“Good Food but Poor Service”
Review of Chart House - CLOSED

Chart House
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, View, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rocky Point Drive
Fort Lauderdale
“Good Food but Poor Service”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was a birthday celebration. 6 were in our party. When seated, the waitress just stood there
when we were presented the menu. My son said "perhaps you could bring us some water while we look over the menu". She brought water. We ordered a bottle of red wine. The waitress brought us frosted wine glasses (which is used for white wine). Realizing her mistake, she removed them & brought correct glasses. As she was pouring my wine, I told her to give me the bill at the end of our meal which she said she would. Appetizers were ordered. Upon clearing those, she took the bread & butter plates instead of the appetizer plates. After dinner, she was so interested in promoting their card whereas, you pay $25 & you get that back the next time you come in to eat, she presented the bill to my son, because he bought the $25 card. He paid the bill which was to be given to me. On the way out, I told her of her mistake & how displeased I was. This waitress needs additional training if the restaurant wants a satisfactory rating.

• Visited July 2014

Temple Terrace, Florida
“Great food matched the view”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had not been to this restaurant since it had been branded as Landry's. The beautiful view is the same, but the quality of food is much higher. Yes, the prices have gone up too, but the total experience is much better now. The service was excellent; attentive, but not intrusive. We will definitely be back.

• Visited July 2014
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Group event”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was attending a conference in town, and they bussed us over to Chart House for an event. Most of the assigned seating was on the patio. It was very hot and humid in June, and they have no fans to circulate air. The mosquitoes were almost unbearable. Don't wear perfume for sure if you plan to be outside. They did spray something up from the deck, but I had mixed feelings about that. They needed to do something, but I don't like unknown substances to be sprayed on my feet and legs. We had a buffet, and I was expecting some kind of seafood. Denied. I know that is a choice by my conference organizers though. The buffet was still a disappointment. The prime rib was a bit dry and kind of mushy. It was not good. The buffet also had a "build your own pasta" station. There was no list of ingredients to look over, the male chef was very unpleasant and didn't really listen to what you wanted, and it took too long to cook these individual dishes. It took some people 45 minutes in line to get their dinner. We had an engagement party at this same restaurant about three years ago when it was Landry's, but this recent Chart House experience was lacking.

Lisbon, Portugal
“Great Food”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great Food, great service. sea food really well cooked. Good variety of appetizers. Beware of the mosquitoes if you are having dinner outside during summer.

Tampa, Florida
“Great Views & Outside Terrace/Patio”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Fantastic views of Old Tampa Bay and the Airport on the expanse patio/terrace where there is plenty of seating (table tops, tables and couches) for relaxing. The views look east and you can peer over the mangroves and catch all the planes taking off and landing form TIA all while watching the Ospreys catching fish.

This place is ideal for a happy hour or gathering. Don't let the heat deter you from enjoying the patio because at around 4:00/5:00 pm during the summer their is no direct sun on the patio and there is always a breeze coming off the bay, very pleasant but yes, it's still warm.

I've never dined here for the full menu but have been to the Chart House for Happy hour or just to enjoy the views several times. The bar menu serves some pretty decent appetizers to quell your hunger. Some of the apps I have tried are the calamari, fish tacos and hummus trio. All good and tasty and for ranging from $4.00 to$ 5.00 dollars that is not bad at all.

The service and staff here have always been prompt, friendly and helpful. This past time I was here they were catering to a business group of about 200+ people and they handled it pretty well. best part is the restaurant is large enough that it can handle a crowd like that so there were never times you felt crowded.