We stayed here overnight, before driving south in Florida, and sadly found it to be the worst Crowne Plaza we've ever stayed in, and we've stayed in a few around the world!
Our first impressions weren't good when the courtesy bus didn't arrive at the airport, despite us being told it "was on its way and will be there in a few minutes"! We waited for nearly 45 minutes and as no-one answered our calls to the hotel, we took a taxi. Not good enough and 15 USD poorer!
Check-in was fine and when I complained about no courtesy coach I was told "well they often fill up at the other terminals and head back", but as an IHG member I was offered a "queen size room and a couple of complimentary drinks" in their restaurant, Mojitos.
We decided to eat there, as it was getting late and we had no reservations to eat elsewhere and had an early start to pick up our car. What a mistake!
Mojitos probably has to be the most average "diner" one could imagine! Not the sort of restaurant one expects from a Crowne Plaza!
Below average, lukewarm, food and mediocre service! Not good enough!
To be fair our room was large, spotless, and the bed very comfortable but the bathroom was on the small side and the noise when you flushed the toilet was like the Ride of the Valkyries!!
Breakfast the next morning was a below average, again lukewarm, buffet with disinterested service! Not good enough!
To cap it all off, on check-out, we were then charged for our room again, despite already having paid for it through our travel agent! Not good enough!
All in all, a not good enough Crowne Plaza that's letting the brand and IHG down!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tampa's newest premier hotel. The new Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers a uniqueness all its own that can perhaps be best described as modern and fresh but elegantly posh. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers its guest complimentary shuttle service to and from Tampa Airport. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore is located less than 2 miles from Tampa International Airport (TPA) and in the heart of the thriving Westshore business district. Our hotel is only a short walk from the Westshore Plaza Mall, offering the finest in shopping, dining and entertainment. Additionally, we are just minutes from the University of Tampa, Tampa General and the University of South Florida. While visiting the Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore, you will find that our location is convenient to many attractions such as Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Raymond James Stadium, George M Steinbrenner Field, Tropicana Field, Florida Aquarium, St. Pete Times Forum and the Port of Tampa located at Channelside.Local businesses include Bank of America, Humana, MacDill Air Force Base, Verizon, Wachovia, General Electric, Met Life and Cisco Systems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, IHG and Odigeo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Florida