“Tampa Bay DoubleTree”

Ranked #24 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Carmel, United States
“Tampa Bay DoubleTree”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The remodel is very nice. Bathroom upgrades very nice. Still some work to do on carpet. Hotel much better than my last stay May 2013. Perfect location for business. Close to airport but not too close. 30 min from Clearwater Beach. Staff very friendly. Pool nice. View of Bay wonderful.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Oakton, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I found this hotel to have extremely helpful staff, beautiful views of the Bay, and comfortable and clean rooms. They are currently (May 2014) providing a makeover to the lobby and I assume the rooms. I was able to easily drive to other locations in Tampa.

1 Thank Matthew D
Stuart, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was horrified by the state of the room, see pictures below. The phone looked like it had never been cleaned, or perhaps a recent guest vomited on it. Headboard for bed was dirty and torn. Missing tiles and rust in the bathroom. Sink was clogged and never resolved even after repeated calls down to have someone come fix it. The maintenance guy did come by while I was out and left a card thanking me for alerting them to the problem and invited me to come get a cookie. Cookies are nice, but what would be even better is a sink that doesn't overflow onto the floor while shaving.

I see another review that said housekeeping did a great job of providing fresh towels each day... yes I guess if that is your standard, then they did a great job. Too bad the room was so filthy and poorly maintained.

No executive lounge.

I went down for breakfast one day and 90% of the bacon was completely uncooked, i.e. RAW.
After bringing it to their attention, I was told nobody ever complains about that. I asked for a few pieces of bacon that had been cooked and they brought some that had been microwaved to scalding hot that was like beef jerky. I guess that's how they deal with problem guests that complain about the raw bacon. I skipped breakfast the 2nd day, even though it was included free with the room.

I am a diamond member with Hilton and this is the worst Doubletree I have EVER seen.

1 Thank David K
Chellie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Good Evening David K,

Thank you for posting your feedback and the pictures of your guest room and view. As a loyal rewards member and our guest, we take great pride in ensuring guests have a great experience. We are working with our departments to ensure that rooms and services are meeting our expectations. We are also reviewing our dining options and will strive to only provide the best quality options. Please feel free to contact us directly with any additional comments or concerns and we hope you'll consider giving us another chance to serve you for a better experience.

Tallahassee, Florida, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I spent approximately three days at this hotel. Room was clean and well kept. Breakfast (included with my stay) was good; however, service at the breakfast was only "acceptable".

While I didn't use the pool, I did spend time poolside. The view was very nice and the area was well kept. They had problems keeping the local water fowl out of the pool, but put up a valiant effort.

They are currently performing renovations at the front of the hotel, so the initial "curb appeal" is less than desirable; however, the floor I was on was just fine.

Room Tip: The room I had was a parking lot view. You may want to ask for a waterside view; however, I don'...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Chellie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Good Afternoon Bruce L,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay with us. It seems that you enjoyed your stay, and we are so delighted to hear that and will share that information with the team. We will also foward your feedback regarding the breakfast service to our Food and Beverage Director for review. We greatly appreciate your comments and hope to see you again in the future. Thank you for staying with us.

Kindly,

Montgomery, AL, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had great service while we stayed at the Double Tree at Tampa Bay. Everyone was very caring and honestly concerned about how I was doing after I had surgery. Everyone always had a smile on their face. The bed was very comfortable and housekeeping did a great job cleaning the room and providing new towels every day. I would consider staying here again.

Tampa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

The property was exceptional clean and beautiful. The view of the Bay was phenomenal as well as the location to the airport. The entire environment was superb! It was an ideal property for guests attending the wedding at the Rusty Pelican Restaurant. The staff was most gracious and kind.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

allentown, pa, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

nice hotel. the TV in my room wasnt working and it wasnt replaced as it should have been. I called 2 times and told them to replace it but nothing was done. The room was 729 and I stayed their 2 nights

1 Thank Keith A J
Chellie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Good Afternoon Keith AJ,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently during your visit to the Tampa Bay Area. I apologize that you experienced a problem with the television in your room. However, we greatly value you as our guest, and we appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We will certainly review with our team to ensure we do not continue to have such situations. We hope you will give us another opportunity when you are in the area again. Thank you for your time and consideration.