La Quinta Inn Tampa Near Busch Gardens
US$156
SailportSuites.com
US$159
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
US$183
US$482
US$286
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewsyogurtroom was cleanhard boiled eggsolive gardenconvenient locationdecent hotelfree breakfastgreat roomnice poolbusch
Suwanee, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 25 September 2013

It was apparent that a lot of attention to detail is paid to this hotel property by the staff. I was amazed! Everybody was always very busy and some type of maintenance and upkeep was always happening. It appears that the company DOES care about the condition and cleanliness of this hotel at all times.

My wife chose this hotel (because she had heard a lot of good things about La Quinta). I was at the time a little like 'meh... they're all the same'. As usual, my wife was right. I have travelled and stayed at a LOT of hotels in my life.

Anyway, as a business owner - I was really interested in staying here simply because of that episode of Undercover Boss (from 2010).... but did not expect to see the attention to detail and really busy activity the morning we checked out. Even the guy picking up trash around the property was insane in doing his job so well. The front desk girl, was perfect! I guess it was the maintenance manager was talking about doing some maintenance to the wooden trellis thing at the swimming pool to some contractors... again, I was like 'wow'. These people REALLY do care.

Other things:
The desk, (CHAIR!!), room lighting and oh yeah, the remote digital thermostat!!! PERFECT! All of this was a BIG DEAL for me because we had a HOURS of work to do for court the next day. We worked all the way up until 12 noon check out time.

The replacement of the a/c controls with the digital control on the other side of the room - where it belonged! - was a fantastic idea! I never expected a routine hotel stay to be so 'just right' for us. La Quinta will definitely get our business again, and again!

Keep it up! We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Toa Alta
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Near Bush Gardens. (main purpose) Fast check in & check out process.
Friendly employees. Modern room, very clean and the bathroom. Clean nice Pool. Free wifi & breakfast. Very good and comfy bed. The hotel is near the higway and restaurant. Great prices.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 September 2013

No problem with check in, staff courteous and called to check after we got in room.

Our room was in the back, on the first floor, other than hearing running children in the room above ours for a few minutes, noise was not an issue.

Room looked renovated, flat screen tv, clean linens, bathroom clean, no issues at all in our room.

Included breakfast--- typical for these places --- waffles, cereals, fruit, yogurt, etc. It was a larger room than I typically find in these motels, so even though crowded, could get a seat.

5 min drive to parking at Busch Gardens, which is why we stayed here, so could get to park when opened wihout having to get up too early.

Immediate neighborhood a little sketchy, but for our one night in the hotel, was not a bother.

I would stay here again if I wanted to be close to BG. Good value for an updated motel room.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank anony
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel is pitched as being right next to Bush Gardens. It is, but on the back side of the park which translates in you still needing a car to get to the park, because the hotel does not have a shuttle to take you there.

The rooms are OK, but that is about it. The hallways, the elevator and common areas looked dirty and stink, it looks pretty guetto. The breakfast is pretty basic and unorganized. I will look for better options next time I return to Tampa.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We could not sleep we ended out checking out that same night, The pool does not close untill 11pm so people were out there partying screaming, there was slaming of doors i called the desk for noise they did nothing.The beds were clean and made but bathroom was discusting, shower head was broken sink was rusty and corroded. The area around it was ghetto and loud! Never will go back!!! If you looking for peace and cleaness this is not the place!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool area if you decide to go there.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family