“Great, clean and beautiful Hotel.”

Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore
Ranked #11 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa, Florida, Usa
“Great, clean and beautiful Hotel.”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Loved my stay here. The staff were all very nice and accommodating. The rooms are nice and spacious. The free shuttle will transport you from and to the airport and will also take you to a nearby mall. Have stayed before my flights out the next day. Thanks Homewood Suites for making my stay feel like home.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Theresa A
GMHWSTAMPA, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we met all of your expectations! Please come back and see us soon. Thanks for all the feedback and take care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
New York
Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

Really, really close to TPA -- booked a two bedroom suite -- bedrooms were nice sized with private bathrooms -- common areas were tight but sufficient for two adult friends -- rooms were very clean -- common area furnishings are sparse -- couch not very comfortable -- service (front desk, cleaning, etc.) was great, friendly -- I wish there were separate temperature controls for each bedroom.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Breuklyn-Boy
GMHWSTAMPA, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Thank you for your time providing valuable feedback on our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I guess I should have expected to not have much to do/walk to, staying at an airport hotel. Not even a gas station you can walk to to buy some pop and a snack. There is a small store in the lobby that has a good selection but very pricey ($5 for a Bud Light). The free coffee machines in the lobby were empty whenever I tried to get a cup. The one area eatery is the restaurant in the Hiltion across the street.

I was given a handicap accessible suite for some reason. It was HUGE. But the shower situation didn't seem doable for someone with a physical disability, unless they had a helper. The room was clean but a little threadbare-- dried stains on upholstery, etc.

Okay place to stay if you have a car or are only staying one night.

Front staff and shuttle drivers were very friendly. Note: The Shuttle is not labelled "Homewood Suites" so don't go looking for that when you arrive at the airport. Call the hotel for the name of the shuttle service they use.

Room Tip: As usual, avoid rooms by elevators.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your time providing feedback on our hotel. I understand your position and we are hoping to have several dining options other then the Hilton Garden Inn within our complex developed in the next 6 months. In the meantime, we continue to provide transportation to local malls and dining throughout the day and evening. Thank you again for your time!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I booked this hotel at Hiltonfamily.com. They were the least expensive for what turned out to be a very busy weekend. The hotel was completely booked when we arrived. That's where the problems began. Neither the guest checking in before me nor myself were able to get the room we booked. I had booked a full suite with a king bed, non-smoking. What we ended up with was a minisuite with a king bed, smoking. Neither of us has ever smoked. Hollie, the desk clerk could not move us to another hotel, as they were full as well. She did let me go check the room first to see if the smoke odor was too strong. It was slight. As it was 8:45pm, we took the room. The room was fine, except the slight smoke smell. We slept fine. The bed was comfortable and the room has all the expected items. The oversized shower was wonderful. The complimentary breakfast was very good. The hot food was the right temperature and was plentiful. The reason I gave this hotel an average rating, instead of a poor, is the response I got from the general manager. She did everything she could to make things right. I will be getting bonus points, a discounted rate for this night and a discounted rate for next year. She was kind, caring, and concerned. Because of this, I will book this hotel next year and will review it again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bil D
GMHWSTAMPA, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Thank you for your time providing valuable feedback on our hotel. I apologize you did not get the suite you originally reserved. I am glad to see that the Manager on Duty did her best to provide exceptional service. We did experience some unexpected situations that unfortunately caused an inconvenience to you over the weekend. I'm glad you will give us another chance and look forward to your next visit. Thank you for your time. Mike Nealon
Bellmore, New York
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights before a cruise and one night (unexpectly) after our cruise from the Port of Tampa. Suites are great with kids! Clean and well stocked. The staff were amazing (with one exception). The managers and workers were constantly asking how everything was, and asking for ideas on how to improve. The breakfast was wonderful, the pool beautiful, and we even used the basketball courts! The internet was easy to get and it was free. My BIL said it best: "this is the what you want hotel!" Free shuttle to the airport which is only 5 minutes away. When our ship was delayed, and we missed our filght home, my sister's family and my family went back- gladly. Highly reccomend!

Room Tip: All rooms are good (saw 5 of them!) Amazingly you do not hear the planes from the airport!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your time providing feedback on our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit. Summer is an amazing time to visit Tampa or take a cruise out of the port. Have a great day!
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 25 February 2013

A missed flight due to fog in Tampa port left us and 10K+ other cruise guests scrambling for alternate travel arrangements. Travelers have a ton of selections in the area and this was 1 of 3 in a cul-de-sac that offered a shuttle to the airport. Tampa is a huge convention town and even with the last minute snaffu - there were a lot of choices. Now - i didn't want to spend $270 + tax for the night at this non resort hotel - so I used 30Kpts.
Arrived approximately 5pm and check in representative was very pleasant and efficient - took less than 2 minutes - didn't even need credit card - just the one on file.
Room on 7th floor was large with a King bed, kitchenette, dressing area, shower only - no bath. It is quiet and restful - except I am not a fan of wall/window AC units due to noise. The only plus was it was controlled by a wall thermostat - so turn it up or down when you leave the room so its not running while you sleep.
Walked over to the Hilton Garden Inn which had a small restaurant. Decided to take the free hourly shuttle to the International mall - dined at Brio. On our return, We advised the night desk clerk that the "restaurant list" had long ago been outdated - hopefully if you are reading this and ask for restaurant recommendations the homewood suites updated the list.
If I was staying near the airport again - i would check out the Hilton Garden Inn rates along with the Renaissance at International mall. If I had paid the $270/nt rate for this property - I would not be happy but for $140 or $150 - it would be acceptable. Monday to Thursday - they include dinner so that would make it more attractive too.

Room Tip: Don't count on A-1 express the service that is contracted by the hotel to arrive at the designat...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
GMHWSTAMPA, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Thank your for taking your valuable time to provide in depth feedback on our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your next stay. Dont forget to check us out on line for some great summer deals. Have a great day!
NAPLES,FL
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We stayed at this property for two nights on President's day weekend. I have to say I'm extremely satisfied with this hotel, the location is pretty much unbeatable if you are flying out of TPA, and even if you are not, the location still awesome, with easy access to highway 275, and only a couple of minutes to two shopping malls and all kind of restaurants, Yankee stadium, and Raymond James Stadium. Also SR 60 is right there should you need to go to Clearwater area.

The reception was very welcoming, the room was clean and spacious; the bedroom with a comfortable king size bed was separate from the seating area which I personally would prefer with a little less furniture (it had a sofa bed, a sofa chair, a table, a workdesk and a desk chair, and a chest drawer with the TV on it, all pretty much together) I thought it took away some of the space provided. I could have done with out some of the furniture but I also understand why they will have them. The small kitchenette had a nice full size refrigerator with an ice maker, two burner range, and a dishwasher.
All of these amenities are welcome specially if you are travelling with kids; I specially enjoy the fact that the hotel provided us with two things higher price hotels charge you so much for it now a days; WiFi and parking, I really liked that. The breakfast, although limited ,had adequate choices for everyone and the ladies that work there besides being nice were pretty much on top of things. Overall very satisfied with our stay and most likely the hotel of choice for us when in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JUMACALSI
Thank you for taking the time to provide feeback on our hotel. We are pleased that you found the location to be excellent. We're also the closest Hilton to Tampa International Airpoprt. Please come back and see us soon!