“Excellent Hotel with a decent location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Westin Tampa Bay

Westin Tampa Bay
Ranked #38 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent Hotel with a decent location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I spent the night here in November 2013 - I had a very early flight out of TPA the next morning and I wanted to be close to the airport.

Pros:
Close to the airport
Very classy hotel (nice modern decor)
Very close to Bahama Breeze, Whiskey Joe's
Has it's own (tiny) private beach on an inlet
NIce restaurant / Bar area
Very nice rooms with the Westin Heavenly beds
Free parking option

Cons:
Restaurant / Bar food is pricey
Not very much withing walking distance of the hotel

Overall I was very impressed with this hotel. I used a suite night award and was upgraded to an 850 sq ft suite. It was a very nice room with great views, kitchenette, and a very nice bathroom. I would definitely stay here again. You will need a car to get around during the stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Chadmzimmerman,

Thank you for the time you took to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay. Your comments and 5/5 rating are both very much appreciated and we are very happy to hear that you intend to return. Please keep in mind that we do have a complimentary courtesy shuttle that will take you to both of the two major malls as well as to any of the countless retaurants which are all within 2-3 miles of the Westin. Please fell free to utilize this convenient service and there is no need to rent a car.
Ron

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

The location of this hotel is great. Easy access to downtown Tampa and Clearwater. Sits along the bay with views out over the water.. Want to rent a jet ski - right out side.. Full service Starbucks in the Lobby.. Agua Restaurant was great tasting.

Room was upgraded upon check in for platinum status. Didn't need to ask. That's always a plus. Room was very nice, clean, modern and comfortable.

Room Tip: Suite with a view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Rsingleton,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for your very gracious 5 out of 5 overall rating. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to your return in the near future. Your comments provide inspiration to our entire team to continue to raise the bar and to deliver service that is unmatched.
Stay well,
stl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

The hotel staff, especially General Manager Ron Alicandro, went above and beyond to make my stay and trip the best it could be, even going so far as to personally drive a forgotten item to my place of business before my flight out.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank keith p
Dear Keith P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for your very kind words. Your 5 out of 5 rating is very much appreciated as well and we are glad that we were able to resolve your dilemna. We all look forward to your return and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel was beautiful and the location was great for a stop between the airport and the cruise ship. The staff was very helpful and we enjoyed the aqua bar and restaurant. There were 3 of us in the room and it wasn't over crowded. The bathroom was especially spacious.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gypsymothker
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Gypsymothker,

Thank you for your very kind words and gracious 5/5 rating. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and hope that the cruise was fantastic! We truly enjoyed hosting your group and hope that you will all be back again very soon.
Stay well,
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

When my husband and I had to stay at a Westin on business one evening, I was looking forward to it. I've stayed at Westins before and enjoyed my time there. Maybe it's because we had just stayed at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay a few weeks earlier, but I was really disappointed with the Westin.

At the Grand Hyatt, they gave us a gift of baby toiletries at check-in and sent someone up with a crib all made up. At the Westin, the crib was waiting for us in the room, but I had to set it up. It wasn't difficult, but after an evening of driving, I didn't feel like dealing with it; kind of annoying.

The Grand Hyatt's grounds featured something of a nature walk; the Westin's paled in comparison. The Grand Hyatt had a refrigerator where I was able to store our son's formula and other food for him. The Westin had a minibar that was weight sensitive so I ended up being charged for a bunch of beer we never drank but had moved around to make room for the formula. Also, the sheets at the Westin suck. I felt like I was sleeping in a bed of chalk.

I don't think I need to say where I'll be staying next time.

Room Tip: The view of the bay was really nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sabrina B
Dear Sabusong,

Thank you for taking the time to share your disappointing experience during your recent visit. I would like to sincerely apologize for the problems that you encountered and assure you that we have taken your comments as constructive feedback and steps have already been taken to correct them for the future. Hopefully you will consider giving us another opportunity to provide you with a level of service that everyone has come to expect from Westin Horels and Resorts. If you are willing to do so, please feel free to contact me directly and I would be honored to personally handle your resrvation.
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

the rooms are fabulous, the views spectacular. The hotel staff was courteous. The food was above average and the bar was pleasant with an outside patio. The location is excellent for work and for pleasure. The parking is weird, but the rest of the hotel is nice and clean and open.

Room Tip: rooms looking at the water.... The hotel also brings work out clothes to you for $5 !
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear PeggyB,

Thank you for your kind words and your very gracious rating of 5/5. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that your future plans will allow you to return very soon. I am not certain what you meant by our parking being weird :) but it certainly warrants a response. Our parking fee is $5 per day whether you self park or valet and maybe that was what you were referring to. Other comparable hotels in the area charge $10 to $15 per day, but we have chosen to charge a much more reasonable fee. I hope that helps.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a fantastic location just a short drive to downtown and beaches and has stunning views across tampa bay from all rooms. The staff are friendly and professional and room bathrooms are one of the best we have seen. We have stayed at this hotel several times and look forward to returning again soon.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear JHBtravel,

Thank you very much for taking the time to sahre your pleasant experience and for your continued loyalty. We also look forward to your return visit and truly hope that we continue to live up to your expectations and even raise the bar a little higher each time.
Be Well,