I have stayed in various hotels in Tampa and this property is a very nice hotel. Stayed in the sister IHG propert up the street (The Intercontinental) and this property is both less expensive and has more character. We stayed in a Suite and the room was absolutely perfect. You really couldn't want much more for a business stay room. It was big, nicely appointed and had all the little things that you would want. Coffee Maker, Refrig, microwave and you walk out to the pool. Granted the views are not overlooking anything spectacular but for a business stay it was better than most!!! The property is well positioned, it is close to the airport (about 8-10 mins away) and close to any shopping you might want to do. All in all you could actually get away with not having a car for this property and survive. We had a car and it makes getting around easier but even without one you could make it.
+ Big nice room, well appointed
+ Breakfast a nice touch
+ Free Wifi
+ Free Breakfast (maybe it was the rate I booked)
+ Well positioned for what I needed
+ Nice bathroom products. For hotel shampoos and such it was very nice, especially for the price you pay.
+ Staff was personable and were attentive.
- Probably would not choose this property if I wanted to do leisure travel. Not the hotels fault but I would prefer to be closer to the beach.
- No hangers in the closet (minor point, but all the same put some hangers in the closet)
All in all would both stay here again and would recommend it--nicely done Crowne Plaza Tampa Westhore!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tampa's newest premier hotel. The new Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers a uniqueness all its own that can perhaps be best described as modern and fresh but elegantly posh. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers its guest complimentary shuttle service to and from Tampa Airport. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore is located less than 2 miles from Tampa International Airport (TPA) and in the heart of the thriving Westshore business district. Our hotel is only a short walk from the Westshore Plaza Mall, offering the finest in shopping, dining and entertainment. Additionally, we are just minutes from the University of Tampa, Tampa General and the University of South Florida. While visiting the Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore, you will find that our location is convenient to many attractions such as Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Raymond James Stadium, George M Steinbrenner Field, Tropicana Field, Florida Aquarium, St. Pete Times Forum and the Port of Tampa located at Channelside.Local businesses include Bank of America, Humana, MacDill Air Force Base, Verizon, Wachovia, General Electric, Met Life and Cisco Systems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Odigeo, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Florida