1,576 results
All reviews double tree warm cookies rocky point bahama breeze clearwater beach pool area breakfast buffet rooms are large business trip close to the airport easy access living room great room the shuttle driver hotel shuttle bed was comfortable upon check
Reviewed 6 September 2012

My husband and I booked a few night here after our cruise. We checked in and quickly showered to meet up ith a cousin. Exhausted when we got back we kicked back and relaxed.Room was very clean and had everything we could possibly need for our stay. We had the breakfast buffet the next morning that the hotel offered. It was delicious. I am not an egg eater but the fruit, waffles, bacon etc. was very good. My husband enjoyed his selections as well. There is not alot to do in walking distance which was fine because we enjoyed the pool the entire day!!! It was heaven. Later that evening , we took a leisurely walk to Bahama Breeze for dinner. We worried about scheduling the airport shuttle for the next morning...told no reservations were needed. We woke up and reluctantly went to the lobby for the shuttle. The shuttle drvier was on time an very friendly.....a wonderful stay at the Doubletree!

Date of stay: March 2012
2  Thank travlmaniac
8137398812, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our friendly customer service and delicious breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

I stay in a lot of hotels so I have a lot of comparables. This hotel is sad. It is in a nice location in Tampa with decent views but most of the guest rooms views are blocked so that effect is ruined. The hotel needs a facelift. The walls are stained and dingy, the carpet are worn thin and stained. The rooms are poorly played out and seriously outdated. No outlets anywhere. Room service is rude and lazy. Was made to feel ridiculous for ordering a pot of coffee, they were so rude I ended up complaining to the manager(to no avail). Hilton hotels has been rapidly declining the past few years and I think its about time I leave them altogether.

Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank hairydawg78

Thank you for your feedback. While we are never happy to get negative feedback, we realize that it is the only way we can judge our performance. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I have addressed our Housekeeping and Room Service departments about the issues you shared. We will also begin our full renovation within the next several months. We hope you will give us another try next time you are in Tampa. We take great pride in the service we offer our guests and would love the chance to show you what a great hotel we are.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

This was a very nice hotel with great views and extra spacious rooms. Enjoyed a very relaxing nights sleep here. The staff was helpful with the local area and we had an easy time finding our way around. We were not familiar with area and I would say we spent a lot of time "traveling" across the bridge and driving to the beach area, so I would probably stay closer to the beaches next time. This hotel was not far from the airport and close to the historic area of old tampa bay which was nice for the evenings.

Date of stay: June 2012
1  Thank dawn2281
Reviewed 1 September 2012

The hotel's location is only what I can say about this hotel.. Beautiful view of the tampa bay..
Close to main business and shopping areas in downtown Tampa..
Main attractions are within 15 to 20 minutes by car..
The food in the restaurant is OK, we prefered to go out and eat out, there is a nice restaurant on the water near by, just across the main road..IHOP is also close, on Spruce Street, about 5 minutes by car..
The room had no view and was depressing near some business building, it is good for sleeping and watching TV..
This we were staying 10 days, tried to move to another hotel but there was no availability for the duration of our stay. So, we were stock and stayed there.

Room tip: A room with a view of the Bay.
Date of stay: July 2012
1  Thank SetiTheFirst
8137398812, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate all our guests’ comments. I apologize for the experience you had. Unfortunately not all of our rooms have the spectacular view we would like them to have. Most of our rooms do have great views of the bay, pool, and surrounding area. If you find yourself in the Tampa area again, I would love to have you stay with us again and provide you with one of our rooms with a spectacular view. You can contact me directly anytime at 813-888-8800.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Nice suite rooms, free parking and wifi, hassle free check in, help with bags in the parking, great service, good rate and conveniently located near airport. The property is very well kept despite the fact that it is at least 80's vintage.

Date of stay: July 2012
1  Thank jabnolla

Thank you so much for your kind reviewl! We appreciate our guests’ feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We do take great pride in the product we provide to our guests and in turn are proud of our service scores. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Tampa.