“Good Room - Good Location - Would Stay Again”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay
Ranked #26 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Husband and I just stayed here for one night on a Saturday while celebrating a birthday party over at Hogan's Beach. We arrived around 10am and they had a room ready on the first floor, but for $8 more we upgraded to a bay view room on the 4th floor. This was the only bad part of the stay. While you could technically see the bay from our room, the trees in front of the window blocked it all for the most part. I almost asked for the upgrade fee to be waived but didn't bother with it.
Pool area was clean and well kept, we went twice during the day and once at night and never had a problem finding a chair. During the day they did provide drink/food service at the pool and did provide towels.
We didn't eat at the restaurant but it did look nice. It overlooked the pool and was flooded with natural light.

Our room was nice, clean, extremely spacious, the bathroom was nice and the bed was comfortable. I liked that the rooms had blackout curtains. There is no kitchen in the room, only a small wet bar area with a sink and mini fridge.

It's walking distance to a few restaurants, Bahama Breeze, Hogan's Beach and Whiskey Joes. Whiskey Joes is an AWESOME place to go to at night as it's on the water, they have an outdoor bar and firepits outside. Fabulously recommended.

If I were back in the area for an overnight, I'd definitely consider this place for a stay. It's also convenient for airport guests as they provide shuttle service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LeeshaLJ

Reviewed 19 May 2014

On a recent business trip I stayed at DoubleTree Suites on Rocky Point Drive, in Tampa. From check in, to check out, everybody was extremely helpful, kind , and very friendly. I met, and became friends with Christina, the bartender. What a great lady! I can't wait to get back to Tampa and stay there again.

1  Thank Geno L
Chellie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Good Day Geno L,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Tampa. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and that every interaction you had was an excellent one. We will also make sure to share your comments regarding Christine, the bartender. We agree, she is awesome! We look forward to your future stays with us, and have a wonderful day! We will see you soon.

Kindly,

Chellie M.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The AC unit inside of the rooms were the absolute loudest that I have ever experienced at a hotel. They are highly disruptive and erratic. Also, I find it very odd that this hotel allows local businesses to slip MANY flyers under the doors, every day. Some days I had as many as 4-5 flyers under my door, which gets to be annoying during a long stay. The door handle on my room was on the verge of being broken, and I had to check it multiple times before leaving, to ensure that it was locked (sometimes it was not).

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The suite was very spacious. We needed an extra chair because we were celebrating our sons graduation and had extra people. I called the front desk and within 20 minutes a staff member brought up an extra chair. Beautiful pool.... weather was bad so we didn't get to enjoy it but we will be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We had our wedding here and it was perfect! The staff was very professional, friendly and helpful. The food was amazing but they did clear the tables too fast from the cake! And all of the rooms are large and spacious especially the suite! The hotel has a great location, very close to the airport which they have a free shuttle. Right across from the hotel is a small beach but only a short distance from Clearwater Beach. I would definitely recommend as a venue for a party or even if just coming into town for vacation or business.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We are members of AARP and the value of the room was excellent. However, some items we left in the room to use while we were there were taken and nobody said they took the items by mistake. I also left a travel pillow in the room when I left, but nobody found it. These are not valuable items, but it's just the idea that someone who works at a Hilton hotel would take something that belongs to the guest who brought it to the room. When a guest is spending more than one night in a room, housekeeping should make the bed, empty the trash cans and replace the towels that have been used. Housekeeping should not take bags of items that belong to a guest.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Chellie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Good Afternoon Bonnie S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to the Tampa Bay area, and for providing your feedback regarding your stay. I'm so happy to hear that you value the hotel. I certainly understand your frustration, however, with the items in your room. I would like to assist you personally with this. Therefore, please feel free to email me directly at Chellie.McCardle2@hilton.com so we may further discuss it. Thank you again for your comments, and have a wonderful evening.

Chellie McCardle
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great place to stay for business if you're either in Clearwater or Tampa as it's perfectly located right at the Tampa end of route 60 causeway. Nice shaded outside area close to the pool for doing work or just relaxing. comfortable rooms - my only dig is the flat screen TVs are some weird brand and look like they were bought on the cheap