“Nice Comfort Suites, but you will know that with the prices...”

Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino
Ranked #3 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice Comfort Suites, but you will know that with the prices...”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have stayed at this property on 2 previous occasions. Prices seem to have a big fluctuation. Needed to stay 3 nights, but my company was having a fit with paying a total of $ 310.48 for 2 nights." 1st night $ 140.12, 2nd night $ 170.36 " 3rd night would of cost $ 180.00 plus tax... Room was pretty clean. Could have been better. Very bad set-up with refrigerator. Cabinet door opens one way and refrigerator door opens the other. With how the bed is, you put your self in a tight corner. Keep your refrigerator visits to a minimum. Lol The bathroom has a few problems. Pretty small. Can't be sitting and close the door. " You know what I mean " Sink is sent to far back from counters edge. I do have a bad back. Maybe this is a consideration, but I travel A LOT and have never had this problem before. Internet is great... Had no problems downloading prints. Desk set-up very nice. Wish they had a TV guide channel.

Room Tip: I was in room 303
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank James G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Springfield, IL
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Nice Comfort Suites. Design somewhat different than others. Friendly front desk. Everything very clean. Room size seems slightly smaller than others though it could be our imagination. Breakfast area larger than others. Breakfast choices perhaps could use less sugar and more healthy choices. Only complaint was that it seemed pretty easy for non- guests to roam inside the hotel. During our stay we received pizza menus under the door twice by "2 different guys from the pizza place." Maybe this is permitted but we do think it gives pause to being a safety issue.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlanandHarriet
ComfortSuitesTampa, Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Alana and Harriet,

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to offer my sincerest apology for the menus being left underneath your door on 2 separate occasions. I assure you that "pizza place" is not a recommended establishment from our hotel. Any of the recommended restaurants leave their menus/contact details with the front desk. After reading your review, I wanted address your concerns regarding the safety at our hotel. We are a secured access hotel. In the evenings, only registered guests may enter our hotel using their room key. Our guest's safety is of the highest priority and an essential part to the overall guest experience.
I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast and value your recommendation to have less sugar and more healthy selections. Your feedback, as well as all of our guests, are always welcomed to ensure a great and memorable guest experience.

Lawrence
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Reviewed 8 February 2014

The staff at the hotel was very friendly and customer-service oriented. We liked the fact that there was a shuttle to the casino that was so convenient to use. The breakfast buffet had a nice variety of food. We enjoyed the blueberry waffles. Also we wanted to give a shout-out to Lewie!!

Room Tip: First floor rooms were great.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
ComfortSuitesTampa, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear Ladydi36542,

Thank you for your stay here with us, and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We take pride in our staff, and their customer service. Thank you again for the compliments. We do hope to see you again in the near future.

Angela White
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My Company booked this hotel thru our online service Concour. The rate booked was $107.10 per nite. When I arrived to check in, we confirmed I was staying 2 nites. Then she verified the rate at $107.10 plus taxes, I asked if she had my reward number on file, and she did. As she was finishing up on the computer, she asked for my AAA number, I said I did not have it with me but it should be on profile with my rewards account, she said it was'nt, so I said I could find it and give it to her later, before we checked out, she said her system would not allow her to go on with the number, so she could not honor the rate and I would have to pay $141.55 per nite plus taxes, I said really, as you can see I have stayed her before many times, and had no issues. I said if I get my AAA number before check out can I get the approved rate from my company, she said wasnt sure if the system would allow that, so I said fine, I need the room, and I initialed the rate at $141.55 per nite. I am Diamond with Hilton and Platinum Elite with IHG, I have never been told by those properties my system wont allow it.....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SonnyMC
ComfortSuitesTampa, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear SonnyMC,

Thank your review. I apologize for your experience during check-in. Unfortunately, the AAA card number is required to be entered into our system in order to receive the discount. A reservation can't be checked in without the AAA card details. I will work with the front desk to provide a smoother check in process. We appreciate your business. When you're in Tampa again, I hope you give us another chance to meet your expectations.

Comfort Suites Tampa Fairgrounds-Casino
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 4 February 2014

First, I need to emphasize this property is probably a 3-star hotel, so anyone interested in a 4 or 5 star hotel should keep looking. That said, this is Tampa, not NYC, and we were visiting family, so I wasn't looking for a Four Seasons or a Ritz Carlton, I was concentrating on location, cleanliness, and value--- and This hotel delivered. Rooms (we booked a 2 queen bed suite) were spacious and reasonably clean. Great bedding-no nasty satin bedspreads here-just white, percale linens. The mattresses weren't uncomfortable, but the pillows were fake down (foam) and very soft. So, if you need a firm pillow, I'd pack one.
Our room had a mini fridge, single serve coffee maker (made pretty awful coffee) and a small microwave - super for leftovers. The daily breakfast was an expanded continental-so, bagels, bread, muffins, oatmeal, cereal, plus egg patties, sausage or bacon, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit-bananas, apples, and oranges, as well as juices, coffee and tea. They did a great job of keeping the buffet stocked for the 3 hours the breakfast was offered each morning. The coffee was pretty awful, but hey, as I qualified above, it's a 3-star, so I try to adjust my expectations accordingly.
There's a baby gym - not satisfactory if you're hardcore, but there were a few hand weights, an exercise ball, a combo pulley machine, and one each treadmill, elliptical and bike. I used the equipment. It was clean, decent quality and certainly sufficient for a 4-day stay.

For gambling enthusiasts, the Hard Rock Casino is close enough to see - wouldn't walk because the roads are throughways, but the hotel has a shuttle. Took us less than 5 minutes to drive with our rental car.

The location was convenient-In about 10 minutes, we could be in Ybor, Brandon, at Tampa Int'l airport, and a variety of other areas. It's about as central of a location as you're going to find in a city like Tampa that's all spread out.

All in all, for what we paid, it's a great little hotel. I'd recommend it, and I'd book a stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank MommaPolenta
Dear MommaPolenta,

It was great to get your feedback on our hotel. It's always great to hear from our guests and learn how we can improve. Our hotel is very centralized and has easy access to all the major highways. Being so close to the Seminole Hard Rock Casino and the Florida State Fairgrounds, gives us an added benefit. Our rooms are clean, contemporary, and comfortable. I'm happy to hear you found our bedding satisfactory. We appreciate your business and hope to stay with us again when you are in Tampa.

Comfort Suites Tampa Fairgrounds-Casino
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I normally stay somewhere else in Tampa but decided to try this hotel and loved it. The staff were not only friendly but were so proud of their hotel, it was lovely to hear employees that happy about their job. The rooms were spotless, even in the corners, behind cabinets and around the undermounted sinks. I will definitely make it my new Tampa destination.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank CalgaryGirl26
ComfortSuitesTampa, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear CalgaryGirl26,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is true that each and every staff member is proud of our hotel. Everyone takes pride in their work with careful detail, which makes the guest experience that much more enjoyable. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again very soon.

Nashville
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We chose this hotel for one night based on reviews of hotels in the area of the casino.....the reviews accurately reflected the quality of this hotel for the price. The manager who checked us in was very friendly and helpful....the room was much larger than expected....couldn't hear other guests....and the decor was very upbeat and inviting! Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jungletraveler
Dear Jungletraveler,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you found that the reviews accurately depicted how our quality coincides with our price. We train our staff to be helpful and attentive to all guest's needs. Our contemporary design and upbeat décor are just some of the great features of our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope you come back soon.

Warm Regards,