“Good breakfast spot” 4 of 5 bubbles

Datz Tampa
Ranked #13 of 2,356 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$12 - US$36
Cuisines: American, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Barcelona
Description: We are omnivores — carnivorous, chocolate-loving, bacon-hoarding, wineauxs, beer geeks, curd nerds and yes, even vegetarians. Together we are shamelessly unapologetic flavor crusaders and Datz is our playground. An american gastropub + market dishing up regional comfort food favorites generously paired with craft beer, boutique wine and artisanal cheese. Served with ample sides of culinary education and entertainment in a spirited, ever-evolving environment. After all, we believe ordinary belongs in the dictionary, not in a restaurant. Especially ours.
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Good breakfast spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We always enjoy going to Datz. The food and service is always on point. They have an eclectic menu that is printed out newspaper style. The actual restaurant is two stories with a couple of bar areas to choose from. It can get very busy so be prepared for a wait during high traffic times. Also order carefully the portion sizes are huge!

• Visited July 2014

Parkland, Florida, USA
“Funky and electic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Wide variety of menu items that are prepared differently from other restaurants. We had outstanding shrimp and grits with spinach, fish tacos had some zip to them and nice variety of beverages.

Visited July 2014
“We closed the place down. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We ate a datz for a family graduation party. There were 28 in our party. At first with only one server I thought we were in trouble. However, she did a superb job and others pitched in to assist her later in the evening. Food was as expected, some interesting combos. Don't know if I would return on my own, the younger in our crew loved it. Graduate dessert with sparkler was a nice touch.

Tampa
“Dumb Cluck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Let me preface this by saying I am a very picky eater. There are so many things I don't like it's exciting when I find something on the menu that I do like. So first thing I notice (after loving the ambiance here) is the menu. Lots to choose from, and many things sound good. I ordered the Dumb Cluck with homemade chips. You know how you have a meal and really enjoy it, then day dream about going back to order it again, soon? It was that kind of meal. Service was attentive and friendly. I am looking forward to going back.

• Visited July 2014
Florida
“Best Brunch in Tampa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I came here last weekend with some friends for brunch after hearing great things from some of my coworkers. They don't offer reservations but they do call ahead seating, which shortened our wait a little bit. Loved the atmosphere in this place! Felt very indie/hip, almost like we were in NYC, Chicago or SF. The monkey bread was also amazing!

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Datz Tampa? Share your experiences!