“The perfect place to relax!”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay
Ranked #25 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Beautiful hotel. Very spacious rooms and courteous staff. Fabulous views and very convenient location. Hotel shuttle to the local restaurants/bars is a plus. Deluxe accommodations for a moderate price. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,402)

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I accidentally went to the incorrect Double Tree hotel. I had a reservation at a different one, but took the wrong shuttle bus and landed at the 3050 N Rocky Point Dr location instead. Upon realizing what happened, the front desk manager, Jason, took care of everything. Instead of having to pack up my luggage and head over the other Double Tree, Jason said that he would take care of it. Not only did he call the other hotel for me, but he cancelled that reservation, made a new reservation at this hotel and matched the same rate. After flying all day, Jason really made the end of the day perfect. It was customer service at it's best. I just wanted to let someone know that not only is this location awesome, they have a great staff. (By the way, Edward was a great conversationlist as the shuttle driver; great attitude and certainly made you feel welcomed).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Chellie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Good Morning Brent W,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay with us. While sometimes our hotels can get confused, I am pleased to hear that we were able to work everything out for you. As you know, many times your experience is solely based on the interactions you had with the associates. I am happy that our staff was able to accommodate you, and I will certainly share all of your feedback with both Jason and Ed directly to celebrate and share your positive comments. Thank you for your review, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Chellie M

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is a great location to relax for a couple of days. You are on the causway between St Petersburg and Tampa so you can go fishing, swimming, biking, walking or running. Nearby restaurants are easily accessible There are so many things to do right out your door. The hotle is clean and well maintained and the staff is always ready to serve you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael S. K
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Comfortable and set right on Tampa Bay this hotel is by far the best value in the area! Jimmy and Christine in the lounge are just awesome! Everyone on staff extremely friendly and helpful! Rooms are comfortable and quiet.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Chellie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Good Afternoon Lisa VanValer,

Thank you for choosing the Doubletree Suites for your recent business travel to the Tampa Bay Area. We sincerely value and appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding your stay, and we will be certain to share all of your positive comments and recognize Jimmy and Christine for their outstanding efforts. We hope to see you again in the near future, and thank you again for your time and consideration.

Chellie M.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The remodel is very nice. Bathroom upgrades very nice. Still some work to do on carpet. Hotel much better than my last stay May 2013. Perfect location for business. Close to airport but not too close. 30 min from Clearwater Beach. Staff very friendly. Pool nice. View of Bay wonderful.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I found this hotel to have extremely helpful staff, beautiful views of the Bay, and comfortable and clean rooms. They are currently (May 2014) providing a makeover to the lobby and I assume the rooms. I was able to easily drive to other locations in Tampa.

1  Thank Matthew D
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was horrified by the state of the room, see pictures below. The phone looked like it had never been cleaned, or perhaps a recent guest vomited on it. Headboard for bed was dirty and torn. Missing tiles and rust in the bathroom. Sink was clogged and never resolved even after repeated calls down to have someone come fix it. The maintenance guy did come by while I was out and left a card thanking me for alerting them to the problem and invited me to come get a cookie. Cookies are nice, but what would be even better is a sink that doesn't overflow onto the floor while shaving.

I see another review that said housekeeping did a great job of providing fresh towels each day... yes I guess if that is your standard, then they did a great job. Too bad the room was so filthy and poorly maintained.

No executive lounge.

I went down for breakfast one day and 90% of the bacon was completely uncooked, i.e. RAW.
After bringing it to their attention, I was told nobody ever complains about that. I asked for a few pieces of bacon that had been cooked and they brought some that had been microwaved to scalding hot that was like beef jerky. I guess that's how they deal with problem guests that complain about the raw bacon. I skipped breakfast the 2nd day, even though it was included free with the room.

I am a diamond member with Hilton and this is the worst Doubletree I have EVER seen.

1  Thank David K
Chellie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Good Evening David K,

Thank you for posting your feedback and the pictures of your guest room and view. As a loyal rewards member and our guest, we take great pride in ensuring guests have a great experience. We are working with our departments to ensure that rooms and services are meeting our expectations. We are also reviewing our dining options and will strive to only provide the best quality options. Please feel free to contact us directly with any additional comments or concerns and we hope you'll consider giving us another chance to serve you for a better experience.

Chellie M.