“Great family stay”

Ranked #34 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Upper Arlington, Ohio, United States
“Great family stay”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This was our 3rd hotel we stayed during our family spring break trip and probably the best room even thought the other 2 hotels were 4+. We've stayed at other Marriot locations before but never a Springhill Suites, this will change in the future since we had such a nice experience. The hotel is a little hard to find, tucked away in a business park, but this makes it nice once you find it.

Lauren checked us in and made us feel very welcomed. She was very attentive and professional and any business would be improved with employees of this caliber. Upon entering the room we were amazed. Extremely large room with sitting area/couch in front and large sleeping are in back. Having the bathroom separated into two rooms is a great idea. The sliding doors were awesome as well but even thought the glass door looks cool, having someone use the bathroom in the middle of the night lights up the entire room. There was some noticeable road noise from highway traffic at night but not too bad. The room comes complete with fridge and microwave which is another bonus.

Breakfast was typical yet great. Food was well stocked, area not to busy, and quality was very good. Better than expected for an included meal. Coffee was always available which is nice. The pool was nice but oh so cold even though the temperature was mid 80's that day. Heated pool would be a huge bonus.

Several amenities surround with grocery, shopping, restaurants all near. We went to Busch Gardens and I think it only took 20 minutes to get there.

Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Ruth C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your detailed feedback about your stay. We hope that every guest leaves feeling the same way about our property and staff that you do. We also feel that our rooms are spacious and can easily accomadate a family comfortably. Your kind words about breakfast brought a smile to our face. We try everyday to achieve excellence. Thank you so much for your patronage and hope to see you gain soon. There is a new ride at Busch Gardens so we hope to see you sooner rather than later. :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This appears to be a newer property, but what makes it stand out is the modern decor and the "feng shui" of the rooms that have an Asian style inspiration. Our suite was very large, and the bathroom was separated into two rooms, with the shower separate (no tub). The living room/sofa bed area was large and the room had a fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker. Free wi-fi was very easy to access. Beds each have their own reading lights. The way these suites are set up it is very convenient and accommodating for a family. The free continental breakfast was the typical fare: scrambled eggs, make your own waffles, hot oatmeal. biscuits and gravy, yogurt, pastries, cereal. The staff was friendly and helpful in giving directions to the many nearby restaurants. Although the hotel can be seen off of the interstate, it is tucked inside a business park, so there is not any noise. A McDonald's and several other chain restaurants are inside the park, with more right down the street. We were visiting USF and it is about 15 minutes away. The only downside was that someone apparently had spilled ink on our carpet, making black spots in one area. I would definitely stay here again-- it is a great choice for a family traveling with children/teens due to the roomy accommodations and the close proximity of restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Ruth C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest.

We are so happy that you appreciated our decor in the lobby and in the room itself. Our property is only four years old and we try our best to make sure it looks like new. We do want to apologize for the stain on the carpet. We do try to make sure that everything is perfect before a guest checks in. We greatly appreciate your feedback in this area and will address the concern with housekeeping. Thank you so much! We hope to see you in the near future.
North Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I needed a quick getaway from Miami, so I decided to go visit my brother and few friends in Tampa. High prices around spring break season, led me to look at "2 star" hotels on various travel sites. How Springhill Suites can be in the same category as some of the other 2 star hotels in the area is crazy to me. My experience staying there exceeded my expectations.

The location: SHS is tucked away in Tampa Palms, and even though reviews on Trip Advisor complained about it being close to the highway, I didn't have any noise issues. You really don't feel like you're near the highway. It's secluded, but less than a 5 minute drive from restaurants, a CVS, shopping plazas, etc.

The hotel: There is plenty of parking out front. The hotel has a modern feel inside, plenty of seating for their complimentary breakfast, an business center off the lobby, and a pool. All of the employees are friendly, and they even remembered my name when I saw them on my second day there. As far as housekeeping, there's a little card on the desk when you check in that says you should ask them if you need anything during your stay. I think because it's "suite" style, they may not do the rounds as often as some other hotels, and they're like a hotel/extended stay hybrid maybe? Whatever the case is, I asked them the morning of day 2 if they could replace the towels, and they ended up cleaning the whole room (replaced cups, new towels, made the bed, etc.). Just ask! That's something you just don't get at a "2 star" hotel. I haven't even experienced that at some hotels that are rated much higher.

