“Food-Great! Service- Mediocre.”

Ranked #374 of 2,543 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$3 - US$30
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: :::Services:::Takes ReservationsWalk-Ins WelcomeGood For GroupsGood For KidsTake OutDeliveryCateringWaiter Service
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

We sought out a Thai restaurant after doing some shopping in the area and found this one had great ratings. We loved the variety of offerings on the menu- sushi, noodles, appetizers, salads, Thai entrees. We had the pot stickers with peanut sauce and spicy tuna rolls to start. Both were wonderful. Be advised the peanut sauce was served on top of the pot stickers- not as a dipping sauce. For entrees we had spicy shrimp noodles and chicken with garlic sauce. Both dishes were delicious- very light, but flavorful. Servers were friendly, but scarce- they never checked in after we were served and our drinks ran dry- we had to flag down the severs to refill them after quite a while.They were steadily busy, but no so much that there was an apparent cause for their inattentiveness. Maybe we hit it on an off night...but I'll still take great food with mediocre service over the reverse anytime!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I've enjoyed a dinner here on a couple of occasions. Delicious, spicy, flavorful dishes. I wish the portions were a bit larger, since the price is not cheap (although not really overpriced either). Always friendly staff.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I used to dine here 3 years in a row, 5 days a week sometimes before work when residing in Tampa. It is a spotless, charming little Thai restaurant in a pretty affluent area. They don't under or over-season any of their meats/dishes/entrees, and they will gladly SUPER-SPICE it up for you if you would like.

I think it is one of the better little Thai's that you can find around Tampa/C. and N. Florida.

They were more than happy to accommodate my special request for Spicy Chicken Basil which was what I always had before moving away (and used to be on the menu). No problem whatsoever.

Again, can't wait to return next time in Tampa.

P.S They now have a small sushi bar too (but the Sushi maker needs to turn the television sound off whilst there are diners in the building!!!).

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We are vacationing in Tampa, visiting from Boston. We eat a lot of Thai and looked through the TripAdvisor reviews to find one close to Grand Hyatt. It was an easy 13 minute drive. The location is definitely a neighborhood "strip" but it was clean and well lit. Surprisingly, we were only two of 6 patrons in the entire restaurant on a Saturday night. The staff was great, and there were some meat substitutions we had to make, but the food was flavorful and well made. The staff is funny and friendly, and service was great. We are glad we found this spot that took us away from the bigger chain restaurants.

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Luckily, Jasmine Thai is in my neighborhood and I really consider it to be a neighborhood gem. I've visited several times and my experience is always the same- fast, friendly service and great food.
I've been at different times of the day and it's never crowded. Usually, not even half full ( but I've never been on a Fri or Sat night). I recommend the spicy tuna roll! It's a fairly common roll, my go-to, and Jasmine Thai's is my favorite. So fresh and flavorful, with just the right amount of spicy. I also suggest going for the lunch special. It's from 11 to 3, even on Sat, and consists of soup, a small spring roll, 1 sushi roll, and 1 half portion of a Thai entree. It's a great way to sample different rolls and dishes on the menu for about $12. I try a different combination each time I visit and have discovered some great dishes. My go-to is the shrimp Pad Thai. Big, juicy shrimp, great Thai flavor...love it! My husband has tried several of the curry dishes and enjoyed them all.
Best of all, the waitstaff and sushi cook always seem so appreciative of my business and eager to please. Always gracious smiles, "thank you's", and frequent check backs to ensure everything is okay. I make an effort to try a Thai restaurant wherever I go and Jasmine Thai is one of my favorites.