“Wonderful Stay!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino
Ranked #57 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We booked this hotel for a one night stay the night before our cruise. We enjoyed our stay, the staff was friendly and available. The hotel is in an industrial area and a little out of the way but they have a shuttle that takes you to the cruise port and anywhere you want to go with a specified mile radius around the hotel. We left out car at the hotel, they drove us to the port and came to pick us up when we got back. Very convenient. Our room was clean, comfortable, and virtually new. My only complaint is that although the free breakfast is better than what you get at other hotels, there was nothing hot other than waffles, coffee and tea. They also had a selection of instant oatmeal, premade breakfast sandwiches, and breakfast breads and pastries, but I prefer a heartier breakfast. Overall though, we loved the hotel and would definitely stay here the next time we are in Tampa.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
FairfieldLiz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds/Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Thank you for the comments about your recent stay with us. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. I am happy to hear we made your trip convenient with our shuttle service! In reference to breakfast, we do have some additional hot items, such as Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwiches and Hard Boiled Eggs, so on your next trip here (which I hope will be soon) I hope you can better enjoy your breakfast experience with us. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!
Liz Loscalzo, General Manager

Reviewed 6 December 2011

We enjoyed our stay, the staff was very friendly and helpful, we were upgraded to a suite for our anniversary, very nice . We used the shuttle to go to the St. Pete Forum and enjoyed the free breakfast. The hotel was very clean and updated

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank theharmonypetspa
Reviewed 5 October 2011

My sister and I spent last Saturday night at this hotel and we were both VERY impressed at the cleanliness of the hotel, friendliness of the staff and last but far from least, the high standard of the room. Both quality and decor of the lobby and room was lovely. They also served a hot breakfast but we slept late and missed it. The hostess in the breakfast room went and brought out bagels and English Muffins for us even though the buffet had closed 25 minutes earlier. I highly recommend a stay at this hotel and certainly plan on returning sometime in the near future. It certainly was value for money.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2011

The Fairfield Inn can be a bit difficult to find at night once you leave the highway as you have to drive on streets through what appears to be an office park. There is a Wendy's and two gas stations that can be walked to but not much else nearby. The hotel was clean and appeared to have newer carpet and furnishings. The reason I recommend it for a single night stay is that the king room was very compact and the breakfast buffet consisted only of waffles, bagels, cereal, one type of muffin, and a refrigerator with Jimmie Dean sandwiches and yogurt. I was disappointed that there wasn't fresh fruit and a few more choices.

Room Tip: The highway is right next to the hotel, ask for a room facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel for two days for business in Tampa. It's clean and the rooms were comfortable. However, there is not much of anything nearby (except a Wendy's). My biggest issue is that I left my jewelry in the room after I checked out because I was in a huge rush to get to Tampa. When I discovered I did not have my jewelry, I immediately phoned the hotel and told them exactly what had happened and where I had left my jewelry. Instead of being connected to management, I was routed to Housekeeping. The person I spoke with informed me the room had not yet been cleaned and she would go and look for my jewelry. I was also on my way back to the hotel. Unfortunately, by the time I arrived and was let back into my room, someone had "cleaned" it and my jewelry was nowhere to be found. I recall exactly where I left my jewelry. While I take responsibility for leaving my items there, I am extremely disappointed that management did not take more responsibility when I first called and when I reported my items missing. The response I got was basically, "We talked to Housekeeping and they didn't find anything. Oh, well." I'm really heartbroken over the items that I lost. If you do stay here, don't make the same mistake I did and keep your valuables locked up!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Musarion
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I selected this newer property since it was close to the Port of Tampa. I always like hotels with automatic doors when you enter the lobby, and this hotel has that. The front desk clerk was very helpful and pleasant and when I mentioned we were going on a cruise the next day, she asked if we planned to take their shuttle to the port and leave our car in the hotel parking lot for the week. She said it was a new service, so we reserved seats on the 11am shuttle, which saved me from paying a $100 parking fee at the pier. I planned to take a taxi back to the hotel to save time, since their driver only starts work at 9am on Sunday and I still had to drive 500 miles home.

The room was clean, had great beds, granite counters in the bathroom and a nice work desk and chair. The breakfast area was too small (so frustrating!) and caused people to stand in line to make waffles, heat their egg sandwiches in the microwave and to pour juice. There are only fast food restaurants near the hotel and the 5-7 mile drive to better restaurants was through some rundown parts of town. The easy access to I-4 made it a good choice for us and I'd definitely stay here again if I cruise out of Tampa again.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ksheff-travel
Reviewed 17 June 2011

What a surprise! Beautiful new Fairfield Inn in Tampa. I would recommend this hotel when in the area. The rooms are very clean and bright. Nice!! Breakfast is just right too!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite upgrade if available
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business