“An excellent choice”

Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore
Ranked #21 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Mistakes do happen but sometimes it is how those that error make good on their mistake that shows their real intent. I got to the hotel and the room they gave me was not serviced. I came back to the lobby and they immediately gave me an upgrade and sent someone to clean the room. The remainder of my stay was superb. The hotel location is excellent as it provides easy access to all the major areas of Tampa.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is the first time I've stayed here, and I will return. Although there is nothing spectacular about this hotel, there were no bad surprises either.
Pros:
a. Cabana Suites - huge inside. A must.
b. Shower - clean, and huge.
c. Bed - quite, and the perfect level of firmness.
d. Staff - very professional and friendly.
e. Swimming pool - clean, and the perfect temperature.
f. location - very close to the airport and easy access to the bay bridges.
g. if you want to dine out, you can walk to several restaurants at the mall across the street.
h. Parking - lots of free parking

Cons:
Can't think of any.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Very friendly check-in, spacious and modern rooms. Liked the big shower (instead of the tub) and the lavatory outside the bathroom. Bed very comfortable. Modern (quiet) AC. Conveniently located close to the airport with a nice view over the bay.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Momiel
Reviewed 24 October 2013

It was located close to the freeway and the airport. The rooms were spacious and comfy and clean. The staff was extremely helpful and nice. We were not far from clear water which was a straight shot from the hotel. We were close to the high end and regular mall. The pool was ok, but the bar was nice and the margarita's were good. I would stay here again when going to Tampa.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Patryce H
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I returned to The Crowne Plaza after a stressful day of travel and medical appointments. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted and delightfully surprised with an upgrade to a suite! It was the perfect way to begin our stay and was an early indicator of outstanding service to come. The hotel itself is immaculate and the beds are wonderfully comfortable. The soundproofing is amazing because one of the benefits of the hotel is it's very close proximity to the airport. Some rooms overlook Tampa Bay and others look over the lovely very clean pool area. The complimentary breakfast buffet is plentiful, delicious and varied. The crepes were fantastic! The two servers, Al and Martin are delightful men who are both very knowledgeable a bout the attractions and restaurants of Tampa. The hotel is also within walking distance of several excellent and varied restaurants. For those who want, there is a shuttle van for trips to many restaurants and the airport.

Most outstanding is the personal service which goes above and beyond the call of duty. I had an unfortunate experience when I logged onto my email, I was routed to a scam artist and eventually I ended the interaction concerned my identity may have been compromised. Eric, at the front desk took quite a bit of time to walk me through what I had done and through his computer skills was able to reassure me that I had stopped before any permanent damage was done. Eric also gave me some tips to avoid this scenario in the future. Gratitude cannot begin to convey my thanks to him!

My husband and I plan a return trip soon for medical reasons and I can go, knowing that the entire staff has created an environment that truly feels like home.

I recommend this hotel as highly as possible and without any reservations!!

Kathy and Kevin

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We were in Tampa for a military reunion and the welcome mat was rolled out for our parents' elderly military group. Front desk staff, and restaurant service staff were wonderful. Saturday nite banquet went off with zero hitches.

Our room was over the pool with large living room, bath and bedroom. Excellent bed and pillows and TVs in both rooms. They do need to update the aircon which is very loud with old fashioned blower onto the bed in the bedroom.

Minutes from the airport with free shuttle pickup and numerous restaurants within the shuttle's 3 mile range. Drivers are efficient and friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms over the pool are two room suites and the best deal for your money and more convenient to the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel based on its 4 star rating, price, proximity to airport and convenience to my business meeting.

Staff was very accommodating. I received a Cabana Suite... About 50% larger than typical hotel suite rooms.

The rooms were modernized, and even the towels were fluffy and soft - not the typical hotel abrasive scrubs.

Although close to the airport and free-way exchanges, sound was not an issue; not a typical airport hotel atmosphere.

It's finds like this that invite you back.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business