“Excellent stay”

Ranked #34 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Maynooth, Ireland
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

My Husband and I stayed here for two nights, the staff are so friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. There was a problem with my reservation which they sorted immediately. The hotel goes beyond any regular hotel and provides a free breakfast and free internet with printing facilities (handy for tourists who don't travel with laptop). The hotel is so clean and the rooms are a great size. Excellent stay!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KateH15

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Can't say enough good things about this hotel. Every staff member we interacted with was super-friendly and every one always had a smile and a great attitude - happy to see people that enjoy their jobs. Everything in this hotel is immaculate, from the grounds to the lobby and other common areas and our room as well. The suites are amazingly spacious with a large sectional couch that pulls out to a sofabed, a desk area, very comfortable beds with top-quality bedding, plenty of lighting, large flat-screen TV and plush bathroom facilities. There was even a walk-in closet in the room - when's the last time you've seen that in a hotel at this level?! They are very pet-friendly ($50.00 refundable pet deposit) which is always a plus, with one of the front-desk clerks even looking forward to saying hello to our dog each morning. Free breakfast buffet every morning including make your own waffles and eggs and sausage, and even fresh-cooked hot oatmeal instead of packets of instant. Also there were the usual cold cereals, pastries, fruit, etc. Four minor quibbles, none of which will prevent us from returning on our next trip to Tampa - (1) when arriving at the hotel from Bruce B. Downs Boulevard they need some better signage since the hotel is a bit farther down the access road than you might think, (2) it would have been nice if the in-room fridge had a freezer compartment, (3) no bread at the breakfast buffet, only english muffins and bagels, (4) no variety on the eggs, just plain scrambled eggs every day (compare with some Hampton Inns we've visited). Again, these were minor and this hotel is highly recommended as well as being a good value to boot!

3 Thank UsAndTheD0g
Ringoes, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I really do not care for the cheap, modern style of this hotel... but for the price, I cannot complain too much. But I do have one major problem... this hotel is very near an office that I traveled to and it is a preferred hotel for the major corporation. There is also a lot of road construction near the hotel and it seems that the crews working on the road also stay at the hotel. To the management of the hotel, make a choice if you want business travelers or road workers. I say this for two reasons... 1) every evening there is a large group of road workers standing in the parking lot around their trucks drinking beer and 2) there is also a "happy hour" in the lobby that is also full of the road crews. For a business women traveling alone, it can be very intimidating... the men shouting out inappropriate comments, etc. So hotel management should either choose... or stop happy hour and prohibit the men from hanging out in the parking lot.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank teena1014
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Stayed at this hotel while visiting the area and was unfamiliar with this brand of the Marriott chain. I was blown away at the amenities, especially given the price point.

The room itself was well designed and laid out very thoughtfully. There is a living area closest to the door that has a couch with a chaise lounge, a desk and chair and a mini-pantry complete with microwave and mini-fridge. The TV is placed so that it can swivel to the living or sleeping area.

The sleeping area contains a bed, nightstands, bench and armoire. There is a bathroom with just a sink and toilet and a separate bathroom with shower and sink which can be convenient for a couple sharing a room.

There is free breakfast with pretty good variety -- make your own waffles, hot and cold cereal, fruit, etc. I didn't have a car, but there is free parking on site.

The only minuses were the lack of a room safe and no room service. However, the hotel does keep menus available if you want to order food for delivery and there is a pantry in the lobby from which they sell frozen entrees. If only there were bottles of wine the inventory would be complete.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DelicateEssie
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Very nice hotel, although I was not a fan of the (European) design of the rooms. I did not like the glass doors in the bathroom areas. Other than that, the hotel was very nice and clean. We were there for a soccer tournament, so it was quite busy! I think I was told there were 8 soccer teams and a girls volleyball team staying at the hotel. The breakfast was pretty good, and they opened the area early on Sunday morning, since we had to be at the soccer fields by 7:00 a.m. On Saturday evening, we were able to bring in our dinner from Olive Garden and use the lobby/breakfast area (along with a few other teams that had the same idea). The staff was great and very friendly. Overall, I would definitely stay again.

Orlando
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I was very pleasantly surprised with the SpringHil Suite Hotel. It's look is ultra modern but the service is very downhome and friendly. The rooms are very spacious with a sofa and desk area that acts as a screen to the bed area. There is a nice refreshment area with microwave, frig and coffee set up. The shower and toilet are two separate rooms which can be very convienent. My husband and I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast which had both hot and colds items. The location is a little out of the way but only a minute ride to some nice restaraunts and shopping. I would definitely stay again and if all SpringHill Suites are like this one, will look to stay in them on future trips in other cities.

Room Tip: Was given a room on backside of hotel away from the road.