Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore
US$122
HIExpress.com
US$113
Doubletree.com
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
US$178
US$482
US$286
Marriott Hotels
1,003 results
All reviewscabana suitemojito barfront deskclose to the airportbusiness tripwithin milesbreakfast buffetminute drivemile radiushotel shuttleshuttle serviceinternational plazastayed one nightnice poolupon checkgreat customer serviceparking lot
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We booked 2 rooms here for 5 ppl, 3 days for Xmas. Overall this is a good, economic, and centrally located hotel. Older building remodeled fairly recently with modern decor. For the most part it was a very satisfying stay, the staff was fantastic (they upgraded us to 2 Suites next to each other), the rooms were comfortable, the breakfast buffet was pretty good.. Due to the weather being cooler we did not use the pool but it looked very nice and clean (pool is huge!). The fitness center is a converted guest room with some of the equipment in the back 'bedroom'.. I imagine some ladies may not be comfortable going back there alone as it is very obscured from view. The equipment seemed newer and well kept.

There were little details that kept this hotel from getting a better rating; a wash towel with a yellow stain, one of the extra blankets had a stain on it, some spots of mildew in the shower, some of the bread items on the breakfast buffet had been left out too long, one of the rooms had a noisy A/C unit.. It wasn't enough to turn us off, and if we need a room in the Tampa area we would definitely consider this hotel again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
CPTW5303, Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with comments regarding your recent stay with us! We are very thankful that you chose to spend the Christmas holiday with us and so very happy that our staff was able to provide you with excellent customer service. We are deeply concerned about the other issues that you encountered and want to ensure you that we will make note with the staff surrounding those issues. We hope that you come visit us again sooner than later so that we can show you what we really have to offer! Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I enjoyed a two night stay at this hotel. I was travelling with a friend that was playing in a fraternity golf tournament. I arrived at the hotel before my friend checked in. The front desk clerk stored my suitcase for me while I had a snack and drinks in the Mojitos Bar. Fortunately for me, it was happy hour so I was able to enjoy $5 glasses of house wine and appetizers! Our room was a Cabana Suite, which was a great size and very clean upon arrival. We had everything that we needed in the room including two large TVs, fridge, microwave, and wet bar. The shower was huge! My only complaints about the room are that the bathroom faucet was broken upon arrival. To me, that's something that housekeeping should have noticed prior. I called maintenance the next morning and it was promptly fixed. Also, the kleenex and toilet paper were not replenished in the bathroom on our second day. That's a minor oversight by housekeeping, but nonetheless, should not have happened. My friend's fraternity had several events at the hotel. Everything seemed to be very organized and well done. All of the hotel staff that I encountered were very friendly and professional. The hotel is in close proximity to two shopping areas, which I visited both in the same day. I did the hotel shuttle going back to the airport. Please take advantage of the shuttle. I did not on my arrival, and the cab ride was $15 for a 5 minute trip. They have a $15 minimum, no matter how close your hotel is to the airport. Overall, this hotel stay was quite pleasant and I would definitely return next time I have the pleasure of visiting Tampa!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
CPTW5303, Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments regarding your recent stay. We are thrilled that our hotel was able to host you and your friends for such a fun occasion! It seems as if you were able to experience many of the extra's that our hotel and the surrounding area has to offer and we are so glad that you did! We have also taken note of your observations regarding housekeeping and will make sure that we address them with appropriate staff. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to you and your friends next venture!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Upon arrival the check in was smooth and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The room was absolutely great and comfortable. Had lunch at Mojitos which was a great experience. I had no idea that this hotel was there and later found out that it was recently renovated. I must say that I believe it is a hidden gem in Tampa and I look forward to returnng to be able to take advantage of the property.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We are so very humbled that you consider the Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore a hidden gem of Tampa Bay. We thank you so much for all of your kind comments but in the end we are just so very happy that we were able to provide you with a great stay! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed over the Thanksgiving weekend while visiting family in Tampa. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a suite facing the pool. Excellent front desk staff, excellent breakfast daily (AL was always there to get us anything we needed every morning) Free shuttle service to anywhere within 3 miles is great. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
CPTW5303, Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Lonnie,

We are very honored that we were able to provide you with a wonderful stay during the Thanksgiving holiday! Al and the front desk staff will be so happy to know that they helped make your getaway very enjoyable! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we will see you soon!

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We were welcomed as priority rewards members and upgraded to a suite, nice touch and thanks! The room was very comfortable and we loved the comfy bed. Nice bathroom with an excellent shower. The only negative comments I have are really minor. The pay per view movies were unavailable. The bathroom only had a few sheets of toilet paper and none spare. The coffee maker only had one creamer sachet so we shared. Seems to me just a slight lack of attention from housekeeping. The room was however perfectly clean.

The bar served decent food but it's certainly nothing fancy. It was fine for us.

Front desk were great and very helpful. The airport shuttle was great too.
If we need an airport hotel at Tampa again I won't hesitate to
Book here.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
CPTW5303, Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for being an IHG Rewards member and choosing to stay at our hotel. We are very pleased that the front desk was able to recognize your status with an upgrade and that they were very helpful throughout your entire stay! We have noted your comments regarding little details and we will make sure to relay them to housekeeping management. We hope that your travel plans bring you to Tampa again soon!