“I'm a very happy guest”

Ranked #111 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
New York
“I'm a very happy guest”
Reviewed 3 February 2009

Beware! I read all the reviews and I took a risk. Boy, Did I have a Wonderful stay at chase suites! I would go back. I went during super bowl weekend. The staff there are very friendly & accomadating and the rooms were very clean. They have free wireless in the lobby and they have a business center. They were able to take me anywhere as long as it was 5 miles radius for no charge! (Obviously, took care of the driver ;- ) I asked about the cruise transportation (for next time) and that is way past 5 miles. It is about 10 miles and if I was to take a cruise, I would have to buy a "Ship and shore package". If I don't then I will have to pay for a shuttle ride. Remember, there is always 2 sides of the story!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank HappyGuestNewYork
chasetampaGM, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this review, 14 April 2009
Dear HappyGuestNewYork,

Thank you for giving us a chance to show you what we are about. We work hard to satisfy all our guests needs and comments like this make us want to continue to provide the quality and service you deserve. We hope to see you again soon. Tell your friends about us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 2 December 2008

Beautiful suite,Great view.Room was on the water of Tampa Bay.Pier and dock was so pretty lit up with lights.They have a great place to sit and relax and look over the water.Very quite.Tons of room.Full kitchen,Living room.Bedroom and full bath downstairs,bedroom and full bath upstairs.Lots of closet space.Furnishings were clean and pretty.The grounds are so clean and pretty.Great for travel with pets.You would never know a pet had been in the room.Very clean.2 mile to the Tampa airport 17 miles to Clearwater.Easy access.Highly recommend.Very pleased and will book our next trip to Tampa with this hotel.Breakfast was great fresh fruit,waffles,cereal,danishes,toast,muffins ect.Clean and beautiful with a great view!

• Liked — View,Easy access,clean
  • Disliked — Hot tub was not very hot
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank mypottery
NH
Reviewed 26 November 2008

I stayed at the Chase Suites in Tampa with another couple on November 8-9 2008. The amount I was quoted for the room included tax, and “free” transport to and from both the airport and the cruise port.

The trouble began as soon as we got off the ship. I called the hotel and they assured us a shuttle was on its way and would be there in about 15 minutes. Thirty minutes passed – no shuttle. I called the hotel again. They described the shuttle and said it should be there. They assured me the driver had my cell phone and would call if she couldn’t find me. More time passed. No shuttle, no call. I called the hotel again and this time they said the shuttle was full and they would get us the next trip. We waited. And waited, and called again. This time we got a different person who told us we were waiting at the wrong spot. So we dragged our luggage to the new spot and waited. Another half hour passed, no shuttle. I had my boyfriend call this time, as I was getting really upset and he got a different answer and a different location. So again we dragged our luggage to a new spot. Finally we were picked up after standing in the hot Tampa sun with all our luggage for well over 2.5 hours. Please note we were only in Tampa for one night, and because of these delays any notions of site seeing or enjoying the city were ruined.

The room was fine and we settled in. In the morning, when we went to leave, we went to the office to have the bill split between two credit cards. They told us the machines were down and they would send us a receipt. The other couple needed to leave, and we needed to catch our plane.. so we agreed to let the hotel send us the receipts by mail.

No receipts ever arrived. When we checked our credit card statements online we found this.. that they had overcharged our cards by $60. When we called for a credit, they credited one couples account and charged the other. At one point they told us the $60 represented the 'free' transport fees. We called at least 6 times, talking to several staff who in the end told us to "take it up with our bank, it wasn't their problem".

So, in addition to "taking it up with the bank" I thought I should also warn other travelers about this hotel's shuttle and financial policies.

While the rooms are nice, DO NOT depend on them for transportation and be sure you walk away with your charges defined!

• Liked — room had two bedrooms so we could be seperate from other couple when we wanted to
  • Disliked — they made a mess out of our credit cards and didn't care
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
3 Thank gargophyle

Travellers are raving about these Tampa hotels

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 18 November 2008

Very nice room. Spacious and very clean. Nice breakfast. I paid $79 a night. Didn't care for the $6 per day wireless fee. Ad lists wireless internet, but doesn't mention it's not free. Why do hotels do this. It's like airlines charging for a bag. Just charge enough for the room and don't nickel and dime us. Won't stay again.

• Stayed November 2008
Chicago
Reviewed 5 November 2008

After staying at other suite hotels, this one was below average. The room layout is not well layed out. In the studio suite, the tv was in the far corner of the room. Not convenient if you like to watch tv in bed. There was a dead bug in the bathroom upon our arrival. Beware of the internet charge that was not stated on their website.

• Disliked — no exercise facilities, additional internet fee in room
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
Suffolk
Reviewed 16 October 2008

I called in and made reservations on a Saturday, first off I was on hold so long. I hung up the phone and called back waited another 10 min to finally make my reservation. Got to the hotel, they didnt have my reservation. Room was decent, although very dark and smelled sour, beds uncomfortable, and BRIGHT yellow chairs (what are they thinking). This place needs an all over makeover. I was better off going to a motel than this dump. Good luck to all you travelers who will be staying here!!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
dsoto823
Reviewed 1 October 2008

We came down from Chicago to visit my mother in the hospital. The kids loved the two bedroom suite. They had plenty of room to play around. The staff was very accomodating. We took use of the complimentary shuttle. (Driver Dean was extra nice) I would definitely recommend this place to anyone travelling to Tampa.

• Liked — Very nice accomodations
  • Disliked — no problems
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family