“Tapas Tampa Style”

Fly Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fly Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 2,435 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We ate here on May 13, outside, on the front sidewalk where they have a good number of tables. The tapas choices from the lounge menu were 1/2 price (Lounge menu served Sunday-Thursday from 4-5:30pm and 10pm-close and Friday-Saturday from 4-5:30pm and 11pm-close) as were the draft beer. The tuna and lamb choices were excluded. Gina was our most excellent server, helping us to enjoy our first visit to Fly. She made recommendations which were delish! We chose 3 tapas this evening- Panko crusted goat cheese (3 pieces) with marinara sauce, buttermilk shrimp pancakes (3 pieces) and Nachos with the ropa vieja (beef) and guacamole. Those Nachos were enough to feed six people!!! We also tried the Guava Coffee Cake which came with vanilla ice cream. I had the sangria and my partner had two different drafts. We came away stuffed and had to walk it off with a stroll around Tampa's downtown.

The restaurant was easy to get to but the parking was a little dicey. So, come early (5 PM) and stay late! Music is offered Fri, Sat and Sunday.

Check out their website: http://flybarandrestaurant.com/tampa/

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This is a neat place and very convenient if you are going to the Straz. We sat in the bar area and they had great specials on the bar menu. The nachos with pork added were fantastic. We would make a special trip just for those. The drinks were also on special and the cosmo was pretty good. The service was a bit slow at first. It took awhile for anyone to wait on us (and it was NOT busy) but once a waitress came over she was good after that. We will go here again for sure.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I sat with 4 other girlfriends and we each tried something different to share with one another. For appetizers, we chose something easy to pick through, the Hummus and Tapenade. It was rich and creamy. The warm pita bread slices were thick and easy to scoop with. Also ordered something like fried mozarella balls. Maybe it was another cheese but holy-moly, was that the tastiest thing ever.

Our server helped us choose a cocktail or beer to our liking and was very attentive to us as we enjoyed our "Omg" moments after each bite.

I ordered a grilled pork chop. Cooked to perfection. Juicy, flavorful and the curry and mango dressing complemented it well. I tried the scallops from another dish- they were plump, fresh and well seasoned! I'm a fan of short ribs so I tried that too- the smokey taste the dish had, with meat that fell off the bone was comfort food for the soul. We all dipped into the spicy tuna tartare too. The chips were a great idea to work into the meat and mix with the guacamole. Not the most filling entree for my friend, but the little kick it brought was worth sharing with the table.

Atmosphere was enjoyable to look around, observe artwork, people watch and listen to a live dj when the night progressed. He played appropriate lounge tunes and nothing too powerful to overwhelm our conversation at the table.

Had a great time :) Would love to go back and check out the rooftop bar!

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to stop by and have a drink and a small plate or two . I love the tuna tartare and the macaroni and cheese! They always have a live band on Saturdays and the service is good. I love the rooftop bar !!! Tampa is a small city so to have a rooftop bar is really great!

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Seriously, the wine list, the mixology list, the appetizers, entrees, and desserts are all incredible. This is one of my favorite places to eat in Florida.

I would describe a perfect night as follows: happy hour at Fly, walk to the Performing Arts Center for a show, and then dinner and wine at Fly afterwards. The modern art, friendly atmosphere, and incredible flavors exuded from the food all add to the wonderful experience that is Fly

1  Thank AdamChong10

Been to Fly Bar & Restaurant? Share your experiences!