“A Top Hotel in Tampa--Value for Money”

Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore
Ranked #23 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“A Top Hotel in Tampa--Value for Money”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I have stayed in various hotels in Tampa and this property is a very nice hotel. Stayed in the sister IHG propert up the street (The Intercontinental) and this property is both less expensive and has more character. We stayed in a Suite and the room was absolutely perfect. You really couldn't want much more for a business stay room. It was big, nicely appointed and had all the little things that you would want. Coffee Maker, Refrig, microwave and you walk out to the pool. Granted the views are not overlooking anything spectacular but for a business stay it was better than most!!! The property is well positioned, it is close to the airport (about 8-10 mins away) and close to any shopping you might want to do. All in all you could actually get away with not having a car for this property and survive. We had a car and it makes getting around easier but even without one you could make it.

Pros:
+ Big nice room, well appointed
+ Breakfast a nice touch
+ Free Wifi
+ Free Breakfast (maybe it was the rate I booked)
+ Well positioned for what I needed
+ Nice bathroom products. For hotel shampoos and such it was very nice, especially for the price you pay.
+ Staff was personable and were attentive.

Cons:
- Probably would not choose this property if I wanted to do leisure travel. Not the hotels fault but I would prefer to be closer to the beach.
- No hangers in the closet (minor point, but all the same put some hangers in the closet)

All in all would both stay here again and would recommend it--nicely done Crowne Plaza Tampa Westhore!

Room Tip: A suite by the pool
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
CPTW5303, Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us as a top hotel in Tampa! We are touched to hear that so many aspects of the hotel, your suite, the location, the bathroom products and the personable staff, led you to the conclusion that our property has "character". We strive to excel in all areas and we are thankful that you took the time to provide your feedback in each. We look forward to hosting you for future business stays!

tiffany.steele@crowneplazatampa.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Clean rooms, great location, Front desk manager very friendly. Can't remember his name as it's been a couple of months since our stay...but he saw I had 3 small kids and gave them each a goodie bag. Try to book today again as my experience was good however they are book for the week.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the front desk manager was able to enhance the experience for you and your children! We hope to see you soon!

Fulton, New York
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We called from the airport for a shuttle and were picked up within 10-12 minutes. Bruce the driver was very professional and engaging. Jeffrey at the front desk was also friendly, professional and courteous. They let us check in early (before 3:00 PM) which was very much appreciated. The room was spacious and comfortable, the bathroom was of a good size and we were very pleased. On top of that, they gave us free drink tickets to use at the bar - what a way to unwind from a long day of traveling!
When we asked at the front desk for directions to Westshore Plaza, SURPRISINGLY, they offered to drive us there! Bruce drove us and we called when we were done and Bruce picked us up and brought us back. HOW CONVENIENT IS THAT! The next day, Bruce took us to the airport at the prearranged time. Bottom line - this was a very enjoyable stay and we will stay there again when we come back in April 2014. We care more about service than physical appearance (which I found no fault with) so I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

WOW! We are so thankful for this amazing review that you gave our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed so many attributes of the property but more importantly that you found the customer service most memorable! Bruce and Jeffrey will be so grateful for your kind comments. Thank you again for the recommendation and we look forward to your stay in April 2014!

Juneau, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The room was wonderful and comfortable. The bar/restaurant had good selections. The employees were very accommodating. The restaurant brunch was very good and reasonably priced. The meeting room and snacks throughout the day were healthy. Great employees. I left my phone there when we moved to another hotel for the rest of our stay. When I called Jorge looked for and found it. I had no transportation so couldn't get to the hotel. He gallantly offered to drop my phone at my new hotel on his way home from work. When I awakened the next morning, my phone was at the front desk securely wrapped waiting for me. I would gladly stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: My room was on the 7th floor and very comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
CPTW5303, Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Guest,

We are overjoyed to hear that you had such amazing interactions with the staff throughout the hotel! We are even happier that Jorge was able to deliver your item that you left behind. We always want to make sure that we do our best to go above and beyond for our guests and Jorge does an excellent job at that! Thank you again for leaving your feedback and we look forward to your next stay.

New York
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Got a good deal on a hastily made trip. When I learned I had booked into a Crowne Plaza my expectations rose. Then the bubble burst! The front desk couldn't have been more welcoming. However, when I got into my room, I understood that this is an older property in need of a little care. Problem: Not all the lamps in the room worked. A maintenance man came, replaced one lamp. But the others had AC outlets, some in working order, others not. The TV had issues too, which he fixed as well. The shower floor needs work. Pretty sure that what appeared to be mold actually was. I tried several outlets for the coffee maker until I found one that worked. I was booked for two days. On the 2nd day housekeeping did not supply me with additional shampoo or coffee. Both should have been replenished. Enough said! Stay here if it's convenient for you only.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
CPTW5303, Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with comments from your recent stay. We are happy to hear that some of your maintenance issues were resolved but we are deeply concerned to hear that you encountered multiple issues that resulted in you feeling that your stay with us was just okay. We certainly strive to provide excellent service from check in to check out and we do apologize if you felt you experienced anything less than that. We will address your concerns with appropriate management for further review as your feedback is highly valued. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope that you give us another chance in the near future.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Crowne Plaza Westshore again!
This proprty is pefectly located to everything on Tampa and its extremly comfortable. Joe the GM and the entire staff do an excellent job in delivering great service. The rooms are very clean, updated and I slept great.
Thanks and see you next time!

Room Tip: Any room is a good choice
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are so happy that you enjoy staying with us and that you are able to get such a good night's rest when you are here! It is also thrilling to hear that you feel our entire staff does an excellent job at delivering customer service! We look forward to your next stay.

Stamford
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Mistakes do happen but sometimes it is how those that error make good on their mistake that shows their real intent. I got to the hotel and the room they gave me was not serviced. I came back to the lobby and they immediately gave me an upgrade and sent someone to clean the room. The remainder of my stay was superb. The hotel location is excellent as it provides easy access to all the major areas of Tampa.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business