“Management....... haughty, conceited, self-important, egotistic, superior;”

Motel 6 Tampa Downtown
Ranked #114 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 4 November 2013

All of my travels this place rates up there..... The incompetence combined with the God like personna.... Well your better off talking to a deaf child.. Angel (assistant manager) could care less about the needs of her guest. More about her lunch breaks. Now if your in need of any assistance wait for the night manager. She will go out of her way to take care of your needs. As for house keeping..... The best.... Shocking for me do to the condition of the place. They work with what little supplies that are afforded to them. Always helpful & happy. Maybe they should run the place & let the management clean up the mess they turn a blind eye to. In a nut shell its a great place to get all your naughty needs fulfilled... Cause management nor the police will interfer. So if your a user its your kinda place... If your like me .......... "We got to get out of here!" Pictures I am share are of Motel 6 Fairgrounds.... NOT MOTEL 6 FOWLER

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear TheTikiGirl,
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the service issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

For convenience of location we spent, just shy of a month, and close to $3000, in this high traffic area motel.
After moving roons from the back of the property to the front, it was a little easier to sleep without the door to the adjacent room being knocked on every 4-5 minutes for the 50 year old dealer to dispense his wears. I guess I could give him the benefit of a doubt, if I believed one person could have 60 or 70 grandchildren stopping to visit individually after 11pm every night. I however, don't have any doubt that the young African American kids who we walked past every night that said things like.. "you skrait?" Or " I got dat fire, yo", were dealing drugs.
The things we put up with to save a few dollars.
Oh yea, they charge $3.21 per night for wifi. There is more..I will get to it soon.

Room Tip: Stay Elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
15  Thank Gilligans_Tiki_Huts
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed here one night with a friend after driving from Miami. We arrived late and checked in without much consideration to the appearance of the building and location, we were tired after a four hour drive. After checking in, paying only $50 for a night, we were approached by a sheriff, wondering what two English girls were doing checking into this motel. We advised us not to check and gave us directions to several hotels and inns close by, too late, we'd already checked in. As it was late we decided to stay. The sheriff gave us a few tips, to put a chair in front of our door, not to open the door until the sun was up and to dial 911 if we heard anything suspicious or if anyone tried getting into our room. He then told us he will be patrolling the area until 3am, before driving off to park his car in the lot. Overall we didn't have a bad night, aside from staying in a filthy, stinky room with huge cockroaches, and people gathering around our rental car. I wouldn't stay here again if I was paid $50 to!

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Hannah312
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Even by Motel 6 standards, this place is very run-down and doesn't feel particularly safe however if you're looking for a low budget option near Busch Gardens / USF, just hold your nose, watch for your safety, and try to get a good night's rest in an old bed with holes in the linen. The bathroom looked clean enough and so I gave it a two star rating instead of one. Check-in was rather archaic; even though I completed the reservation via computer, they still wanted me to fill in a check-in card by hand. My impression was that the front desk staff were more use to unsavory clientele to match the poor condition of the facility. Also, Wi-Fi isn't free and you have to pay for it person at the front desk. Overall, can't really recommend this place unless you're going solo or sans kids, and/or your budget doesn't allow for more.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I stayed here for the price and location. My room 208 had small bugs on the sink and smelled rotton. I requested my money back but didnt honor it, so they put me in a nother room, guess what still bugs. So I called the front desk and told them I would call the health dept and they hung up on me. So u folks think twice before staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank kopocon407
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Not a minute of sleep. Three buildings or parts of the building. The one in back is for prostitutes and drug dealers (at least on Friday). They put the handicap rooms in the section for prostitutes. Girls and their customers yelling all night. Fights break out. Afraid to go to the car to escape. Slob at front desk laughing about it in the am.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank shawnsstuff
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Its spring break and many hotels were full. We got last room here at Motel 6. After reading reviews we almost did not want to even try. Im glad we did. The bed was really comfortable and i slept well. The things i look for in a room were great.... Cold a/c, hot water, good tv, close to 100's of restaurants and clean sheets. The staff sealed the deal for us. If you want a good stay you can get one here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank CapnBlaine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions
Hyatt Place Busch Gardens
West Wing Boutique Hotel
West Wing Boutique Hotel
#24 of 163 in Tampa
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tampa North - Busch Gardens

Been to Motel 6 Tampa Downtown? Share your experiences!