“Solid Springhill Suites”

Ranked #28 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Solid Springhill Suites”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

If you have stayed at a Springhill Suites in the past, you know what to expect here. This location is not an exception to the contemporary Sprinhill line. This particular Sprinhill Suites is obviously a remodel of another hotel. It has certainly been refreshed and has the feel of chain, however, everything was forced into the existing space with some interesting sacrifices. The TV swivels to cover the office/lounge and the bedroom. No problem for me and I did not find the tighter quarters too much of a problem. There was a great refrigerator in the room which was empty for the guests. I really like that. The one thing my room was missing was an in room safe. The front desk was excellent as usual for this type of hotel. This is turning into my "go to" travel chain.

There are several restaurants in the area though you may want to drive. While they are close, the streets are dark and the traffic is Tampa traffic.

My one complaint is that the internet was wired. It was free based on my status, however, this day in age I feel tethered when plugged in. The cord was long enough for me to get off of the desk, but I certainly could not navigate the room. Also I could not synch my phone through the internet.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
shstampa, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! I did want to let you know we are in fact and brand new hotel, not a remodeled older hotel. We opened for the first time in March, 2010. We are the new line of Springhill Suites, and you are going to see a lot more new hotels popping up that will look very similar to ours, as we were one of the 1st. I also wanted to let you know we also offer wireless internet access in both our guest rooms and all public areas of the hotel. During your next visit we would be happy to show you how to get online on our wireless internet, or there are also instructions on the desk in your guest room.
Thank you again for your review, we are all thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you get the opportunity to stay with us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Florida
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I stayed at this Springhill Suites August 19-21, 2011. The clean and fresh suite was beautiful, eclectic, and large, with soft, soothing colors and window treatments. The contemporary and plentiful lighting and design gives the room a day spa ambiance. I love the design of the bathrooms. The beds in the two queen bedroom were very comfortable. The sectional sofa in the living room was firm, relaxing and attractive with lots of whimsical accent pillows. The Belgian waffles in the morning were fluffy and delicious. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that likes, style, comfort, cleanliness, and free breakfast.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
St. Charles
Reviewed 24 July 2011

My family and I just returned from a trip to Tampa. The hotel is about 15-20 miles from the city of Tampa. We stayed at Springhill Suites and it was great. I'm one of those people who is super picky about hotels. I absolutely love luxury hotels, but sometimes there is a need for a very nice hotel instead. Springhill was a very nice hotel...it's new, modern and very clean. The beds were comfortable and the sitting area made it feel very spacious. The bathroom and toilet area are separate...this was a nice touch. The staff was very friendly. The continental breakfast was good (basic - waffles, cereal, bagels, juice, etc.). There are numerous shops and restaurants close by. We will definitely stay here in the future.

Calgary, AB
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Stayed with the family on a quick overnight, but enjoyed our time at this hotel. New location, so very modern and clean. Nice location, a little off the beaten track. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
shstampa, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, 21 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiance at our hotel! We enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2011

We stayed for a family trip. The hotel is pretty new and good decorated. But, if you are looking for a hotel with a good hot breakfast, this is not the place. It was the same breakfast every day, scramble eggs, sausages, bagels and a couple of muffins . At 7 am they where out of sausages and that was it, because when I asked for more the respond was the famous " I apologize for the inconvinience, but that's all that we have". At 7 in the morning!! If you are looking for a hotel that includes a good hot breakfast, this is not the place.

2 Thank lucas2060
shstampa, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, 14 July 2011
I am extremely sorry you had an issue with our breakfast during your stay. We recently changed to a brand new food vendor and are working to adjusting to a new delivery schedule and new order sizes, and I am so sorry this affected you. We have adjusted our orders to ensure nothing like this ever happens again. I also wanted to let you know Springhill Suites is in the processes up upgrading our breakfast over the coming months and will have a wider variety of food options! We would love for you to come back and try out our new breakfast! Please contact me at the hotel at your earliest connivance so that I may discuss this with you. Thank you again for taking the time to convey your experience and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Nice accomodations. Clean and well furnished. Room layout modernistic but functional. A little far from main tourist attractions, but downtown only 30 minutes away via I-275 south. Handy to north Tampa area near I-75 and I-275. We'll be back as we prefer quieter setting after full day at local attractions.

Room Tip: room away from elevators facing rear of building
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Missouri
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Stayed for 3 nights for family trip to Busch Gardens. Location is not really handy to Busch Gardens at all. Much better options were available I learned after the fact. My bad on that.
Property was clean with the exception of the pool area. Room was very spacious and worked well with the exception of the bathroom location & glass doors as others have stated in reviews. Don't know what Marriott was thinking on that design! Beds are comfy though.
Hotel was really just ok overall. Not up to quality or service level we have had at other Springhill Suites including the one at SeaWorld which was outstanding. Issues included: pool had leaves and debris and NEVER any towels during our stay and getting more towels to room at night was an issue. Most of the time when we were entering or leaving the hotel, there were no staff members anywhere to be seen unless we saw them outside smoking. Then there was the breakfast. Yikes. Nothing was kept clean or stocked on the 2 mornings we were there. The first morning we were there with about 45 minutes left and figured that was the issue, but the next day we were there with about an hour and a half remaining and same problem. Selection was limited, and multiple items were empty and not refilled. The person working breakfast seemed most unhappy to be there.
We didn't have any of the staff make us feel welcome or really even act like they cared if we were there or not. Not sure why the difference from other reviews, but just our experience there. Would not return to this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank zimaaaaah
shstampa, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, 15 June 2011
I am extremely sorry your stay was not up to our standards. We pride ourselves on our customer service and our reviews normally reflect that, I am very sorry that this was not your experience. We use these reviews as training tools to improve our services and I thank you for taking the time to convey your comments. I would like to speak to you directly on these issues, please feel free to contact me at the hotel at any time so that we can discuss this. We hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future with the level of service we are known for.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-Wesley Chapel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa North - Wesley Chapel

Been to SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms? Share your experiences!