Reserved a room for the same night with a Priceline bid. If I paid full price I would have been disappointed but at the lower price and at the last minute this hotel was fine. Check In was friendly and efficient. The only choice for a quiet room further up was a queen bed. The hotel lobby and pool area was filled with noisy kids. So when we got off the elevator on the 7th floor, we were glad to see a sign reading "Quiet zone. Children, elephants and marching bands will not be assigned to this floor. Maids service rooms after 10 am. Keep your TV volume low as well as your conversations and try not to slam doors. "The last seems an impossibility in hotels lately. Slamming doors are a given. Our corner room was clean, quiet and had a partial side view of the bay. There was no tub but a large shower. Towels were ample but scratchy. Bathroom had a granite countertop and a light up makeup mirror which took up a lot of space. The in room coffee maker had one envelope of regular and one decaf and the coffee was lousy. But they do have a Starbucks in the lobby. The room also had a working fridge. I was awakened in the middle of the night by guests down the hall who hadn't read the sign apparently. But this hotel is older and I'm not sure how well interior walls are insulated. The whosh of traffic on West Kennedy Blvd below our window wasn't bad and provided a white noise as did the air conditioning unit. Other than the whosh we really heard no outside noises. Excellent, since 275 is just beyond the building. If you're getting the impression that I'm a stickler for a quiet hotel stay, you're right. All in all, given our last minute arrangements and discounted price, this hotel is just fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tampa's newest premier hotel. The new Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers a uniqueness all its own that can perhaps be best described as modern and fresh but elegantly posh. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers its guest complimentary shuttle service to and from Tampa Airport. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore is located less than 2 miles from Tampa International Airport (TPA) and in the heart of the thriving Westshore business district. Our hotel is only a short walk from the Westshore Plaza Mall, offering the finest in shopping, dining and entertainment. Additionally, we are just minutes from the University of Tampa, Tampa General and the University of South Florida. While visiting the Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore, you will find that our location is convenient to many attractions such as Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Raymond James Stadium, George M Steinbrenner Field, Tropicana Field, Florida Aquarium, St. Pete Times Forum and the Port of Tampa located at Channelside.Local businesses include Bank of America, Humana, MacDill Air Force Base, Verizon, Wachovia, General Electric, Met Life and Cisco Systems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Florida