SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms
US$122
HIExpress.com
US$113
Doubletree.com
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
US$178
US$482
US$286
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewsseparate shower and toiletfrosted glassfront deskshower areabruce b downsslept comfortablyroom layoutbusiness parkred lobsterthe breakfast areasitting areaolive gardenyogurtrefrigerator and microwavewaffle makerking suitegeneral manager
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I was very pleasantly surprised with the SpringHil Suite Hotel. It's look is ultra modern but the service is very downhome and friendly. The rooms are very spacious with a sofa and desk area that acts as a screen to the bed area. There is a nice refreshment area with microwave, frig and coffee set up. The shower and toilet are two separate rooms which can be very convienent. My husband and I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast which had both hot and colds items. The location is a little out of the way but only a minute ride to some nice restaraunts and shopping. I would definitely stay again and if all SpringHill Suites are like this one, will look to stay in them on future trips in other cities.

Room Tip: Was given a room on backside of hotel away from the road.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Our entire team of 12 year old boys stayed here and we were all very pleased. The staff were so extremely patient, seeing as the hotel was filled with young, energetic soccer boys who sometimes ran amok. The rooms are very large, with two double queens + a sleeper sofa that my son said was very comfortable. Each room has a desk area and a fridge/microwave area with shelving - especially nice if you need to stay a few days. I liked that the toilet+sink were separate from the shower+sink (2 sinks) so that, when all 4 of ushad to get ready in the morning, we had more room for washing hands and combing hair and brushing teeth. The hotel is right by a drugstore and a gas station and numerous restaurants; it is just minutes from I-75 but is secluded by many trees so that there is absolutely no noise and no feeling of being close to some busy streets close-by. Again, the staff were amazingly friendly and helpful and happy, in spite of the chaos and noise of a hotel full of kids that weekend. We had a game very very early one day, before breakfast is usually served, and the staff had some "grab & go" bags waiting for us with a bagel and banana and milk and a granola bar for each of us. The hot breakfast started later and had yogurt, waffles, eggs, muffins, cereal, etc. There's also a 24 hour coffee set-up and a "market" (corner of the lobby) where you can buy little items for your microwave, etc. Overall = great! Big rooms, good price, decent breakfast, excellent staff...

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
shstampa, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

Thank you for your review! We enjoyed having your team with us as well and look forward to the tournament next year! We work very hard to accommodate our groups, like yours, as well as our leisure and business guests, and we are glad you all enjoyed your weekend (despite the rain!)

Reviewed 7 October 2011

I stay at this hotel often and have fallen in love with it. It is located a short distance from restaurants , adventures, grocery stores, shopping malls and not very far from the airport. The happy hour and breakfast makes it more comfortable for me.I do not have to plan a meal on arrival neither plan a location for breakfast. The well supplied market is always available as an alternate. The refrigerator and microwave are included in the price of the room. My room is always clean,neat and allows plenty of space for me to enjoy a room away from home. My bed sleeps wonderfully. The staff is ALWAYS friendly. My concerns are always taken care of. Parking is FREE!! The area appears safe for walks at night.The pool and the fitness center is always clean.I like to sat at the pool and watch the Tampa North traffic at night. This hotel is very welcoming to families and children of any age. The seating in the lounge is very comfortable and the complimentary newspaper adds a special touch of home to my visit. Breakfast is a great time to learn who is living in your neighborhood.
The delicious belgian waffles are one of my favorites. I enjoy having an early check-in and a late check-out.

Room Tip: High floors are great, you can enjoy the city lights, Request a room midway from the elevator
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I have a new favorite hotel for business in the Tampa area! The SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms is a beautiful property very close to some of my favorite restaurants on Bruce B. Downs Blvd. In addition to the great location, it is a new, clean and fresh property with a very attentive and professional staff. It has a pool and exercise room, but I prefer to run on the wide trails from the hotel to nearby residential areas. I highly recommend this property for anyone who wants a spacious, super-clean and well-decorated room for a very reasonable rate...with free breakfast included! I think if you try it once, you'll be a fan too.

Room Tip: Try the Stonewood Grill just around the corner from the hotel for a great meal.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank dglenn1
Reviewed 20 September 2011

If you have stayed at a Springhill Suites in the past, you know what to expect here. This location is not an exception to the contemporary Sprinhill line. This particular Sprinhill Suites is obviously a remodel of another hotel. It has certainly been refreshed and has the feel of chain, however, everything was forced into the existing space with some interesting sacrifices. The TV swivels to cover the office/lounge and the bedroom. No problem for me and I did not find the tighter quarters too much of a problem. There was a great refrigerator in the room which was empty for the guests. I really like that. The one thing my room was missing was an in room safe. The front desk was excellent as usual for this type of hotel. This is turning into my "go to" travel chain.

There are several restaurants in the area though you may want to drive. While they are close, the streets are dark and the traffic is Tampa traffic.

My one complaint is that the internet was wired. It was free based on my status, however, this day in age I feel tethered when plugged in. The cord was long enough for me to get off of the desk, but I certainly could not navigate the room. Also I could not synch my phone through the internet.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
shstampa, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! I did want to let you know we are in fact and brand new hotel, not a remodeled older hotel. We opened for the first time in March, 2010. We are the new line of Springhill Suites, and you are going to see a lot more new hotels popping up that will look very similar to ours, as we were one of the 1st. I also wanted to let you know we also offer wireless internet access in both our guest rooms and all public areas of the hotel. During your next visit we would be happy to show you how to get online on our wireless internet, or there are also instructions on the desk in your guest room.
Thank you again for your review, we are all thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you get the opportunity to stay with us again soon!