“A lot of room and great breakfast”

SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms
Ranked #29 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
cagedmonkees
“A lot of room and great breakfast”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stayed there almost a week recently. The hotel is fresh and clean looking. The staff is friendly (especially the breakfast lady during the week). They vary the menu slightly. Fresh strawberries, oatmeal, delicious multi grain bread, fresh spinach, eggs and sausage. During the weekend they add waffles and biscuits n gravy.

Beds were comfortable - even the coach rollaway. Although it is a bit "out in the boonies" the area, Tampa Palms/New Tampa gives a feeling of security. Two exits east put you in the run down Busch Gardens area. Definitely worth the extra 5 minute drive.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Ruth C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your stay with us at the Springhill Suites Tampa North. We appreciate you pointing out the cleanliness of our rooms and our close proximity to Busch Gardens. We are delighted to hear that all our amenities were to your liking, especially the variety our breakfast has to offer, during your stay and we hope to have you as our guest again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I stayed here briefly based on tripadvisor reviews. It should be made clear that this hotel accepts pets so chances are your hotel room will smell like pets! Also the housekeeping is very poor and both rooms had long hairs and toilet did not appear to be wiped down in either. The hotel was quiet as it was mostly empty, but do not get a room facing the highway or you will hear it all night long. I enjoyed the exercise room but doubt I will ever stay here again based on pet odors!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Springhill Suites Tampa North. I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy the hotel based on your review. I can assure you, the hotel is constantly updating the facilities to ensure complete guest satisfaction. I will be sure to share your comments with our housekeeping department to make sure it is corrected right away so we do not repeat the same experience you had again. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the Tampa area you will give us the opportunity to help make things right and truly impress you with the amenities and services you come to expect from the Marriott family.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Our children live in the area, so we have found this to be our 'go to place' in the Tampa area. We have never been disappointed.
We move in and get cozy immediately, and after visiting our children and grandchildren, know we are going to get a good nights sleep, only to wake up to a delicious breakfast in the morning.
I give a big "THUMBS UP" to Barbara, the manager. One morning I listened to her talk to her staff, I knew why everyone is happy here. She and all the staff always make our stays special. The kitchen staff always greet you with a joyful "Good Morning", and other staff says hello when walking through the hotel.
We've already booked for our next years visit because we don't want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give a detailed review of your stay for the Tripadvisor. We are glad you enjoyed the room, and found the rest of the amenities to your liking. Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and management. To us, the guest is our number one priority. We want everyone to feel right at home. We look forward to have you as our guest again when your travels bring you back into the area.
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This was the nicest hotels I have recently stayed in. The room's decor was nice, modern and contemporary and reminded me of a nicely furnished studio condo. The bed was comfortable and even the sofa bed was nice and comfy. The split bathroom/powder-room was different but none the less was really nice as well. The receptionist was really helpful and kind with every trip past the counter. Unlike many other recent hotels I have stayed in the past. This hotel's main entrance was secured after hours, major plus! The location of the entrance was awkward but primarily the hotel was easy to find.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review about your experiences here at the Springhill Suites Tampa North. We are glad to hear you found everything to your liking and we are pleased to hear that you found our staff helpful. We pride ourselves on great customer service. We also appreciate that you liked our nightly security. It is important to have every guest feel comfotable and safe. We hope to have you as a guest again in the future.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Wonderful outdoor pool and the hotel is nicely decorated. The rooms are beautiful and the staff is professional. The breakfast was good and I enjoyed the fresh coffee and the children enjoyed the hot chocolate available around the clock. It's located in between MetLife and USAA's corporate buildings nestled in beautiful and upscale Tampa Palms area.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review about your experiences here at the Springhill Suites Tampa North. We are glad to hear you found everything to your liking and we are pleased to hear that you found our staff helpful and our hotel clean and safe. We hope to have you as a guest again in the future.
Taylor, Michigan
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My family and I just finished a 6 night stay,while my granddaughter was at the Moffitt Cancer Center. The hotel as a nice retreat from long stressful days at the hospital. It was very clean and quiet. The staff was was nice and helpful. If I had any complaints it was that the complementary breakfast had waffles only on weekends, we were really disappointed. Also the bath layout was a little weird with the toilet being in a separate room from the main sink and shower with a huge closet in between. The décor was very European which was a nice touch. We would stay there again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your feedback about your experiences here at the Springhill Suites Tampa North. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was able to take care of you during your stay. We appreciate your feedback about the room setup and the lack of waffles during the week. We would also like to offer a great variety no matter what day of the week it is. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future!
Burlington, NJ
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed here for a business trip in Lutz. The location was pretty easy to find, and is connected to a small shopping area that makes getting food pretty easy. The hotel itself is incredibly quiet, when I checked in it was really peaceful.

My room was a pleasant surprise. The suite had a living room area that included a flat screen TV, couch, and workstation. Free (reliable) wifi was a plus. I was able to watch TV while getting some work done at the desk. The TV rotates on its stand, so when it was ready for sleep, I could catch a late show too.

The bedroom area had a nice size bed and lots of sunlight. The bathroom is split - a toilet & sink area exists within its own door, and the shower and another sink are in another area. I was traveling alone so this didn't really matter to me but I could see how this would be a nice perk if traveling with multiple people.

The staff was super pleasant with me the entire time, and the property had a nice outdoor pool (that I should have used!). Fitness center was good, and open 24 hours.

This hotel was just fine for me, and in fact I have already booked my next stay here when I return next week!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your stay with us at the Springhill Suites Tampa North. We appreciate you pointing out the great functionality of our rooms . We are delighted to hear that all our amenities were to your liking during your stay and we look forward to have you as our guest again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
TownePlace Suites Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
#1 of 5 in Temple Terrace

Been to SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms? Share your experiences!