“really well done” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #117 of 2,357 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: Chinese, American, Asian, Mongolian
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: You will embark on a culinary tour of the world at one of Tampa Bay's most unique dining experiences. With seven live-action kitchens, you have hundreds of items to choose from including: Brick oven pizzas, fresh sushi, delicious desserts and everything in between. Your rockin' meal includes coffee, tea or soft drinks. Alcoholic beverages are also available for a minimal charge.
Clermont, Florida
“really well done”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were first time visitors to Seminole Hard Rock Tampa and tried Fresh Harvest for dinner - we are originally from Philadelphia and have tried Atlantic City, Pennsylvania (frequently)and Nevada (occasionally) casino buffets in the past.

The dining room was not very crowded, we actually got in before the Saturday night dinner rush as there was a line when we left (7:30/8:00), the hosts were friendly and really efficient; reporting back on a headset empty tables, those finishing and those being reset.

Our server, Amanda, was excellent - polite, informative and kept drinks full and the table cleared as well as checking to be sure we were enjoying everything and didn't need anything.

Amanda shared the lay of the land with us as first time diners: pointing out the Asian station, raw bar, grilling station, Italian food and American Stations; as well as soups , salads and of course desserts!

We started with the Asian station and raw bar. My partner had some sushi; well done, just in need of some more signage explaining more than 'assorted sushi'. The steamed shrimp and chive dumplings were excellent, light and flavorful.

I had a plateful of fresh, plump, sweet oysters - exactly what I would expect this close to the gulf. The cocktail shrimp were flavorful but some were slightly overcooked.

The American station was carving Pastrami which was excellent ( the attendant needed a little personality adjustment, the only unfriendly person we encountered), very tasty fried chicken, mashed yellow potatoes, fall of the bone, really tasty, smokey pork ribs.

The Italian station had several well presented pasta dishes, an assortment of salad and antipasti as well as fresh made pizza including Chicago deep dish pizza. The individual lasagna were wonderful; great flavor and lots of cheese.

We spent a lot of our time at the Grilling station - the flank steak was moist, juicy and flavorful; the assorted sausages were GREAT flavorful, spicy and moist. They had a side of beans - not typically baked beans, this was a ix of assorted beans with some root vegetables and LOTS of flavor.

On the other side of the grilling station was a Stirfry station - sort of Mongolian BBQ but done in a wok, lots of fresh vegetables, meats and sauce options to mix in with seasoning and noodles. My partners beef and noodles was excellent however the line moves VERY, VERY slowly as they have one person working the station with one wok.

The buffet has one REALLY unique thing; they offer you additional a la cart entrees at an additional surcharge. beautiful NY Strips, Rib Eyes and Lobster Tails - all fairly afford-ably priced and seemed to be selling very well. Your sever will order them for you and bring them to the table. * please note that there are LOTS of wonderful meat and seafood entrees included with your buffet pricing.

Dessert was the one very 'mixed bag' in this experience. There is a nice assortment of ice cream, toppings, sliced cakes, tarts cookies and sugar free desserts. My chocolate macadamia nut tart was excellent as was the guava and almond tart. cookies were good too. However the Key lime pie ( one of my favorites) has an odd texture like someone had tried to stir in raw flour to thicken it - kind of grainy. Same with the cannoli; growing up with LOTS of Italian bakeries, these mini cannoli were crisp and had lots of chopped pistachio on the end but that's where it stopped. The filling was lumpy - not sure what cheese they used as it didn't resemble riccotta or marscapone; it had tiny lumps of what might have been confectioners sugar that wasn't well incorporated but the mixture wasn't all that sweet either.

Not an exciting ending to an otherwise memorable meal.

Overall we were impressed with the cleanliness of the room and buffets, everything was filled and refreshed as well as good quality and flavorful. There were LOTS of Sous chefs and Managers on the floor and in the kitchens checking on preparation and service.

While not excited that the casino has no apparent non smoking area and was very smokey - the restaurants may bring us back for another visit.

