“Kids day out”

Glazer Children's Museum
Ranked #24 of 196 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: Glazer Children's Museum is a 53,000 square foot facility in the heart of Downtown Tampa. Created specifically for children 10 and under, the Museum is a place where parents and children can learn through play and shared discovery. We offer 170 "interactivities" in 12 themed areas for families to explore and connect while having fun along the way.The Museum can be easily reached from anywhere in the Tampa Bay area. All themed areas on most exhibits are wheel chair accessible.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Kids day out”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Took friends kids out for the day and they really enjoyed themselves. I was happy to see kids be kids..although some kids needed supervision, this was/is a kids place to enjoy themselves..Everything seem to be working fine.. I think a lil pricy but there are discount tickets out there.. My main concern is cleaning..I really hope they wipe everything down at days end.. overall recommended for kids to run around and have fun.

2 Thank Jose T

Dunedin, Florida
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“No supervision, not a lot of items in working order.”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We took our visiting grandchildren, and thankfully we had discounted tickets! If I had had to pay full price I would have been upset, as it was,m I was still upset, but the reduced price tempered some of it. Many of the "hands on" exhibits did not work, and those that did operated sporadically. A couple of the "attractions" were piloting a cruise ship, and piloting an airplane. If one child was operating either, there was only the one terminal, thus many children didn't get any opportunity to try, especially when the child using the only working console kept restarting, over and over. Why aren't there multiple terminals? Paper airplane construction was a joke...the directions were totally off the wall, (neither of my granddaughters could figure out what was being shown) and the paper offered was completely unacceptable to plane building. "Flight testing" was another exercise in futility, and when they got to the "launch" area, again, the equipment didn't work, and when it finally started, the paper offered would not allow the plane to launch. Will we go again? No...definitely not worth it!!

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Kenneth H
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“enter at your own risk......”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I took our three grandchildren to this museum several days ago. I had read many good things about it and felt we might be discovering another of Tampas treasures...Well, it was total chaos the entire time we were there. Children of all ages were running every which way. Where were the parents you might ask...well, many of them were having conversations with other adults along the sidelines...nowhere near their children...leaving the little sweethearts to the four winds. I noted one of the rules of the museum was that adults must stay with their children at all times. There was no enforcing of this rule at all.
Well, my grandchildren waited on line for a racing type game, when children of various ages kept trying to cut in front of the line...causing some children to fall as they were being pushed. I need to mention that I am in a wheelchair...and yes, the museum is fully accessible. On two separate instances, two children about 8 or 9 years old climbed over my wheelchair leg to cut the line. I told them, each time where the line formed and both times a mother came running over to me to tell me these lovely comments: (1)"You should leave now...this is not for you in the wheelchair...it is for kids and you have no right to be here" I had prevented this womans child from falling and hitting his head into a wall when he tried to run in front of the next child on line. (2)the second lad told me I had no right talking to her son(which again was to prevent him from falling on another child) and she told me she wished she could hit my "fat-a__ed face".
In all of my years, going to many cultural exhibits all over the country with my family, I have never encountered such rudeness amongst the patrons...I would recommend that about 70 % of the visitors that day belonged behind a cage in the Lowry Park zoo. Where are the staff of this museum to assist with the totally unruly kids and parents who come there.
I finally did find someone in the administration of this facility, who was very apologetic and said she saw for herself several instances of what I encountered,,,and she was nice enough to give us 5 passes for a future visit...However, that visit was the first and last...I would not even attempt to come back a second time...the experience was that horrible. My grandchildren were pushed along thru most exhibits, and many of them were not in working order. Perhaps they need to have more staff and supervision to uphold the rules of the museum....Tampa has many wonderful museums, and I fault this one for lacking the supervision of the many "animals" that come to visit...so please, beware and enter at your own risk.

Visited June 2014
17 Thank oahudog
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Germ city”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

This place is not worth the money. The exhibits are crappy, most don't work, kids run around with no respect for others, And there is no one there to keep order or clean the toys after each child uses them. Will not be going back.

5 Thank Osy1987
Markham, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“pretty good”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is one of the newer children museums I have visited. I think it is newly built so the fixtures are comparatively cleaner newer and more contemporary. Though not a very large one but I see quality an thoughtfulness there. Parents with small children should also enjoy the exhibits.

Visited June 2014

Been to Glazer Children's Museum? Share your experiences!