“Best BBQ in South Tampa”
Review of Ribit's Bar-B-Que - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ribit's Bar-B-Que
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Ribit's BBQ was established in 2009 in Old Hyde Park. It combines an old gas station and old school BBQ. Smoked to perfection Alabama style pork ribs.
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I've been going to Ribits since Bama' opened up the shop...but for some reason never tried to ribs...I don't know what I was thinking...I tried them yesterday...hands down the best ribs I have ever had in my life. Fall off the bone meat, huge servings, killer flavor, killer sauce...

2  Thank james f

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Was here this past Saturday to check this place out, one becasue I local supporting locals and two I have a Half Off Depot (which they denied me becasue of some issue with there being more sold than they had agreed to..whatever) Even if it had been free I still wouldn't have eaten it. They call this BBQ??? Horribly fatty..everything...tasted like a mix of propane gas & charchoal. The only thing I like (besides seeing them in my rearview mirror) was the mac & cheese and corn bread. Maybe this place is meant for the drunks who will eat anything at 1am..just saying! Save your money & time, don't eat here. I can't understand anyone that calls this good BBQ (that's an insult to real BBQ)

1  Thank kmatos
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I've enjoyed excellent food in the "BBQ Capitals" of this fine country (N.C. Kansas, Texas, etc.) But nothing comes even close to what Tony "Bama" serves up at Ribit in Tampa Florida. Smoked ribs, brisket, chicken, you name it. Best sauces including regular BBQ, Spicey, Vingery NC and a Tangy yellow sauce. The Slaw and Potato salads are equally awesome.

Ribit is as laid back as it gets. Housed in a converted gas station/garage and eating from picnic tables.

If you like great food and great people you have got to go to Ribit's. (I drove 4 hours each way and it was worth the trip).

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Checked the reviews when I saw a LivingSocial Deal for $20 so we decided to try this place out.

Upon arrival we were told 'Deal' was only good for main menu - so couldn't have daily special (6.99 for sandwich/chips/drink)... So ordered two sandwiches (pulled pork), one small slaw and one soda for $21.85!

Starting with the sandwiches; big globules of fat in both (we don't really like the texture of fat), and only a little smoke flavor to the meat. Slaw was excellent, vinegar based; not just the regular mayo and cabbage combination you find elsewhere. Choice of 4 BBQ sauces; hot, spicy, NC mustart/vinegar (a little too vinegary for my taste) and a sweet one (tasted like Kraft from the bottle according to wife)...

'Indoor seating' is one stand-up counter in middle of non-air conditioned room; this is also where sauces are located. Otherwise, during summer prepare for a VERY warm meal at a picnic table on the concrete out front. Ribit's is located on a corner lot with busy streets on two sides; one is S.Howard. Thankfully, there was a breeze the day we went so it keep the car/truck fumes away as well as provide a little respite from the heat emanating from the concrete.

I wouldn't recommend this place unless it was after we'd been drinking all night at a local bar (like the one across the street)...

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I'm just writing this because of the guy that gave this restaurant one star. First of all, I've been there several times and the service was fine. Its not a sit down restaurant and a friendly girl will take your order and give you your food, I dont know what else you expect. The BBQ is really good. Not the best Ive ever had but for the price its a good deal. I usually cant finish it all and have enough for another meal. Plus they have homemade sauces that are definitely five stars. Would give the restaurant 4 stars but I'm giving it 5 bc of the one star dude.