“Great Waffles”
Review of Waterside Grill

Waterside Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Waterside Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 2,430 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Channelside Drive
Transit: From Tampa International Airport: Take I-275 North for 6 miles to downtown Exit 44. Follow signs to Convention Center & Harbour Island. Hotel is 12 blocks ahead adjacent to the Tampa Convention Center on Old Water Street. Bus service: $11.00 USD (one way) Estimated taxi fare: $22.00 USD (one way)
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Nice breakfast buffet with your normal breakfast offerings. The waffles were really good! I liked that they offered a variety of cream cheese.

There are newer reviews for Waterside Grill

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We sat inside and maybe we should not have. The acoustics were loud in this dinning room. I could hardly talk with my husband nearby. The food however was good. I had a chicken pasta dish and my husband had a Delmonico steak with veggies and potatoes. The service seemed a bit crazy. I think they had a couple of large parties they weren't prepared for. But one of my servers did her best to keep up while the other only came to take my order.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

WAMICON 2014 had its steering committee pre-conference dinner in a private room overlooking the Tampa Riverwalk. We had the choice of several menus from which to select before the event and we chose well for cocktail hors-d'ouvres, appetizers, entrees, desserts and wines. The service was excellent and personally I had one of the best filet mignon steaks for some time. Everybody in our group loved the food and service. I would particularly like to thank Saba, Yaroslava and Alina for their superb execution of our event.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We had dinner in the private dining room of the restaurant and the room is terribly blah with those boring banquet tables you see in hotel ballrooms. We ordered:

Mushroom Flatbread: too many not carmelized enough onions, bread ok, mushrooms good

Filet mignon- nice portion, bland meat, sauce good

Service was terrible. The waiters were never around to refill drinks and they couldn't even bring the right drinks to the right people nor the right food to the right people. It was only a small group. I expected more from the Marriott.

Bill H, Resident Manager at Waterside Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor in regards to your food and beverage experience. Please be assured that I have addressed your concerns with our food and beverage leadership team. If you have any further feedback or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

bill.heitzig@marriott.com

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I wanted to separately recognize Alina who had the lead in executing a flawless dinner reception for 30 of my top clients and a very important and prestigious guest speaker. She helped quickly reorganize the room to accommodate an interactive Q&A with our guest speaker Eric Greitens, a top 50 World Leader by Fortune magazine and named this year to the top 100 list of most influential people in the world by Time magazine. So let's just say this was a very important dinner and I could have not asked for better service and attention. Things were timed well to avoid interruptions and all food was presented very well and tasted great. My definition of success was that where absolutely zero service or food related issues that would have caused any of our guests to think of this other than a night they will never forget.

Alina, thank you tremendously for your professionalism and leadership with your team.

All the best!