“Service is Why I Always Choose Doubletree!”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay
Ranked #24 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Sugar Grove, Illinois
“Service is Why I Always Choose Doubletree!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed here during Spring Break-great location just about 25 minutes East of Clearwater Beach, but it also turned out to be a bit of a traffic nightmare. Any other time of the year, it would not be an issue. Rooms were clean and large. Front desk staff superb to every request and question. Pool area nice, clean pool, and water temp was just right. There is no bar service out by the pool which would of been an added plus and would of kept us there longer, but for someone reason they don't. For the money, service, location, service, you can't go wrong. Two big time bars literally across the street, Hogans Beach and Whiskey Jacks. I-275 is just 5 minutes away too.

• Stayed March 2013
8137398812, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit as always and experienced our excellent customer service. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in Tampa.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New Albany, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

Very dated and worn out facitilty. First room had big fresh stain on bed covering. Second room had stains on couches and floor. There was a hole in the countertop in bathroom with no apparent reason. Sink in bathroom would not drain. We didn't feel comfortable, and we certainly didn'f feel it was worth the money they charged.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
I'm so sorry to hear that your experience with us was not up to what you expected nor ours. Thank you for alerting us to the maintenance and housekeeping issues so we can quickly resolve them and ensure future guests' comfort. We value your business and hope we'll have the opportunity to serve you again. If I can be of any additional service, certainly let me know.

Kind regards.
West Pittston, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

This hotel was everything you would expect from a Double Tree hotel. I stayed there for one night with my family. The suite was large, clean and comfortable. Nice view of the water. The restaurant was nice, enjoyed a buffet breakfast. That was a little on the high side as far as price went but not outside of what you would typically find. Overall, this was a very good hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that we met your expectations. I apologize for price of the breakfast buffet but we are competitively priced. I hope next time you are in Tampa, you will give us another opportunity.
Jacksonville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

The staff at this hotel needs to go through a customer service course. It is pitiful! The first room had bed bugs & my daughter-in-law got a bite on her, the hotel acted as if it was no big deal! The prices at the hotel are ridiculously high! A bowl of cereal was $7.00. I think with the cost of the hotel they could offer a breakfast. I was here for a week, checked out a day early because I was just fed up with the hotel! This hotel seriously needs an update! Poor beds!
The location was perfect but I would rather drive than deal with this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else until the hotel is updated!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
8137398812, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
We sincerely apologize for the very fortunate experience you had during you stay at our hotel. We appreciate that you brought this to our attention and can assure you that we truly do care about all of our guests comfort, health and safety. Our pest control company has address the situation and were reviewing your comments with our team. We value your business and if we can help anyway, please let us know

Kind regards.
Aberdeen, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

Room size is great, housekeeping was great, hotel was quiet, front desk was "nice" but really didn't come off as sincere. I made my reservation in advance & also paid in advance we paid Extra for a Bay view. When we arrived we got a pool view and partial Bay view. Sadly the windows were SO CLOUDY you really had NO VEIW. When I went to the front desk to ask about this poor view through cloudy windows she simply said "yes that is the bay view" I said I was very disappointed and she simply stated "sorry to hear that." No attempt to fix this and make it right.

We had to keep fixing the toilet because it kept running, even having to get up in the middle of the night to fix it. We didn't bother to report the toilet based on the assumption that they didn't care that we paid for a view we didn't receive surly they would not care about the toilet. I was disappointed enough that I will not return there simply because I do feel cheated out of my money.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
8137398812, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
We really dropped the ball, Larjly. I'm so sorry to hear about the service and maintenance issues you received. This is not consistent with our typically accommodating staff and quality facilities. Please know that these concerns have been addressed and I invite you to contact us so we can help make things right.

Kind regards,
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

This hotel is so old the room refrigerators aren't frost-free.

Okay, just kidding, the hotel is indeed one of the older ones in the chain yet it's still in good condition ... but the fridge in our room was in fact not frost-free. It had two inches of ice in it!

We've stayed here many times over the years and love the location, on the Tampa side of the Courtney-Campbell Causeway near all the Westshore area restaurants and the airport, yet close enough for an easy drive to Safety Harbor, Clearwater and Dunedin. However, the property, while generally well-maintained, is getting a little long in the tooth. It's due for a MAJOR renovation. Close it, gut it and re-do it completely to bring it up to Hilton brand standards.

We were upgraded to a conference room suite -- lots of extra room and an extra half bath, plus a table for eight.

The breakfasts here are great. Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors members get the cold buffet free; the upgrade to the full hot breakfast with made-to-order omelets is $5.

The rate we paid (around $185 a night including taxes) is a bit high for what you get, though we did stay in peak season.

1 Thank LanSluderBelize
Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit. We do take pride in the product we provide to our great service scores. I apologize for the ice build up in the refrigerator. I have addressed our Executive Housekeeper to ensure our housekeeping staff is serving the rooms appropriately.
Waverly, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

There are pros and cons of everything in life. Cons: no room service for 2 days, bed was uncomfortable (for me, at least. I ended up going and buying some foam pads from Walmart), limited menu, nothing within walking distance. Pros: reasonably priced, Clearwater beaches within minutes, Spring training for Phillies, Yankees and Blue Jays all close by, quiet location, quiet stay even though it was spring break time (our hotel was not on the beach so there weren't a bunch of college students), food was delicious, free parking, Clearwater Marine close by (home of Winter the Dolphin) and Dolphins swam in the bay EVERY SINGLE DAY! (it was awesome - they just swam around and hung out for hours). We were in room 529 - great view of the bay. We had a 2 room suite with a microwave and mini fridge. We would stay there again, definitely.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you on your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with the discomfort of the bed. I hope the next time you are in Tampa, you will give us another opportunity.