“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #122 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa, Florida
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I am a long-term lodger here. I am new to the area, and have no family, and I do not know very many people in this area. I had car trouble, and Kim assisted me by physically pushing my car to a different parking spot so she could assist me in trying to give my car a jump start with her car.

Sarai was a huge help, as well. She gave me a ride to work, and assisted me all day in trying to get the necessary part for my car and getting my car repaired.

This is definately going above and beyond the call of duty, because, this was a personal issue, and the staff didn't have to accomodate me, but they did!

This gives me a feeling of community in my temporary home, and makes me feel more secure and comfortable staying there.

I would definately recommend this place either short-term, or long-term to anybody!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Oldsmar, Florida
Reviewed 19 January 2014

THANK YOU for continuing to be a chain that allows people to have their pet(s) with them! We had no idea how difficult and expensive this had become (as we'd been out of the U.S. for 15 years). Thank you also for providing 'kitchenettes' and kitchenware/supplies; we ate-in all 7 nights, reducing our stress levels and helping, financially.
Along with reasonable pricing, being a 'home away from home' (and for us, 'home is where the cats are') was 'key' in our decision to book at Extended Stay while relocating to Tampa from overseas. We will forever be grateful that by meeting our needs, you've garnered future endorsements and gained our repeat business should need arise in the future.

Room Tip: Room 156 (up a small flight of stairs) was perhaps the quietest hotel room we've had in a year t...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The staff and I are happy to hear that you enjoyed our pet friendly-hotel with fully equipped kitchens inside of our spacious suites at a great value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
tampa
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Home away from home. the price and the hotel exceeded our. expectations. Friendly staff meet all our needs quickly and professionally. I enjoyed using the gas grill and cooking meals i would cook at home. I will definitely stay at this hotel,my next visit to this area.

• Stayed January 2014
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The staff are friendly and professional ! Will recommend and definitely come back! love using the gas grill. staff were attentive and a pleasure to deal with. I will recommend this hotel to family and friends. Both the cost and the comforts we experienced where the best we have had.

• Stayed January 2014
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed 2 months without incident. A couple moved into the room next door with a very lively dog that barked incessantly morning noon & night. We complained & were told the dog could stay & if we didn't like it, we could leave. The clerk behind the desk called the police & had us escorted from the property. We lodged complaints with the corporate office (NC), to no avail. This happened when the hotel was Homestead Suites. I would never, ever recommend this hotel to anyone. They should be ashamed of themselves.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank faithcouragewisdom
Manchester
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

We had to stay here for a month while waiting for our apartment to be finished. The staff were completely incompetent, at times we received no housekeeping at all - going 10 days without our sheets and towels being changed. We received an important package at the hotel, and made enquiries 3 times as to its whereabouts as we knew it had been delivered via the tracking - then on the 4th day of asking, a different girl told me theyd sent it back to the post office! Need to do printing!? Forget it. There are laundry facilities but no change machine and strange activities occuring the laundry room. The internet frequently went dead, which for me was a nightmare while trying to complete online testing. If you are needing reliable services - don't stay here.

• Stayed November 2013
Albertville, Alabama
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I am very pleased with my stay. Other comments made me skeptical. No bugs whatsoever. Great daily rate for a months stay. Cold A/C, new Flat screen TV, new refrigerator. Room not too big or small, just right. Close to the airport and a quick toll road, many places to eat, nice shopping at International Plaza Mall. Real close to walmart and Publix grocery stores. Went to St Pete Beach this weekend, only 15 minutes away. I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jerry H
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Hi Jerry,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our accommodations as well as our staff. I will be sure to let all my associates know about your positive comments. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope you continue to choose us for your lodging needs whenever you travel!