1 Thank Mark K

Winter Garden, Florida
“Been Back Again & Again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Cannot say enough about this place, it is the best deal in Tampa or in the Hard Rock! The servers are all very attentive and do an amazing job! If you love buffets you will love this place, and been there at least three more times since May.

1 Thank 0ur_0pini0n
Largo, Florida
“Better Then Average Casino Buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I had earned :} $16.00 playing the slots and decided to use them to help pay for my dinner which is $27.00 I ordered a cook to order rib eye for only $6.00 The customer gives all steak/lobster orders to your personal server who will also settle your check at the end of your meal. If you don't use points on your player card and instead use your credit card or cash you will receive a $5.00 discount on your bill. Note the points on your players card can only be used at the Steakhouse and buffet. The food court is an all cash/credit card operation no COMPS!

Now what about the food? The rib eye was medium rare as ordered and tender to boot. The piece of meat was enormous and filled a dinner plate rim to rim. I also enjoyed the raw oysters and peel and eat shrimp. The soup of the night was Manhattan Clam Chowder (red) and was loaded with clams. I like the pre made salads with ham served in a small bowl. The Italian area had lasagna served in small individual chafing dishes which is a nice touch. I only had the sugar free cheese cake for desert but it was very good.

My server was friendly and very quick in clearing my used dishes from the table. For the second time in a row I departed The Hard Rock with more money in my wallet then when I came in.

“Last Friday in May”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Friday is seafood night. I noticed they are putting out small quantities of food, must be that there appears to be less people eating here. Not sure if it is the quality of the food or the fact the price has gone up. The food was ok. At least there is a little variety. Now if they could just up the payout percentage!!!!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank McRae127
Norwich, CT
“Nice Find Within a Casino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My partner and I recently enjoyed dinner at Fresh Harvest within the Hard Rock Casino in Tampa. It's basically a buffet where you go to different stations to get what you want, eat, get a fresh plate and then move on to another such station. My dad loves their crab legs so he piled up on those while I made a small meal just out of the peel and eat shrimp which was cold and crisp with a nice horseradish sauce. I also favored the Mongolian station where you pick out each meat, fish, vegetable and pasta while they stir fry it all right in front of you. Some selections required an additional fee (like filet mignon and lobster) but mostly it was included in the one price fits all.

True to what another reviewer said, you do have to paw your way through the smoky casino to get to the escalator that takes you upstairs to this restaurant. I am so accustomed to this, living about 15 minutes from two different casinos here in Connecticut, that I just factor that in and try to make the best of it. In other words, in any casino there is going to be an above average smoke factor. However, in the restaurants, the air improves dramatically so it doesn't negatively affect your meal.

For all the different stations at Fresh Harvest, I really only frequented three. They had some "American comfort food" offerings, like hamburgers and fried chicken which was a far cry from the stir fry, the unlimited shrimp and also a Beef and Broccoli dish I got from the Thai station. What was noticeably missing was a good salad bar but not everyone looks for that as I do. I was a bit disappointed in their dessert station as well as just about all of the more decadent desserts had a surcharge and everything offered was, well, "heavy" (then again, you might expect this if you're looking for you typical dessert fare).

Still, it was a pleasant experience and the ambience was quiet and allowed for comfortable conversation. We went on a Thursday night and it was pretty quiet but we were told that, on most weekends, it is packed and difficult to get in without a lengthy wait. After our dinner, we had a little luck at the (electronic) roulette wheel which I have never seen before. There no longer is a "spinner" - you just watch the wheel spin from your own private computer screen which also includes your board where you place your bets. I don't gamble very much so perhaps this has been in play for a lot longer than I realized. It still made for a very nice evening with my family (coming out ahead by a whopping $42 after being in the hole by about $50 - yes, I know. Big spender!) All in all, a reasonably priced evening with decent food and some minor luck.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank cyn8cats

Been to Fresh Harvest? Share your experiences!