“One of "The Best"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Osteria Natalina
Ranked #123 of 2,356 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: This is THE authentic Italian restaurant in Tampa. Spartaco (owner) is amazing
Reno, Nevada
“One of "The Best"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

After searching out Italian restaurants in the Tampa area we selected "Osteria Natalina" for a party of 6. Upon entering you are warmly greeted by the owner, who we dubbed, "IL Commendatori." Now began the eating experience of a decade, from the service which is ever vigilant and mingled with witty banter to the menu which is creative and outstanding. The daily Lasanga special is a must. We were so impressed, we returned 2 nights later with a party of 10, 1 of which was native Italian. The accolades were unanimous. I would rate this restaurant as one of the finer dining experiences I have had. Do yourself a favor and make the pilgrimage to "Osteria Natalina" and say hello to "IL Commendatori."

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank tahoejk

Indianapolis, IN
“Excellent choice for authentic Italian food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

My wife and 4-year-old dined with me here while on vacation, based on the positive reviews seen here. We were definitely not disappointed. The service was spectacular, and we were greeted by the owner who saw to it that we were happy throughout the evening. He made special notice of our daughter, chatting with her and even surprising her with a complimentary dish of ice cream!

When I was inquiring about the menu, our server indicated that the chef could make anything....so if you wanted spaghetti & meatballs, gnocchi, etc. just ask. I did ask about the gnocchi, and the server noted that it was filled with cheese which hinted to me that the gnocchi is not made fresh onsite. I instead opted for the lasagna along with a side of meatballs.

ALL of the food was FANTASTIC. I was raised in an Italian family, and the meatballs and sauce were just like the ones I had as a kid. The lasagna was baked perfectly. Even the bread was fresh and delicious.

I will mention one part of the experience that was unsettling....upon entering the bathroom, I was greeted by a cockroach that was as big as my index finger. It was HUGE. I realize that just about every eatery will have critters running around, I'm not ignorant of it. But to see it just as I was ready to leave for the evening was a spoiler for me. Still, I can't deprive them of the five-star food quality and service.

Oh...almost forgot. Had the cannoli dessert, and it was also made perfectly.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank JoeA-Indianapolis
Tampa, Florida
“Quaint and good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

This is a local favorite for italian cuisine. It is rather small...like in tiny! The atmosphere is nice though. Make a reservation if you can, although I have popped in last minute and was able to secure a seat. The wait staff is attentive. They are accomodating as well. The fish is nice and the shellfish too. Pastas are homemade. Enjoy.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank susant771
Santa Barbara, California
“Every bit as good as the Trip Advisor reviews say!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

We went to Osteria Natalina for my wife's birthday this year. She found it here on Trip Advisor and read the reviews that mentioned the pear gorgonzola pasta purses and just had to try it. My parents and I were skeptical, as we've lived here in Tampa for a very long time and had never heard of this place, but we decided it was worth a try, and it absolutely did not disappoint.

The owner and server were every bit as friendly as advertised. I asked about a dish I used to enjoy when I was a child, and, even though it wasn't anywhere near the menu, they offered to make it for me. We ordered appetizers, dinner, dessert an wine, and it was all amazing. A bit on the pricey side, but definitely worth it.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jmoline
Cumming, Georgia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Everyone loved it!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

After reading so many positive reviews, I took a leap of faith and called Osteria Natalina (from Atlanta) to order some comfort food for my extended family in Tampa. Spartaco (the owner) did not disappoint with his service or his food! He put together the perfect menu for a small family gathering. The food was as delicious as it was abundant. "Everyone loved it!" All of the great reviews and praise are truly well deserved. I highly recommend them!

• Visited May 2012