“Not Bad”

Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
Ranked #110 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
“Not Bad”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Everything was OK. I think my friends booked a larger room but when we got there they said it wasn't available and we were given a smaller room.

The room was pretty clean and I used their pool. It was nice.

We just stayed here to go to an event at Hogan's.

I think I ended up making a bed on the pull out sofa.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank R G
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. For future, we offer special rates for Florida residents and a Play & Stay for those like you who want to attend any event here on the island and stay for the night.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Austin
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My mom and I stayed here, and we both loved the property. Our two-bedroom suite was perfect. Breakfast was included, and it was good but not great. We ended up having to leave a day early, and management refunded the cost of the last night! I will definitely stay here on my next visit to Tampa. Thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay! We look forward to your next visit!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family and I, (3), migrate to Tampa at least 2 times per year. With each stay we try a different Hotel so that we can find a favorite and this is it! The convenience of a hotel with all the comforts of home.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank amyn963
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay! We're glad you found us and really glad we are your favorite!!!
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We needed up booking this hotel as a last minute thing. Unsure what to expect we were more than pleased with out suite. Personal kitchen, living room, king size bed, great restroom space to change etc. our suite was spotless and we even had our very own fireplace. Loved this place and the dock was absolutely the best part of it all. Great view! And super friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our great property in Tampa! We are all glad to know you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!!!
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I wanted to start by saying that I was very hesitant in staying at this hotel. I read almost all of the reviews about this place, both negative and positive. At the end of the day, I'm so glad that we stayed here. It's not too far from Clearwater. The breakfast was amazing! I wasn't expecting that at all. Our room was very clean and the beds were so comfortable I slept like a baby. I loved the deck over-looking the water and yes you do see the causeway. I saw a lot of people fishing on the desk and there's also dock for people who have boat. But... In my opinion, there are somethings that needs improvement . The internet connection was very slow. They only had basic tv channels. The appliances need to be replaced. I would pay a little bit more if they had better internet connection, better channels and newer appliances. Other than that, great hotel for your money! I would recommend getting the city pass booklet. It's only $119 per adult and $99 per child. The booklet contain 5 attractions like Busch Gardens and Clearwater Marine Aquarium (Home of Winter the dolphin from Dolphin Tale!!). Saves you a lot of money!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Cynde D, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your recent review! We are always pleased to hear when our guests enjoy our beautiful waterfront property! You can be sure we are working to improve wireless speed and we are going room to room updating as quickly as we can. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon!
Porter, Indiana
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I booked (and paid for) a 6 night stay for our 20th wedding anniversary 3+ months in advance, requesting a room close to the dock both online and by phone. When we checked in, we were not near the dock, and we had a scenic view of a construction dumpster. My husband explained to the front desk agent, and they did move us, but not to where I had requested, at least not unless I was willing to pay an additional $50.00 per night ! We called and asked for towels, and it took 2 phone calls and 1 hour and 40 minutes to get them. Plus, I found a previous guests condom wrapper in our bed. I was understanding until this point, and all I got was a "sorry about that" from the front desk, not to mention that I had to track down the housekeeper responsible for our room myself to get clean sheets after finding the condom wrapper. I emailed the General Manager, and although she was polite, I still ended up with just an apology, and a bunch of questions about who I spoke to and when, etc.Our room was not cleaned well at all, the service agents were not helpful, and management was not either...so needless to say, we will never return to this hotel again. Save yourself the headache...go pretty much anywhere else !

Room Tip: Until they remodel and invest in some real maintenance, there is no such thing as a good room here.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tlj-hotelreview
My apologies that your stay did not exceed expectations. Unfortunately, we do not sell our waterfront/view rooms through third party reservations. Guests preferring to stay in one of our water view or bayfront rooms do so at a slightly higher rate as you might expect and those rooms are available on our website or through our hotel's reservation system. I also apologize that our staff was not able to assist you with your concerns in a manner that was suitable to you. It is always our priority to ensure each guest's satisfaction, comfort and most of all guest experience.
Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I found this facility to be comfortable from our suite, sitting on the dock visiting, swimming in the pool and visiting with other patrons in one of the relaxing outdoor sitting areas. I had read some of the reviews prior to booking this facility. I do not know where they stayed, but our room was clean, comfortable and ready earlier so we could move right in. The breakfast and evening social were very enjoyable as was the food served. All of the staff were always friendly and willing to assist us. This trip was a personal trip but would recommend this facility to any of my customers coming into town for a meeting with my company.

2 Thank antlerlady
Thank you for your complimentary review of our hotel! We are so glad you enjoyed our beautiful property and hope to see you again soon!