The room: My hotel room was huge. Most small, dumpy hotels in the area were charging $90-140 a night for this particular weekend, and this huge room at SHS was $126. I felt like I got such a bargain. My room had a couch, desk, and chair that was sort of separated from the bedroom area by partition above the desk. There was also a small area with a counter space for the coffee maker and ice bucket, with a mini fridge below and microwave above. Passing the partition, there was a hug king size bed, large flatscreen tv, a modern armoirer, and a slatted bench next to the window (presumably a modern luggage rack). There was also a divided bathroom. There was a toilet and sink behind a sliding door with frosted glass, and then the main part of the bathroom with the sink, large mirror, and shower behind the same kind of sliding door. Some of the rooms also have bathtubs, but they were all occupied by the time I checked in. My only wish was that there was a dresser (the tv stand only had one drawer) or a larger armoirer. It was just me, but I can imagine that families would need to get ready out of their suitcase because there isn't much space to hang clothes or put things in drawers.

Overall: Way better value than many hotels in this area,and definitely deserves more than 2 stars on these hotel site search engines.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Megan M
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your detailed review of our property. We appreciate the breakdown from the guest rooms to the service we provide. It is our goal to make everyone feel as comfortable as you. We hope the next time you come, to visit your brother, you will choose to stay with us. It would be a pleaseure to see you back again.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The front desk staff was extremely friendly and remembered us by name during our 3 day stay. The hotel was booked on our first night and the staff did an excellent job of keeping up with the continental breakfast, replenishing items quickly and thoroughly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Melinda M
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your words of kindness. Its is our goal to make sure we know everyone by name. Evey person that comes through our doors is special and deserve recognition. We do appreciate that you commented on our breakfast. During busy times it is sometimes difficult to stay full. Our staff does a wonderful job with this task. We do hope to see you again in the near future.
Succasunna, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

What made our one night stay at this budget hotel memorable was the front desk welcome we received upon arrival. Lauren was the night front desk person and she went out of her way to make us welcome and laugh.

She was on duty the next morning again and she roamed the lobby and breakfast room continually to make sure everyone had a good night sleep and had what they liked for breakfast. She knew a lot of names and was just a great cheer in the morning.

The hotel itself provided a very clean comfortable room and the decor is up to date. This is a relatively new property and had an outside pool and a small gym.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Ruth C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Lauren is truly a gem! We will pass your kind words along to her. We truly believe that the staff at any hotel is what makes the hotel great. Thank you so much for your compliments towards Lauren and our hotel in general. We look forward to your return in the future.
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My house needed a quick fix so we decided to stay here for a few days. Great service: One person whom i forgot her name helped out when the printer at the business desk wouldn't work. Rooms: It was tricky working the a/c but it was comfortable. The bed was great and of course the bathroom had a lot of room. Of course the sliding doors was tricky. Food: The food is why the hotel didnt get the perfect 5. Manager reception was great especially the free beer. The egg rolls were not the greatest. For breakfast, I liked the variety i got to eat. Usually when i stay at a marriott, i expect waffles. I don't know why but that is what i expect. There were no waffles. Besides that, great breakfast. Also it is a lot quieter because it feels more like a business hotel. I highly recommend anybody staying there

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Edward W
Ruth C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We feel very privileged to be chosen as your hotel of choice while your house was under repair. We are so delighted that you were pleased with the staff and your room. Unfortunately, waffles are only served on Saturday and Sundays but we are glad that you did take advantage of our complimentary hot breakfast. While it isn't waffles, we do try to give you the best possible choices that we can offer. Hopefully your home is in good repair now, but please know that you are always welcome here as our guest!
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I stay in this hotel when we come to Tampa. We don't want to stay anywhere else. From Barbara, the manager and the staff in the breakfast room, who smile and say hello every morning, we love it here!
My husband loves the desk area in the room. He can spread out his work and conduct business in the morning, then visit the family the rest of the day. We come back to the hotel, exhausted and get refreshed with a good night's sleep. It is always clean and ready for a new day.
It is in Tampa Palms development, but right off the interstate. There have a CVS, stores and restaurants close by,
For all these reasons and more, we keep coming back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Ruth C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and property. We always want to leave a good impression on every person who stays at our hotel. I will make sure to pass your compliments on to the deserving department. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and once again, Welcome Home!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-Wesley Chapel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa North - Wesley Chapel

Been to SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms? Share your experiences!