“Waterside was watered down”
Review of Waterside Grill

Waterside Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Waterside Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 2,581 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Channelside Drive
Transit: From Tampa International Airport: Take I-275 North for 6 miles to downtown Exit 44. Follow signs to Convention Center & Harbour Island. Hotel is 12 blocks ahead adjacent to the Tampa Convention Center on Old Water Street. Bus service: $11.00 USD (one way) Estimated taxi fare: $22.00 USD (one way)
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Waterside has potential - a great location in a lovely hotel, right on the riverwalk. It is appointed nicely but does not measure up to its location. Service was very slow: I asked for some lemon to go with my shrimp and it arrived when I'd finished my meal. We requested bread, but when it arrived it was cold,and possibly day-old. Could be a nice place if it improved service and took some time to refine its food.

1  Thank chumbud

Reviewed 27 March 2014

An associate and I chose this restaurant after attending an event downtown on Saturday evening 3-25-14. The restaurant service was excellent and our food arrived in a timely fashion. I was especially delighted when my plate of fish arrived, it was superbly plated nesting on a bed of delicious coconut risotto. The fish was perfectly cooked and deliciously moist throughout. I love seafood and i'm very particular about fish. A perfect treat to wrap up a very long day of convention activities....The cook and sous chef did a fantastic job..I would have this dish again in a heartbeat..I paired it with a nice Russian River Chardonnay...

1  Thank chowjudge
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We arrived at the hotel on a Friday night and this place was already closed by 8:00 PM. We inquired why they weren't open, since the desk clerk told us they served until 9:00 PM, and we were given a shrug of the shoulders by whoever it was that was still hanging around. The place was already empty, so we're guessing they must have stopped serving closer to 7:00 PM. This being the only game in town for breakfast if you don't want to go off property in the morning, we ate here. A plain-Jane bacon and eggs breakfast w/juice & coffee was $44 before the tip....REALLY???? Service was polite and prompt, food was what you would expect in any diner worth their salt, good but nothing fancy. Decent over-all, but just about double what it was worth.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Great fresh fish sandwiches for lunch; good selection. Service was a bit slow, but there were lots of conventioners there. The dinner menu had few interesting choices and no decent chocolate choice for dessert.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stopped here for dinner when dropping my husband off for a conferance he was attending in the hotel. He had to get up to seek someone to wait on when no one approached us for 15 minutes after being seated by the host. That should have sent us running. We told the waitress that we were very hungry and asked repeatedly how long it would be for our order, yet it took 45 minutes to get a basket of bread and we finally got our dinner a full hour after sitting down. To add insult to injury, the $29 pasta dish I ordered was under cooked! The resturant was not busy, but clearly understaffed. They did not charge us for the pasta or one glass of wine ordered, but that was too little too late.

Been to Waterside Grill? Share your experiences!