“One of South Tampa's best kept secrets”
Review of German Bistro - CLOSED

German Bistro
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

Amazing food, beyond friendly and courteous staff, and biergarten music on the stereo. What a gem. We enjoyed sausage, scnitzel, spatzle, red cabbage and everything was so authentic. Did we mention the free beer? Great food, we will be back. Soon. Thanks Nick!

1  Thank JulieBee813

Reviewed 5 March 2013

"We don't have beer and wine license, so we offer them for free", we were told by the waitress/owner. What can be wrong about it?

Also, the food tastes great and authentic. It's pretty basic, but German food is not supposed to be fancy. Maybe not the most suitable place for a romantic dinner date, but it is definitely worth the visit.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

The German Bistro is honestly one of the best places I've been to for German food outside of Germany itself. I spent 6 years in Germany and had some of the best food they had to offer. It's been hard to find good German food since I returned but this place comes about as close as you can get. I've tried many other places and I can always find something I don't like about the food, but the German Bistro seems to make everything authentic and it brings me back to the days of being in Germany. Plus the free beer helps a lot!

Reviewed 11 January 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed the schnitzel, potato salad, and coleslaw, but other people in my group didn't like it as much. I didn't like the red cabbage... The hostess/waitress was super nice and conversational.

My dad has had schnitzel before and thought his was kind of bland.

1  Thank 1cutemonki
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We drove by several times before we going in one night. I was pleasantly surprised in how good the food was. The owner was very pleasant and took the time to speak to you. You get free appetizers and beer (St Paul's Girl). After speaking to the owner you are able to bring your own beer and wine if you want to. We have visited this restaurant twice in two weeks and is added to my favorites.

1  Thank Christine M