“Relaxing Stay”

Ranked #37 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Wesley Chapel, Florida
“Relaxing Stay”
Reviewed 17 February 2011

Our family and two dogs spent a wonderful weekend at the Westin Tampa Bay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was spectacular. Very clean, comfortable, and roomy enough for 3 people and two dogs. The workout room was very clean with modern equipment and plenty to go round. I would highly recommend this hotel, and we are planning another stay very soon.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 3 February 2011

We went to get away from the michigan snow. This is an excellent hotel with a private beach and nice location close to the airport. The beach is close to the road, but that didnt bother us.
The restaurant has a great kids breakfast options for $6. The starbucks in the hotel is very convenient. The cleaniness of the hotel impressed us and also the indoor pool was in great shape and huge. We relaxed at the private beach every day and it was fun. They also have jet-ski rentals right there if you are interested at reasonable rates. Valet parking at $5 a day is very reasonable .

I will definitely stay there again, hopefully they maintain they great quality we experienced.

Great Job Westin !

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CanIndian
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 8 February 2011
Thank you very much for your kind words. We hope that you will return to stay with us again in the very near future.

Warm Regards,
The Staff of the Westin Tampa Bay
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 January 2011

I was here for a conference. All I wanted was a room with a nice view and one morning where I could order room service and eat breakfast in bed and look out over the bay. I asked twice (when I made the reservation and when I checked-in) for a view of the bay. They told me the whole hotel is surrounded by water and so every room has a bay view and that my room had a really pretty view. My room had a view of an empty office park and a really great bird's eye view of a parking garage. I didn't have time to argue, so I thought at least I'll get to have a nice breakfast in bed. Nope. They never took my room service order, so I waited for an hour and then, again, had to move on with my day. I also tried to go running-- they gave me a map that said there was a 2 mile course. No. Unless I, at 35, can suddenly run 2 miles in 8 minutes, they have a course that is about 3/4 of a mile. The indoor pool is too small to do laps although the hot tub is ok. The business center was adequate but also really pricey. Although the interior was pretty enough, it just wasn't worth paying the extra to stay there. The Holiday Inn down the way would have been just as good and cost less.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 3 February 2011
I would like to take this opportunity to thank this particular guest for taking the time to make us aware of some of our shortcomings and to extend our apologies for any confusion or inconvenience that they may have experienced.
Our hotel has spectacular water views from every guestroom. The guestrooms begin on the 8th floor, so it is difficult to imagine anyone being dissatisfied with the view. We have been opened for two years now and have never received a complaint about the view from any guestroom. Please feel free to visit our web site as well as Trip Advisor to see both professionally taken photos as well as some taken by past guests. These guests stayed on the same side of the hotel as did this guest and took the photos to post because they enjoyed the view from their room.
It appears as though this guest must have filled out a door knob order for breakfast and I truly apologize if we failed to retrieve it or if we passed by the room before it was placed on the door knob.
The running route card which we provide through our running concierge describes a 2 mile route and a 3 mile route along the water. In addition to a colored map the card also includes a detailed description of both courses. The 2 mile route states "...each lap is 0.4 miles. Walk the trail five laps to reach the distance of 2 miles".
Although our indoor heated pool is not official Olympic size (164' by 84') it is a comfortable 46' by 36' and has been quite suitable for our guests to this point. It is also accessible 24/7 for those who enjoy doing laps with the pool to themselves.
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 13 January 2011

I stayed here because I had a conference down the road at the Grand Hyatt and that hotel was full. The Westin was fine. The rooms were clean, the valet parking was quick, and I had dinner at the restaurant hotel, Aquanox, which was great. I used the hot tub a couple of evenings. I would recommend this hotel and found nothing wrong with it.

Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank boochook
Toronto
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Nice hotel. Room was very clean and comfortable. The bed and shower were both outstanding. Staff was courteous and prompt.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 5 January 2011

After buying a weekend stay through one of our local charities, we confirmed three times with the hotel we could use the voucher on New Years Eve. After checking in, the manager calls us at our New Years Eve dinner and says because we spoke with the wrong people at the hotel (as if we knew we couldn't speak to front desk) we had to leave the hotel within the hour. Acted as if we were stealing from them when we paid probably more for the stay than it was worth through the charity. Management told us "you shouldve have spoken to the right people, the front desk not authorized to tell you we are honoring your voucher". This was booked a month in advance and reconfirmed twice. Had to leave our dinner, and leave the hotel. Ruined our holiday, cannot believe Starwood would let this happen.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank tlevy1946
westintampabaygm, General Manager at Westin Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 8 January 2011
This individual purchased a gift certificate from a local charity auction for a complimentary weekend which we did graciously donate. There are certain restrictions and a few steps to follow when looking to redeem any certificate. In this case, the bearer is instructed to call a specific number to the hotel directly to make the reservation. This individual admitted that he saw the phone number but bypassed that step and called Westin Central Reservations to set up a reservation for New Years Eve weekend. He did not call the hotel number and he did not inform CRO that he wanted to redeem a complimentary certificate. They would have advised him to call the hotel directly. He arrived at the hotel on New Years Eve, checked in, presented a credit card for incidentals and as he was walking towards the elevator informed the Guest Service Agent that he will be using a certificate.
This guest was not asked to leave the hotel. He chose to do so on his own because he refused to pay for this stay and use the certificate for a future stay. He was not pleased with this information and his demeanor in the lobby changed dramatically.
Later he pursued unwarranted compensation from the hotel and then Starwood Corporate. If this gentleman would have followed the proper procedures, this would have all been avoided.
Delran, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 December 2010

This place had it all...convenience to TB Stadium, beaches, Busch Gardens, and USF Campus; it was new - so that means extra clean with new modern decor & flat screen tvs; staff was extremely polite and helpful. The only negative I have to say is you had to pay for the parking (not valet either) and internet access.....and I don't understand why. We will stay here again, however, on our next visit back to Tampa.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple