“Nice accommodations, good location, friendly staff!”

Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
Ranked #102 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 1 May 2009

I stayes at the Chase Suites with my mother, son and son's friend, both age 11. We chose the 2 bedroom sutie. The room was spacious and very nice, with the 2nd bedroom and bathroom being upstairs. The kitchen is complete and fairly well stocked but we didn't really intend to do a lot of cooking. It was nice to have a microwave and a full sized refrigerator for drinks. The breakfast was very good with lots to choose from. There is coffee available in the lobby at all time which was very nice. The pool was heated and perfect. We also like the deck on the bay, very relaxing. The boys enjoyed the basketball court. We felt safe here and the staff were always friendly and helpful in giving directions, providing necessities, etc. We did have to go to the front desk a few times for items such as shampoo, toilet paper and towels but they were always eager to accommdate us. They also provided helpful tips and information about local eateries, shopping, activities, etc. Bahama Breeze is next door and a nice place to eat. Hotel was easy to find and convenient to and from the airport. It is close to other attractions as well such as Busch Gardens. It is a bit of a drive to the beaches, but not far and a pleasant, scenic drive. Also, there is a computer available for guest use in the lobby, a very nice touch. We were able to check in electronically for our flight home and print all of our boarding passes, which saved a great deal of time and hassle at the airport the morning of our departure. I would caution that anyone staying in the second floor bedroom NOT place items on the ledge. My son and his friend knocked off a bottle of water that hit me in the head as I was sitting on the couch in the living area below. It is a "loft" style room and is open. Caution should be exercised with children and with placing objects on the ledge. We enjoyed our stay and actually thought it felt more like a resort than a hotel. Any questions, please feel free to email me, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ripley304

Reviewed 29 April 2009

When we arrived, our room that we reserved was already occupied. The hotel gave us a room at no charge for the evening and then made sure we got the room we reserved. The General Manger, Jose Nieves, was very apologetic and could not do enough for us the rest of our stay, What started bad ended up very good.

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank scs4sas
chasetampaGM, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2009

It was my pleasure taking care of you! Feel free to contact me personally if you should visit the Tampa Bay area again. I will make sure you have a great stay!

Reviewed 21 April 2009

We just returned from Tampa and was very pleased with our stay. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The facilities were very nice, heated pool, deck overlooking water with tables and gas grill. The breakfast was nice, they changed it up a few days with eggs, biscuits and gravy, hash. We had three teenagers with us and they enjoyed themselves as well and we all know how hard they can be. Grounds were maintained nicely. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2009

We were traveling with friends on this trip and of course planned on 2 separate rooms until my wife found this 2 room suite at Chase. The hotel was not the focus for this vacation so it was worth a try. We were very pleased. As a matter of fact we could not have been happier and the staff did everything to make sure we were.

To be fair the hotel is a little bit dated but not to a degree where it really made a difference and the property was well maintained and clean. There is a nice communal deck area by the water with a barbeque which made a great retreat for a relaxing evening cigar. There is a good selection of walkable close restaurants and just a few minutes drive from the airport and an upscale shopping mall if you wanted that. The only complaint I might have is that the wireless internet is pretty useless. I found several people with their laptops in the buffet dining area to connect well enought to do the work we had to do.

If you are looking for a hotel that is close to the beach this is not your best choice but, for a fairly central location that does not feel as if you are "right in town", Chase Suite Hotel was a good choice for us.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your comments. We are working very hard to update our rooms and beds. We will be done very soon and we are excited about it. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 28 February 2009

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter & granddaughter. We chose it because we were visiting another daughter who lived nearby. All of the staff were pleasant & very attentive, including the reception, housekeeping & shuttle staff. The room was clean, the beds were very comfortable. You could tell the rooms had recently been renovated. We didn't eat at the complimentary breakfast as we usually slept in, but from what I saw of it, there was a very nice choice of hot & cold foods. The pool was warm & the spa felt really great after an afternoon of shopping. We used the shuttle service to take us to malls & other sites nearby. We had a problem with one of the televisions & within 10 minutes of calling the front desk, another television was brought in!! After all is said and done, I will stay there again, without hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Rochester_NYGrandma
chasetampaGM, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2009

Dear Rochester_NYGrandma,

We appreciate your kind wors about our service and staff. We understand that family visits are important and need to go as planned to keep the excitement of seeing loved ones intact. We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2009

We stayed at the Chase Hotel Last March, went for Yankee Spring Training with husband and s18 yr old son, we had the most wonderful time. They give you a continental breakfast everyday, and also have hordouves and wine about 4pm. There is a very nice resteraunt walking distance away. The food was Great there, we also got to meet Greg Nettles and Goose Gosage at the restraunt. I believe they also stayed at the Hotel. There is a convenience store on the grounds. The shuttle took us where ever we needed to go. The staff there was wonderful, very polite and informative. This yr we were thinking about going back, We did not expect the rooms to be so nice. Plenty of room, a fireplace, nice kitchen. We would not think of going any where else if we go to Tampa. My son is begging us to go back. Since the economy is so scary right now, not sure what we can do, but we are defintly going to book here if the chance comes around. We live in NJ and for the price of going to the beaches here, it is not worth it, This is one great place to go. Also had a laundry room that was very convenient. I hope we get the opportunity to go back soon. Thanks and keep up the good work.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank NewJerseyJeter

Dear NewJerseyJeter,

Thank you so much for your comments. All Yankee fans are welcome at the Chase! We work really hard at making their stay enjoyable while visiting for Spring training and we appreciate the patronage. Thank you!

Reviewed 3 February 2009

Beware! I read all the reviews and I took a risk. Boy, Did I have a Wonderful stay at chase suites! I would go back. I went during super bowl weekend. The staff there are very friendly & accomadating and the rooms were very clean. They have free wireless in the lobby and they have a business center. They were able to take me anywhere as long as it was 5 miles radius for no charge! (Obviously, took care of the driver ;- ) I asked about the cruise transportation (for next time) and that is way past 5 miles. It is about 10 miles and if I was to take a cruise, I would have to buy a "Ship and shore package". If I don't then I will have to pay for a shuttle ride. Remember, there is always 2 sides of the story!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank HappyGuestNewYork

Dear HappyGuestNewYork,

Thank you for giving us a chance to show you what we are about. We work hard to satisfy all our guests needs and comments like this make us want to continue to provide the quality and service you deserve. We hope to see you again soon. Tell your friends about us.