“Clean...no frills...worn.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #120 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Harrisburg
“Clean...no frills...worn.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Booked this place for 3 nights for a recent trip to Tampa. Pros: was cheap as part of a flight/hotel/rental car package. It was clean, and the staff was friendly. Full size fridge in room, with stove & microwave. Cons: very worn rooms, small room, noise from the airport, adjacent interstate and main roadway. Also no pool. Probably ok if you're on a budget and want a place to lay your head and might want the convenience of a kitchen. Definitely no frills. Not really for vacationers or business, probably good for a work crew.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I agree with the other reviewers on this hotel, you know you are in trouble when there is a toilet plunger in every room! I usually stay at an Extended Stay a few exits south on the Veteran's Highway. This time, the other Extended Stay said they had remodeled the hotel and doubled their rates, so I booked at this one for $48 a night--what a mistake. We booked the room for a week. We endured Room 250 on the second floor for two nights and then could no longer take the stench. Everything in the room was coated with dirt and grime. When you flushed the toilet you had to use the plunger or it would not flush. The tile floors and bathtub were dirty and grimy. The pull-out couch had a layer of dirt. We went to the desk on the second night and requested to switch to another room and were given Room 200, right below the other one. This room was a little cleaner, but still very dirty. The couch was about the same. In both rooms, we listened to the piping in the ceiling clank and groan all night long, and keeping us awake. This hotel is also at the end of the Tampa Airport runway, with lots of noise from jets as they took off. I can not list all the deficiencies with these rooms. Really crazy, when I attempted to check out two days early the desk person said that if I did not stay the full seven days we signed up for, we would have to pay an additional $5 per night for the time we stayed. Crazy when they could have probably rented our room for $69 on the nightly rate.
When I returned home I gave the hotel a lousy rating on a survey they sent. I received an email from the manager saying he was sorry and asking me to give him a call. When I called him he took two nights off our stay. I mentioned the piping and dirty furniture and he said he already knew about those and hoped to have it fixed soon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kaiserdr
las vegas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I could not use the AC/heat because it smelled of mold. The carpet was very warn and dirty. The bathroom was just disgusting. The shower had black mold and the toilet leaked on the floor. The bathroom walls were painted in the worlds ugliest yellowish brown color with all the repairs made in mismatched paint. Very poor maintenance repairs made though out the whole room. Hard enough to sleep in a room that feels this nasty but the bed also sagged badly in the center. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank kidslicky
Rochester, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Room was old and worn. Non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke. Had to keep windows open to get fresh air and breathe. Hotel is close to the ghetto. Tons of Tattoo shops and massage parlors right down the street. Security latches falling off the doors. The only good thing about this place was the Wifi worked well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CompGuy
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

We chose this hotel because we had a late flight and only needed a good night's sleep before driving to Naples. Costumer service was awful at check-in, the closet door was broken, the bed was not made (stains and hairs in it), the bathtub dripped, the garbage was not emptied, etc. etc. Since the phone did not work, I had to go to the front desk for clean sheets to change myself. Then we discovered the pipes were knocking, and knocking, and knocking. Luckily we had ear plugs. The woman at check-out was the only good thing about the stay. Was happy to leave that place.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Titanka9
NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Major issues,still waiting for full resolution. department of health should shut down this property. Pit bulls, backed up toilet, filthy pots n pans, questionable element, very difficult to find, not stocked for "extended stay" (dishes, bedding for pull out missing, all eating implements under stocked etc. list goes on.. Mgmt failed to follow thru and left us NOT knowing where to go and without a room.....

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Blesski
Hialeah Gardens, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived today in the very early morning (5:30 am) after driving for 5 hours from Miami. We had made the reservation VIA hotels.com the previous day. When we arrived, the front desk agent Larry stated that he couldn't find our reservation and he was "sold out" on rooms. After a call to hotels.com, we went back inside and Larry was miraculously able to find the reservation as well as the room. This is completely unacceptable and unprofessional and the last thing that we wanted to deal with after driving for 5 hours. When we went to the roo., it smelled like someone had smoked an entire pack of cigarettes in the room. My throat is still hurting from smelling that throughout the night. I felt disgusted sleeping in that bed as it didn't feel or smell clean. The bath tub was very dirty. The walls too. Would it hurt to paint the walls at least? The only reason why we stayed here is because everything else was sold out due to spring break. I've only stayed at extended America twice. First experience was absolutely horrible. I decided to give the second chance, and I have realized that was a great mistake. You will never have another of my dollars as I would rather sleep in my clean car than one of your disgusting rooms. This one really sealed the deal. The only ray of sunshine during our stay was front office agent Kimberly. She was so sweet when I called down for toothpaste and even went to deliver it to my room with a smile. Oh, and how can you NOT offer shower caps?? It says it in the name.. EXTENDED STAY... how can you have an "extended stay" without such a basic amenity? Definitely going to spread the word everywhere about this horrible property and hotel chain. Kimberly, I recommend for you to find a better hotel chain to work for. You are too good to work for a hotel chain that doesn't care about their property!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends