“Good value”

Ranked #83 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Wauwatosa, United States
“Good value”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

For $69 a night, I wouldn't expect the Hilton - but the La Quinta offered a clean room (albeit a bit older, but again, updates to all rooms would mean a higher room price), breakfast, pool, and great location. Nice beds - hotel beds, but they were clean and well presented, nice tv and wifi, great for after our day at Busch Gardens.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Czech first
Buffalo, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is the ideal place to stay for comfort and quality, especially when you bring your furry family members with you. We genuinely relaxed every day we stayed at this hotel. The staff are very nice and helpful folks and we'll be back soon.

1 Thank Holly F
Oriskany, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The beds were very comfy. The staff was extremely nice. The hotel could use some upgrading and new rugs. Although it is not in the best part of town, I never felt unsafe. It is very close to Busch Gardens so it makes it very convenient. The room service food was excellent but the area restaurants are rather yucky.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We got this hotel because it was cheap & close to the Moffitt cancer center which is where we needed to be for the week. The first night we were here was good. There's a lot of restaurants nearby, the rooms are roomy & clean. We went to the pool outside which was quiet, & enjoyable. The next day we were woke up because somebody brought their dog, & it wouldn't be quiet. This continued throughout the week. It kept barking & howling & the front desk refused to do anything. The next time i tried to get in the hot tub it was cold. When I asked the front desk they said "oh..it happened again? Yeah that's been happening. Sorry." They were rude overall. After the third day they just stopped cleaning our room, & when i said something, all she did was give me more towels. Their breakfast selection is horrible. They barely have anything. It's not in a safe area. Lots of reports of theaf. Tonight I'm being kept awake by people at the pool being obnoxiously loud & that dog barking & howling. It is clean when they clean your room. It's beautiful on the outside. The patio on the outside is nice. But that's about the only good thing i have to say.

• Stayed April 2014

Travellers are raving about these Tampa hotels

Cleveland, Georgia
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I have stayed here several times. I stay here because the rates are so low when you compare them to the other motels in the area.

The motel is across the street (literally, you can see one of the roller coasters) from Busch Gardens. Understandably, the motel has also been used frequently with such a large venue so close. That's the feeling that you get when you stay here: high use motel.

That being said, the front desk staff is both friendly and accommodating. The rooms are reasonably clean, but not immaculate. As a man, I don't worry about every little speck of dirt, as long as everything isn't too nasty, and it's not too nasty here.The beds are always comfortable.

There is a security fence around the motel, but I see that as an enhancement, not a detractor. They do patrol the parking the lot as well. I observed someone being escorted from the property while I was there.

What I ask myself when I stay at any motel is this: Is my experience comparable to the rate that I have paid? The answer here is yes. I paid roughly half the rate that I would have paid for a more expensive motel, but sacrificed many of the amenities that I would have received.

This La Quinta is a fair bargain, and I'll see them the next time that I'm in Tampa on business.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Our three basic necessities for lodging are cleanliness, cost, and local area safety. The adjacent property is a Tampa Police Station. In those three things the La Quinta Inn Tampa Near Busch Gardens was just fine. Other than the friendly helpful staff it would be a stretch to say there was anything exemplary about the place. The rooms absolutely need renovation. One annoyance was that some other guests camped out in the stairwell near our room to do their smoking. The odor of smoking cigarettes could be clearly discerned in our closed door room.
If you are in Tampa to visit Busch Gardens you could not get closer. The hotel is a short walk to Busch Gardens. The hotel is also relatively close to 1950s throwback Mel's Hot Dogs and the excellent Jalapeno Mexican Grill.
As soon as our concerns about cleanliness and area safety were met we chose this place based upon very low cost during a Tampa very busy period.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE..rooms aren't renovated rooms smell like..ants I'm room..waffles are good but the rest of Breakfast was horrible..complain and manager did refund my money otherwise the stay was awful..was suppose to stay 3 days checked out early

• Stayed March 2014