Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport
Ranked #129 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We chose this hotel because we had a late flight and only needed a good night's sleep before driving to Naples. Costumer service was awful at check-in, the closet door was broken, the bed was not made (stains and hairs in it), the bathtub dripped, the garbage was not emptied, etc. etc. Since the phone did not work, I had to go to the front desk for clean sheets to change myself. Then we discovered the pipes were knocking, and knocking, and knocking. Luckily we had ear plugs. The woman at check-out was the only good thing about the stay. Was happy to leave that place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Titanka9
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Tampa - North Airport

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Major issues,still waiting for full resolution. department of health should shut down this property. Pit bulls, backed up toilet, filthy pots n pans, questionable element, very difficult to find, not stocked for "extended stay" (dishes, bedding for pull out missing, all eating implements under stocked etc. list goes on.. Mgmt failed to follow thru and left us NOT knowing where to go and without a room.....

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Blesski
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived today in the very early morning (5:30 am) after driving for 5 hours from Miami. We had made the reservation VIA hotels.com the previous day. When we arrived, the front desk agent Larry stated that he couldn't find our reservation and he was "sold out" on rooms. After a call to hotels.com, we went back inside and Larry was miraculously able to find the reservation as well as the room. This is completely unacceptable and unprofessional and the last thing that we wanted to deal with after driving for 5 hours. When we went to the roo., it smelled like someone had smoked an entire pack of cigarettes in the room. My throat is still hurting from smelling that throughout the night. I felt disgusted sleeping in that bed as it didn't feel or smell clean. The bath tub was very dirty. The walls too. Would it hurt to paint the walls at least? The only reason why we stayed here is because everything else was sold out due to spring break. I've only stayed at extended America twice. First experience was absolutely horrible. I decided to give the second chance, and I have realized that was a great mistake. You will never have another of my dollars as I would rather sleep in my clean car than one of your disgusting rooms. This one really sealed the deal. The only ray of sunshine during our stay was front office agent Kimberly. She was so sweet when I called down for toothpaste and even went to deliver it to my room with a smile. Oh, and how can you NOT offer shower caps?? It says it in the name.. EXTENDED STAY... how can you have an "extended stay" without such a basic amenity? Definitely going to spread the word everywhere about this horrible property and hotel chain. Kimberly, I recommend for you to find a better hotel chain to work for. You are too good to work for a hotel chain that doesn't care about their property!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Loaine M
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Booked through Booking.com. 1st room 152 was not cleaned from the previous guest. Garbage & bed undone. 2nd room nasty. Cockroaches, carpet, smoke smell. Plain disgusting. The noise from the airplanes was very noticeable. See the pictures. Would rate no star if I could.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Happy_Camper_EM1
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This is a pretty nice hotel for the money you pay. It has accommodations that make being in a hotel for long periods of time more tolerable. My rooms was very clean and the staff were AWESOME!!! They even had a grill guests could use to cook out, this may seem like a small thing but after being on the road for 2 months and nice steak grilled out was just what the doctor ordered. Full size fridge, 2 burner cook top, microwave and even a nice 32" LG flat screen. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone needing a fairly decently price room long term.
Its also about a 15 minute drive to Clearwater beach (amazing sandy beaches) and close to the Yankees and Phillies spring training facilities.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I recently stayed at this Extended Stay America for 4 months and I had a great experience. The room was very clean and staff was very friendly. I received great service during my entire stay. The manager was great! I had a couple of requests that he promptly handled. I also witnessed him on more than one occasion handle difficult situations and customers with proffesionalism and courtesy that was outstanding. The rate was very competitive also. I would recommend this location to anyone traveling to Tampa and needs lodging.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We booked a non smoking room as it's one of our pet hates. Arrived at the hotel and duly signed the non smoking agreement only to find our room absolutely stunk of stale cigarette smoke. It was ingrained in everything which is a shame as it wasn't a bad room. The carpet needed a clean by the door but the bed was comfy and the location great. When we left our clothes and hair smelt of the stale cigarette smoke which wasn't pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple