DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay
  • Breakfast included
US$205
US$152
US$111
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
US$178
US$122
US$189
US$159
Travelocity
1,447 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesrocky pointbahama breezeclearwater beachbreakfast buffetpool arearooms are largebusiness tripclose to the airporteasy accessliving roomthe shuttle drivergreat roomhotel shuttlebed was comfortableupon check
Reviewed 21 November 2013

the double tree in Tampa has very friendly staff, the rooms are clean and you feel at home. The motel is located right on the water, we seen dolphins and a manatee out our window. It was nice to sit outside in the evening and watch for fish and dolphins. The pool is also very nice, this would be a great place to bring your children. the staff is very nice and are willing to please.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

First, I recognize that this property is undergoing rennovations. However, I do not believe this was made evident to me when booking the room. When rennovations are this extensive, I recommend closing the property. I stayed here about a year ago and my stay was excellent. This is why I booked the room again here. This stay was terrible. Aside from the rennovation issues, the room I was given was extremely noisy from some mechanical system. Enough so that it woke me up several times. I asked that it be checked Friday morning and upon returning to my room later that night 10-12 hours later, the noise was still there and nothing was done about it. I was moved into a room right adjacent to the elevator which was also very noisy. Additionally, the quality of this room was poor at best. Loose bathroom fixtures, dirty bathroom, etc. Also, in both rooms, the internet was awful. Extremely slow and would just stop for minutes at a time making it nearly impossible to get any work done. Overall, really disappointed and cut my stay short one night. As a Hilton Diamond member, I expect better.

3  Thank Steven C
8137398812, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Steven C.

We're so excited about our cosmetic updates but are also mindful of our guests' comfort. We're working really hard to ensure the renovation construction is not disruptive and appreciate your feedback. Your review will helps reevaluate our daily processes and ensure we're doing all we can to ensure our rooms are in perfect condition. We hope we can invite you back once our renovations are complete and gather additional feedback about our changes.

Best regards,

Ben Howell

Reviewed 18 November 2013

The hotel was under construction which made some services difficult. The staff was courteous and efficient. The food was pretty good, but things like 1 out of 5 strawberries had significant mold on them is not a good way to present food. The smell of formaldehyde is not pleasant to me, and I would suggest airing carpets out a week before laying them down. Umbrellas would have been nice to help us to get to cars in the parking lot, since the carport was not available. Providing a freezer in the checkout area for preventing swelling following surgery was a great concept and appreciated.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The hotel was a nice experience. It was being remodeled at the time of my visit but it still was an excellent choice. The hotel's location was close to the airport and attractions in Tampa. The shuttle was available to take us anywhere we needed to go. The staff was always helpful and polite. I highly recommed this hotel to anyone who happens to be staying in the Tampa, St. Petersburg, or Clearwater areas. The hotel also has a wonderful view of the bay. It is a great spot to get away from it all.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed here for a family wedding that was nearby. We got there after a long day at Busch Gardens, which was almost one hour away with traffic. Our room was ready and it was a 2 room suite. Easily accomidated our family. Room was clean, needed more towels and shampoo and this was delivered with a smile moments after our call. Michelle at the front desk is a keeper.
Next morning, many family members ate here and said the food was reasonable and good. We hung by the pool all day and had sandwiches and kids had pizza. Lovely view of the bay.
After the wedding, we were back at 11 pm. The bartender was closing, but said he would open if we wanted to have a drink and he did. Nice touch. No food at that hour, but from a nearby pizza place . Able to sit outside by the pool with our cooler and security reminded us that as long as we were quiet, we were welcome to stay. This was great because it gave family members a chance to catch up. The only downside is the location. It is on a separate island (not really) but close and so no 7-11 to run to nearby. But some great places to eat in the area. We enjoyed Hogans across the street and there is another place with food and outdoor fireplaces and a beach setting that looked like fun.

Room Tip: Hotel is under construction. Lobby and parking drop off is a bit tricky