“Best buffet I've had in a long time”
Review of Fresh Harvest

Fresh Harvest
Ranked #143 of 2,383 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: Chinese, American, Asian, Mongolian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: You will embark on a culinary tour of the world at one of Tampa Bay's most unique dining experiences. With seven live-action kitchens, you have hundreds of items to choose from including: Brick oven pizzas, fresh sushi, delicious desserts and everything in between. Your rockin' meal includes coffee, tea or soft drinks. Alcoholic beverages are also available for a minimal charge.
Tampa, Florida
“Best buffet I've had in a long time”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

As a frequent traveler to Las Vegas, I can tell you that this is a great buffet. All the items are cooked to order at the various stations, so everything is fresh and hot. I sampled all the food items and did not find a single bad food. All the staff is very courteous and they keep the tables and floor spotless. The bread pudding and rum sauce is simply amazing.
A few tips: don't waste stomach space on fried items or noodles, go right for the beef and fresh veggies. The Asian food section is good, but anyone can make egg rolls and noodles.
There are several "cook to order" sections, so take some time and get it prepared the way you want it. Save room for dessert (especially the bread pudding). They have excellent coffee, so save some room for a warm cup with your dessert.
There is a $5 discount for diners with the casino players card, so make sure you get a card.

• Visited October 2013
Jon G, General Manager at Fresh Harvest, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
I am so glad that you had a great experience at Fresh Harvest. Thank you for taking the time to share!

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Seafood Night Recommended”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This buffet has a huge selection. Nothing is the best i've ever eaten, but the quality is good. The crab legs make the price very worth it. The buffet has an asian section with dim sum and sushi, the dim sum is hit or mess and the sushi is nothing fancy. They have soups, salads, italian, comfort foods, meats, and ever dessert under the sun.

• Visited August 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good selection!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I am a buffet person and have tried every one in Vegas. The Fresh Harvest is right up there with the Vegas buffets. At first, I thought that the meat looked dry, but it was delicious. Even the desserts were tasty. We went for lunch and got $5 off with the players card. Total for two people with tax,$31. Not bad. We left stuffed and happy!

Visited September 2013
Jon G, General Manager at Fresh Harvest, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your lunch. Glad to hear we stand up to the Vegas buffets!
Brandon, Florida, USA
“Poor Service and Low Quality Food”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I recently visited the buffet at the Tampa Hard Rock and had a terrible experience. First, service is ridiculously bad and inattentive. People stand in line waiting to be seated at tables standing empty for far too long. Many of the people waiting are elderly who must endure these delays for no apparent reason. More importantly, the food selection and quality is simply inferior. The only acceptable choices for food require an additional cash purchase amount. Frankly, any Golden Corral has a better selection of food which is more properly seasoned and prepared than this place. All in all, a total disappointment. I am certain that the gaming operation is quite profitable, but the food and beverage operation would never be a successful stand-alone operation without it. It just isn't good enough.

• Visited September 2013
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Worst Dining Experience I Have Had.”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Ended up in this restaurant after wandering around the casino and was enticed by the fact that you could pick what you want cooked in front of you.
However, most of the food is already cooked and placed in containers for you to help yourself.
We were shown to our table by a less than enthusiastic waitress. I had some steak which reminded me of some old shoe leather, some chicken - still pink and some corn which was good. Spotted some Chinese which again was good. Following on from that I found some ribs with a bbq sauce and some mash. Well the ribs and mash were the worst I have ever eaten, the ribs tasted of sugar and the mash was more liquid than mash - truly revolting. By this time I had finished my soda and was waiting for a refill. Although the waitress had seen my empty cup on several occasions there was no suggestion of a refill.
At this point there was nothing left to do but to emerge myself in the puddings. There is a good selection and only had the ice cream as I had had enough so cannot say what they were like but they looked good. Waiting in the queue for the ice cream a girl in front of me asked "Are there any strawberries in the strawberry ice cream". To which the less than enthusiastic server (yes another one) surprised at such a question said "of course not!!". Really poor service I thought. I opted for the chocolate ice cream and hot fudge sauce which was OK.
During the whole dessert my drink stayed empty and was not filled once. As soon as we had our ice creams the waitress offered to bring our check, not asking if we were having anything else or the like. It felt like empty bowl, here is the check, next customer please.
This therefore has to go down as the worst eating experiences in both food and service that I have experienced whilst travelling in the US.
Which is some title to obtain.
I'm not sure why the staff are so unenthusiastic, it really did mind me of being at a second rate restaurant back in the UK..
This is one restaurant that I will definitely not be visiting again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Badgersrmad
I am so sorry to hear you had a bed experience here. Though we work very hard to provide a word class dining experience for every guest, sometimes we come up short. I appreciate your honest feedback we will use it to continue to coach and train our team. If you are ever in the Tampa area again I would love to have you back to show you that your experience was not a typical one. Please feel free to reach me at my personal email jon.griffiths@seminolehardrock.com

Been to Fresh Harvest? Share your experiences!