“better than expected”

Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore
Ranked #14 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 29 July 2014

booked a 2 bedroom suite with 3 friends, very roomy and comfortable with a great price! will always look for a home wood suite as i travel to other cities.... tampa hotel was well located close to everything and the staff very friendly

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Benjamin M
Patsy P, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Benjamin M,

Thank you Ben for letting us know that you enjoyed the staff and that we are friendly too. We wait for your return!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel provides rooms where each member of a family can have a bed of their own. The hotel is family oriented and caters to their needs by providing free meals in the mornings and some evenings. The hotel is ideally situated to the Airport and amusement areas in Tampa as well as local shopping areas.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Patsy P, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Dennis J D,

We are a home away from home. Homewood Suites hotels are made for families to feel like they have all the comforts of home! Thank you for being our guest and we wait for your return HOME, Homewood Suites Tampa Westshore.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I feel so grateful and blessed to have founded and stayed at Homewood Suites. The whole experience couldn't of been more positive. It started from the online booking with Stephen who went above and beyond what I had ever experience to make sure all my questions where satisfied. I wish I could remember the front desk staffs names. All the staff were profession of course but most importantly they were compassionate and friendly and helpful in ever aspect. Even the housekeeper remembered my daughter name. So you see we weren't just guest, they treated us with respect and decency. The young lady in the dining area is such a sweetheart. I talked to her every day and she was genuinely interested in helping with a caring attitude. The men that drove the shuttle also were kind and helpful beyond what anyone could of expected. The only thing I wish could of been better would have been the pull out sofa bed. It was worn out and you could feel the mattress coils so it was not comfortable. I will and already have recommended Home wood Suites and from this point on when I travel I will be looking for and staying at Homewood Suites. Once again thank you for going above and beyond to provide great consumer service. PS You could make it more affordable lol.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Patsy P, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Jennie G,

WOW, Superior Stay, we love it! Thank you so much for your great feed back. We really do appreciate this Jennie! Hope to see you and your family soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We chose this hotel because they are pet-friendly. We usually stay in Starwood brand hotels (Westin, Sheraton), so we have pretty high expectations of what a hotel should be. The hotel appears to be a newer property. The hotel was basically clean, but not exceptionally so. The glass-topped tables in the public areas were covered in sticky fingerprints and water rings from previous drinks being placed on them. Trash in the hallways that was there in the evening was still lying there in the morning. The pool did not have a reliable stock of towels for us to use, so we had to bring some from our room. When we called the front desk for more towels, the phone just rang and was never answered. Some of the front desk staff was friendly and helpful, but others acted as though we were bothering them. As with any hotel, there were many loud people running up and down the halls at all hours of the night, and of course this is not the fault of the hotel at all. The beds were reasonably comfortable, but the pillows were way too soft and flattened out. The breakfast was just OK, nothing great. Dry pastries, make your own waffles, frozen & reheated sausage. Finally, I felt as though the non-refundable $100 pet fee was excessive. Our pet is crate-trained and very clean and you could not even tell she had been in the room after we left. I feel that the fee should at least be refundable after departure if the dog has not been destructive or messy. I would only return to this hotel in the future if I needed to bring my pet, otherwise I will continue to stay exclusively at Starwood properties.

1  Thank Lindsay S
Patsy P, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Lindsay S,
We appreciate you provide us with the issues you had and apologizes again for not meeting all your needs. We are pet friendly and we do have a fee to professional clean the rooms after a person checks out.

Thank you!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Bad from start to finish. Checking in they couldn't find my reservation. When I provided the number they at first said I had checked in. Then they said the room I had reserved wasn't ready. (Given to someone else?) I took what was available and it was a horrible room. The furniture was old, the air conditioner was loud, turning on the ceiling fan made so much noise you couldn't sleep through it. The shower kept most of the water flowing to the tub. One of the elevators didn't work and the one left was bottlenecked. The breakfast was the worst I have had at a Homewood.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Patsy P, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Lucky V,

I do apologize for the issues you experience and I will ensure for our next guest we address your concerns. I would appreciate if you gave us another go. Reach out to me if you are traveling back in the area.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I recently stayed at this location and would recommend it to everyone looking for a great location, family friendly and awesome staff. Hotel is clean, pool is awesome, rooms very clean and spacious and to top it off a wonderful breakfast daily and dinner Mon-Thurs was an added bonus.

2  Thank Presches K

Dear Presches K,

Thank you for the kind words about my engaged staff. We are so happy to make you happy. Come back soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Great prize and wonderful rooms. Close to mall restaurants and Airport. also very close to the beach. Have always enjoyed the size of the room and having a kitchen. Also close to rent cars and very close to my family which is always the reason for our visits.

3  Thank Martha D

Dear Martha D,

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is awesome, thank you again for being our guest.