“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
McFarland, Wisconsin, United States
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Stayed 4 nights and found the hotel to be very nice. Clean, friendly staff and accommodating. Nothing special but a great place to stay if you need to be centrally located. We played golf at the 3 Sports Authority manged public courses and this turned out to be a good location for us. Also easy to get to the beaches near Clearwater. One of the highlights was the hotel's walking proximity to Bahama Breeze restaurant and bar. Ate there every night. Good chips and salsa, incredibly tasty Shrimp calypso and curried shrimp rice bowl.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike W
, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear Mike W.,

Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with both the accomodations and the level of service received from our Staff. It is our goal to provide every guest with a level of service that is both personal and instinctive. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the near future and if there is anything that we can do to make your stay even more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask.

Ron Alicandro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Orange Park, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

I was impressed the minute I drove up to the entrance. (Note: getting here from Tampa is quick because the hotel has it's own turn lane on the causeway; returning to Tampa takes a little longer because of the route to and wait for the traffic light on the causeway.)

The decor is sleek, modern and, in a sense, minimal - understated elegance. The staff seems genuinely interested in making your stay pleasant and comfortable, and each interaction - from handing my car to the valet, to check-in, to ordering room service - was handled quickly and flawlessly. The sense of wanting to act in the best interest of the customer extended to the staff of the Starbucks in the lobby.

One serious downside: hall noise and, to some extent, sounds from the neighboring room can easily be heard (in particular, the phone in the next room, which rings frequently as the occupants appear to be with a group). Also, I spent several minutes looking for the room service menu, and when I told the front desk I wasn't able to find it I learned the menu for in-room dining is on the TV. You can't order off the TV, though, but when I phoned to place my order the person answering immediately knew my room number and greeted me by my last name.

Room Tip: Rooms xx03 (and probably xx01 and xx05) have an excellent view of the Tampa skyline and the bay, inc...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear WellINever,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and thank you for the very kind words regarding your stay. Comments such as yours are very gratifying to the entire Staff and certainly provide an added incentive to continue to do all that we can to raise the bar by providing service that is nothing less than personal and instinctive. It is our pleasure to provide you with the level of service which you have come to expect from Westin Hotels and we only hope that we have another opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you again!!!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Definetly a great addition to the Westin brand.

From the time I arrived the staff demonstrated a high level of efficiency, professionalism and above all friendliness. I felt welcome and attended to.

The room was nicely sized and well appointed. Plenty of outlets for gadgets and a great interface for the HD tv. The requisite Westin bed of course makes for a nice sleep. The view, was beyond compare. Looking out across the bay to downtownTampa and St Petersburg.

An additional benefit is the in house restaurant, Aqua. The chef puts out a consistently well prepared and presented product. The staff is attentive and friendly. During my 4 week stay, I had the chance to sample many menu items and did not find anything I didn't like. The beef carpaccio is AMAZING.

Overall, the hotel made a long stay away from home more tolerable. i felt well cared for and comfortabe. There is nowhere i would rather stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Comaaz
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
Dear Comaaz,

Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words regarding your recent and extended stay with us. It is an honor to have you as our guest and your comments are greatly appreciated. They also provide the greatest incentive for all of our Associates to continue to provide service that is instinctive and personal and give us all the strong desire to raise the bar even higher. I hope that your travels bring you back to Tampa and we look forward to having another opportunity to insure that all of your future stays are relaxing and enjoyable.

orlando
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

The words "private beach" seem to have a different meaning at The Westin Tampa Bay. It turns out that anyone off the street can, and regularly does, invade the "private beach" on a hourly basis to rent public jet skies that are located on, you guessed it , the "private beach". This strip of sand or so-called "Private Beach" is small enough without the added traffic of inexperienced, often first time, jet ski renters, which in my opinion create an obvious hazard to the legitimate guests that are paying to stay at a Resort with a "private beach". Close calls and even collisions among riders are not uncommon.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank bob d
Dear bob d,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us and I would like to take this oppoortunity to sincerely apologize if your experience on the beach in any way detracted from the remainder of your visit with us. You are correct in that the boats and jet skis are available for rental to both hotel guests and local individuals as well. However, the beach is not open to the public and can only be tenporarily occupied by local residents while they are renting a watercraft.. This is the reason for staff on the beach who monitors this by checking for hotel room keys. As you know, the waterways are public and therefore anyone can access them and utilize them along with those who are renting. Therefore, some of the close calls that you reference could involve anyone riding their own jet skis and they should be reported. Collisions, on the other hand, are a totally different story and if a collision occurs and/or is witnessed, the local authorities are called immediately. Or at least they should be by anyone who witnesses them, citizen or otherwise. Once again, your comments are appreciated and will be conveyed to both the Rental Staff and the Marine Patrol for follow up.

Bonney Lake, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

My experience at this hotel was superlative in comparison to other Westin hotels. In particular, I was very impressed with the service I received upon check-in. I would both recommend, AND stay at this hotel again in the future!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MotivationMan
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Dear Motivation Man,

Thank you very much for visiting with us and for taking the time to share your kind thoughts regarding your stay. It is our goal to provide the highest level of service for all of our guests beginning at the point of check in and beyond. Apparently our Staff succeeded and they will be extremely pleased to know that you will be staying with us in the future.
Comments such as yours are very uplifting and provided motivation for our Associates and reassurance for our future guests.

Athens, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed 2 weeks on business recently and found the hotel very blah. The worst part was the staff. They kept telling me they would find a working frig for my room, never did. Duvet was soiled with blood and it took 2 days to get it replaced. Would not recommend.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank BonniejeanAthens_GA
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear BonnieJeanAthen,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you or taking the time to make us aware of your less than inspring visit and to apologize for the attitude conveyed by our Staff. I can assure you that your concerns have been communicated in a very constructive manner and that feedback such as yours is utilized to help us avoid similar issues in the future.
I realize that this does not help you much, but I would certainly hope that you might consider giving us another chance to prove to you that the level od service received is not indicative of that which we strive to achieve every day.
If your future travel plans do include a return to Tampa, please feel free to contact me directly as I would consider it a privilege to personally handle your reservations and meet you in person. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

We had a great stay at Westin Tampa Bay. The view and service distinguish it from other Hotels in its class and the room was spotless and beautiful. Close to everything and Starbucks on Site.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shari E
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Hello Shari E,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I can assure you that your comments have been shared with our entire Team and have provided all of us with the added incentive to insure that every guest receives the same personal and instinctive service that you received. We hope that you will visit us again the next time you travel to Tampa so that we can reinforce the fact that your satisfaction is our priority.