“Unwanted guests”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #140 of 162 Hotels in Tampa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

This place needs to be shut down. I payed a week here and won't stay any longer then that. I woke up with roaches in bed with me. They don't eve try to make the place look decent or smell nice and on top of that every outlet just stopped working. I informed them, its been 30 minutes and I'm still sitting here in the dark and no tv.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank kpandabear
orlando
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

This had to be the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. First let me say that the persons who checked me in and checked me out were very nice and professional. That is the only good thing I can say about this placed. When I drove into the parking lot to my room I saw several "shaddy" characters working on a car. I was afraid to leave my car. The elevator was a death trap. The room was dirty and smelled like motor grease. I never removed my shoes even when I showered in that filthy, small bath tub. The ceilings in the bathroom were so low i could touch them. Luckily i brough my own linen and towels. Had to strip the bed because the shes had yellow stains. The curtin had holes in them that was stuffed with toilet tissue. When I opened the fridge there were roaches. I slept with the lights on and the table against the door. They couldnt pay me to stay there again

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
knightsinntampa, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Knights Inn Tampa during your recent visit to our area.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Desk staff was informed of the nice comments you made about them and received our commendation.

• Management was approached about providing security for the parking lot.

• Maintenance was informed of the smell you reported and instructed to see to its elimination.

• Housekeeping received additional training in seeing that the rooms are properly clean.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of roaches and instructed to look into the matter and see to their extermination.

I hope that the next time you are in our area you will once again choose to stay at the Knights Inn Tampa. I think you will be greatly pleased.

San Jose, Costa Rica
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

Because of this "hotel" ive had the worst foreign trip ever. The place is veeery dirty. It smells terrible and lots of reckless people stay in the hotel. I felt very unsecured at night and we had an accident meanwhile staying at the hotel and there was no access for wheelchairs. We had to roll the elder woman in an office chair... terrible, horrible, DISGUSTING!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
knightsinntampa, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Knights Inn Tampa during your last visit to our area.

We appreciate the review and we take it quite seriously- for improvement.

I am sorry we were not able to deliver a great experience to you, we will be utilizing your feedback to help us improve!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

APRIL 12/13 2013 (out on 301 u.s./away out-BUT NICE} This a nice motel(remodelin from the fromer owner), JUST BEAR WITH THEM.. It nothing fancy,but nice & friendly,THE OWNER-BOBBY/is areal nice young man @ so is the front desk/housekeepers; THEY ARE DOIN THEIR BEST TO MAKE YOUR STAY A NICE ONE....THIS is not a 5*****PLACE,but better then sleepin out side,BLAM the others guess before you-on why they do not give you a bath room full of towels(people tend to borrow your stuff & never give back) this make it hard on the other guess & motel to supply them/PLUS,you can stop by the $$$$(dollar-store) to buy soap/shampoo,ect...STOP DOWNIN THIS PLACE/ NO ROACHES-my hold stay{2 nites}..... MR BOBBY,U & YOUR STAFF ARE DOIN A GOOD JOB...Oh,bobby,you might want to ask housekeepin-to check AC filter(to clean them) this will cut down on your electic bill/it work for me & make sure the frig.work(the on in rm.137 did not{forgot to tell you},BEFORE SOME OTHER HAVE A BAD COMPLAIMENT....

Room Tip: YOU might hear,others comin & goin thow the nite-THIS BY THE FAIR GROUND & NEAR A TRUCKERs R...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
knightsinntampa, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Knights Inn Tampa for your recent stay and the review. It is encouraging to hear that the service you received from our staff exceeded your expectations.

They work hard to ensure that each guest has a memorable experience and I will be sure to share your kind comments with them.

Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

Housekeeping and the Maintenance was informed about the AC Filter that need to be cleaned and Refrigerator in the room 137 assigned to you and instructed to see to the necessary repairs .

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Knights Inn Tampa .

I think you will be greatly pleased.