“Beware of the Cotton Mouth Snakes”
Review of Morris Bridge Park

Morris Bridge Park
Ranked #62 of 198 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: For people just discovering the joys of off-road biking, this park offers marked and unmarked trails for the beginner.
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We took our puppy for a walk on the trails, they were nice, lots of people when we got up to the old railroad trail, baby cotton mouth snakes went for my leg, I was not in his space, my puppy took the hit. My husband took a picture of it and pushed it off the path in fear of the toddlers behind us with there parents. There was no signal on our phone, we had to walk about 2 miles to get to the parking lot and race to the blue pearl emergency pet hospital on Bush Blvd, where they took our puppy and started treatement. This park needs to have signs Beware of the baby cotton mouth moccasins. There also needs to be an emergency number or box. We were thankful that our grandson wasn't with us this time. We called the county and they said Sorry, hope your dog gets better... Please be aware this time of the year of snakes....we are campers for over 50 years....we know what to do. We normally stay and visit state parks, where there is a ranger or someone available for emergencies. BE CAREFUL this happen on March 31, 2013..

12  Thank Pat C

Reviewed 20 November 2012

I have been there several times and enjoy walking on trails or walkabouts. Always hoping to see birds or squirrels. Also enjoy the river walk hoping to see alligators and fish.

1  Thank Nancy L
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Out for a day trip, and saw this on trip advisor so we went and strolled around for 30 minutes. Lots of turtles. Elevated planked walking paths that take you around the park.

2  Thank BuddysArmy
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Very nice park with a lot of trails. We saw quite a few large alligators! Great photo ops. Good time for a small donation per car.

1  Thank Edith D
Reviewed 26 September 2012

My mom and I stopped by here kind of by mistake on a drive we went on out of Temple Terrace, where we were staying! We loved it and ended up having a great time. It was super quiet and peaceful because there was nobody else there. Great little park!

3  Thank chelby1