“Kenndy exhibit and the history center” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tampa Bay History Center

Tampa Bay History Center
Ranked #17 of 195 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience 12,000 years of powerful stories at the Tampa Bay History Center. During your journey, you will stroll through a 1920s-era cigar store, row up the Hillsborough River, ride along with a cattle drive and learn about the early exploration of Florida. This waterfront building, with an eclectic Museum Store and the signature Columbia Cafe, is a memorable experience for families, history enthusiasts, Tampa area natives and beyond.
Spring Hill, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Kenndy exhibit and the history center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I went there to see the Kenndy exhibit. We had a wonderful time. We found the exhibits educational. and while my husband's parents and I's parents moved to Florida in 1956. His to Tampa and mine to Hollywood, Fl. I thought I knew all that about the native indians. As I live near the Indian reservation in Hollywood. I learned a lot more history here. This is one of the best places here. Tampa is stepping up in the World. We will be coming back. I would not have a problem returning to the history center. But I feel the service at the Columbia Cafe. was not very good. But then I have always thought the service at the Columbia has always been poor, I don't care which one you eat at. It is always the same.

Visited January 2014

• Turkish first
Magna, Utah, United States
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Not much there really”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

I guess I expected more. First floor was mostly about the history of cigars in Tampa (a big cigar center apparently) and the second floor reflected more of Tampa's history. Ok but I would not see it again.

Austin, Texas
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“A great visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Lots of varied exhibits presented both fun and thoughtful for adults and children. Fascinating history of native peoples, and development up to present time, told in a very personal way. Located in beautiful Tampa riverwalk area. Columbia Cafe on site was great - reviewed separately.

Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Interesting local history & a nice lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We went specifically for the special Florida map exhibit which has been extended thru 4/13. Was very interesting in terms of local map history on the state of Florida. Did not get to see the other 2 floors so will return another time. Well organized map exhibit. Took a break in between to have lunch at the Columbia Cafe located right in the building. It is an off shoot of the historical Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City. Tasty Cuban style food. Free parking in the blue lot to the left of the building as long as you get the token when you buy your admission tickets.

Bristol, United Kingdom
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“its ok.. get to know a lot about tampa and florida..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

we had a ok time at this place. a lot of boring stuff, if u live in Florida and don't no much about the place it would be good for them.. but we were english.. so it was ok

my mother and father enjoyed it more than me .. to many maps.. when u have seen 30 maps of florida you don't need to see another 50 to 100

for me i would go back.. no one in the place to ask questions to

Visited January 2014