“A most pleasant surprise!”

Ybor City Historic Walking Tours
Ranked #3 of 81 Tours in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: There is no better way to experience Ybor City than at streetlevel on foot. Come discover this vibrant and diverse city. Ourwalking tours explore the many layers of history that make up the fabric of Ybor City. Tours start from the Vicente Martinez-Ybor statue at Centro Ybor on Seventh Avenue. Call for current schedule.
Reviewed 23 January 2011

Even though we live in the Tampa area, 5 of my lady friends decided to give this a try. We were so pleased. We just loved it and would recommend it to anyone. Out guide, Lonnie, was extremely knowledgable & presented the information in such an interesting manner. He was very courteous and would find places for us to sit at times and even paid attention to the sunny and shady areas depending on our needs!! He had a great sense of humor and did not hurry us at all. We all learned a lot. We are anxious to take our out of town visitors there!

Reviewed 23 January 2011

This tour is a great way to see Ybor City and learn about its history including funny stories about corruption, gambling and how people lived 100 yrs ago. Fascinating. Hard to believe Ybor City was originally swampland. Lonnie is a wonderful storyteller, easy to talk to. So, I echo the many other positive comments here. Suggest you bring a water bottle. Highly recommend the tour.

Reviewed 13 January 2011

My wife and I had several hours between the time our cruise ended and our flight time home. I had looked for options to use this time and came across this tour. Lonnie responded to my several emails within minutes. We made a reservation with no deposit being required.
We checked our luggage at the port ($7) and walked to Ybor city as opposed to taking a cab. It is an easy 20 minute walk. Ybor city has great history and certainly Lonnie has a good grasp of it. Had lunch at the Columbia and took the trolley back to the port.
I saw the note below referencing difficulty reaching Lonnie. I just suggest you use email.

Reviewed 8 January 2011

Do this tour as soon as you arrive to Tampa. It will be a great start for your trip, it will set the positive mood and you will get some great suggestions on places to eat, hangout, etc. The guide is knowleagable, he answered everybody's questions, his narration is so entertaining that I didn't feel the time pass by. I just felt drag to a different time. You can feel his passion for Ybor city, check it out!

Reviewed 4 January 2011

I reluctantly agreed to accompany my visiting parents on a tour of ybor city. As a resident of Tampa for 20 years, and living only miles from ybor city, I felt I would be bored. To my surprise, I left the tour with a wealth of knowledge and appreciation for Tampa and it's historical importance.

Lonnie is a skilled orator who's stories and historical facts made the 90 minutes fly by. His knowledge of the city and engaging personality made it easily the highlight of my parents visit . At the same time, I have discovered many wonderful sites to return and explore in more detail.

A previous review described the tour as unprofessional and overrated. This could not be further from the truth. Not only was Lonnie professional and courteous, but the tour was an excellent value and lively entertainment!