“Very gracious staff!”
Review of Westin Tampa Bay

Westin Tampa Bay
Ranked #48 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 1 October 2010

The room was clean, neat and "fine." The pool and its surroundings are very pleasant.
I thought the food in both the bar and restaurant was very tasty and not over-expensive. Good value. I thought the staff, from the receptionists to those welcoming you to the dining room and the waitstaff to be both gracious and friendly.

I was there to visit a doctor at a neighboring hospital. I asked the receptionist how to
get there from the hotel. She explained there was a shuttle and that worked fine. When she saw me the next day, she left her desk, crossed the lobby to ask if the shuttle worked satisfactorily and offered her wish that she hoped my visit with the doctor had come out well. I thought that graciousness exceptional. I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 September 2010

The hotel is only a short drive from the airport and easily accessible. It’s a good starting point if you arrive late in the afternoon or evening and don’t want to drive all the way to the beaches area. I wouldn’t recommend for longer stays but for business or one or two nights it’s ideal.

The rooms are spacious, modern and very clean with internet connection. Unfortunately, if you are traveling without your own laptop they only offer internet access against payment. The view from the large windows on the bay is spectacular. The bathroom has a walk-in large shower and a tub. What I particularly liked is that all was fairly new and they offered good quality toiletries.

In-house you can find the fine restaurant Aquaknox. Maybe because it was a Saturday evening, the restaurant was quite full with a trendy crowd. The food was well presented and even though a bit pricey worth every cent. There is also a fashionable piano bar area.
I only stayed overnight so I didn’t really have time to explore the surrounding area, but I didn’t see any other restaurants in the immediate neighborhood.

Car parking is for free.
All in all a very nice and comfortable hotel and should I in future fly in late I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank lori05
Reviewed 8 September 2010

While the location and facility itself is wonderful, the staff and service of this hotel is horrible. My sister used the Westin for her wedding room block. They screwed up almost everyone's reservation, including the suite for the bride and groom. When we arrived they told us that unless we were leaving the car overnight they would not valet and we had to park ourselves. We had to ask for a luggage cart and then once it was loaded with the bride's bags and wedding gown no one offered to take the cart inside for us. While we were getting ready for the wedding in the bridal suite a staff member came in to check the mini bar. My sister, the bride, asked her if we could have more disposable coffee cups. The response from the Westin employee - NO, that's housekeepings job. For anyone in hospitality, and especially someone at a hotel the quality of a Westin I would have expected the response to be "I am sorry, I do not have those but I will have some sent up to you". A few minutes later there was a knock on the door and I thought that someone was bringing us cups. Instead it was a staff member asking us if we were checking out (we were not - the reservation for two nights was made more than a year ago). After we told them no we got a call from the front desk saying since we had decided to extend our stay (again we had not) we had to come down to the front desk to get new keys as the old ones had been deactivated. My sister put her foot down and told the front desk that they keys would have to be brought up to her. After an hour we had to call again and request the new keys. The last straw was just now that I am home - I just checked my credit card and the Westin charged ME for my room AND my sister's bridal suite!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank gjd1106
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Had a pleasant stay! Very comfortable, quiet, and clean. Perfect for a getaway, but not too far from the city, restaurants, or entertainment. Would stay again, the bed was super comfy! Only downside is that there is an extra charge for wifi, and it's not all that great.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2010

This review is of the Suite only and is intended for Starwood Platinum's and those booking a Suite outright...don't bother with the west facing suite rooms. Although this is a newer property and very nice, the AC can not cool the West facing suites properly in the hot Florida summer. A small single 11 inch air vent in the living and bedroom coupled with the sensor that turns the AC off if u leave your room is a disgrace for this 4 star property.

Opt for a regular non West facing room in summertime and enjoy this property.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank CalP0ly
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Everything at the hotel was AMAZING!! My husband and I chose this hotel for our wedding weekend. Both our families commented on how nice & beautiful everything was, and that the staff was excellent!! We worked with Jennifer, and she was simply the best!! She allowed me to bring welcome bags for my guests 2 days before my guests arrived and insured that each would receive theirs. I was able to check with most of the family and they all received their bags with everything still inside the way I left them!! Jennifer was extremely helpful & definitely put my mind at ease :) so thank you very much!! Some of my guests were even able to get an early check-in, which was extremely helpful. We have eaten in the Aquanox a few times now... the food was delicious and the service was excellent!! We had brunch the morning after the wedding, and had no problems with the food or service. They even brought out plates and silverware to help serve left over wedding cake I had :) The shuttle was a great touch (takes you anywhere within 3 miles)!! They took us out to International Mall where we continued the party after the wedding! Also, they have live entertainment on the weekends (and Thursday nights) I think, which consists of a piano player in the bar (which they may have more but that’s what I've seen so far...), which is a nice touch. We will definitely use this hotel again if/when the need arises!!

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Very convenient to airport. Great restaurant, a little pricey, food is great. Very comfortable beds. Very clean. Quiet.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business