“Learning made fun!”

and up
MOSI Admission in Tampa
Ranked #30 of 197 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore a World of Possibilities at Tampa’s Museum of Science & Industry with more than 450 hands-on activities, plus Florida’s only IMAX® DOME Theatre, five-stories-tall and offering a higher resolution than any other theater in Tampa; It is more than a movie, it is an experience. Brave extreme weather conditions inside Disasterville, featuring Bay News 9 WeatherQuest, and explore the stages of life in The Amazing You exhibition. Gaze into the starry night sky in MOSI’s Saunders Planetarium, and don’t miss exploring the outdoors in the BioWorks Butterfly Garden and MOSI Backwoods. Kids get to run the show at MOSI’s Kids In Charge!, the largest children’s science center in nation, while kids of all ages get a rush from MOSI’s Sky Trail® Ropes Course and Zip Line.
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Learning made fun!”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My child and I had a blast exploring MOSI, Kids in Charge, and the outdoor butterfly gardens on our recent visit. Next time, we'll have to try the Ropes Course and the ZIP Line!

The upcoming exhibit, Mythbusters, looks fun, too. They also have Santa's Workshop set up where kids can craft holiday items for a small additional fee.

Visited November 2013

126 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 285 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We live nearby in Lakeland but never visited MOSI until recently. Now I know what we have been missing. The IMAX theater is impressive. Watched a fantastic show on exploration of galaxies both a visual and thought provoking treat. Capped off the visit with a planetarium show that outlined the area night sky. Interesting. In between we spent a couple hours in a great interactive exhibit of the human body and health issues. The focus seemed geared to teens but we found it interesting and thought our grand kids would enjoy it.
There is plenty at MOSI for the entire family regardless of age. The kid zone was a beehive of activity with stuff for all age groups. Outside the rope ladders and zip line was attracting folks from teens to seniors.
Plan on spending a full day. Parking costs $5 which you don't pay until you leave. I don't like that policy because I saw no sign when I took the entry ticket indicating a parking fee. A bit tacky considering the price of admission. $21.95 and$2 off for seniors but this is central FL and tourists are accustomed to price gouging so they get away with it. I just object to the failure to clearly post the price up front at the point the driver takes the parking ticket. Fix that issue and the place rates a 5 from me.
If you found this review helpful please click below.

3 Thank Frenchguy48
Columbia, Tennessee
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Very Educational”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Great IMAX movie theater. I havea tendency to get motion sickness. But learned that of I go up towards the top of the theater that it doesn't affect me in a negative way. Lots of educational displays in the museum. Some are dated. Been here many times with young kids over the years. They/we always enjoy it.

1 Thank Pamela B
Fort Myers, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“MOSI”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Fantastic place to go !! My grandchildren love it. Lots to do !! Great programs to attend. They have a Hurricane Wind Simulator, Butterfly Conservator, Disasterville, High Wire Bicycle, Playground and Kids in Charge area (which kids can spend all day in). Everyone needs to go to MOSI soon. They also have great Scouting programs too. Staff is awesome. :)

Visited November 2013
1 Thank DebbieSandlin
Bakersfield, California, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Amazing! Fun and educational for kids and adults”
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were going to go to Busch Gardens but decided to save some money and go to MOSI. It's just down the street from USF. There were many activities and things to do. Hands on activities. One was like a game show and you had to choose the right answers. There was also an IMAX theatre with 3 different shows. We saw one about our galaxy's and stars. I enjoyed this as I am fascinated with it but I also Learned many things during it as well. We had no children with us but I enjoyed this as an adult and I'm sure kids would live this place. I could spend hours in there inside and out.